• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

If a young Sean Averys personality was kept in check in the Wings room - I think Semin will be fine. Yeah, he'll have slow patches and off nights. Guess what? 40 goal scorers dont grow on trees. Sign him for 4 years - if theres chemistry and hes around after 2013-2014 hell probably help us re-up Datsyuk.

If I'm holland I sign Semin for 5.5 x 4 years. Give him a 4 million$ signing bonus now to get it done. A 3 year dealwith Doanwould also be great. 35 is only a number - Doan is a tank/workhorse with crazy legs. Just like Drapes even approaching 40 hell still be the stronger/faster alpha male than most 25 year olds.

Getting a few UFAs take the pressure off Kenny, gives the fans something to get excited for next year, and opens up more trade options to give us leverage to get a Yandle or Boumeester without hurting our offense too badly.

same guy who also said on July 3rd that Suter had agreed to be a Wing.

This guy called the Roy/Ott trade, Prust to Habs, and and Carle to Tampa 2 days before it happened. Theres a few others - this goof at least has a few sources that have tipped him off on legit information.

Guess what? 40 goal scorers dont grow on trees. Sign him for 4 years - if theres chemistry and hes around after 2013-2014 hell probably help us re-up Datsyuk.

If I'm holland I sign Semin for 5.5 x 4 years. Give him a 4 million$ signing bonus now to get it done. A 3 year dealwith Doanwould also be great.

Getting a few UFAs take the pressure off Kenny, gives the fans something to get excited for next year, and opens up more trade options to give us leverage to get a Yandle or Boumeester without hurting our offense too badly.

I agree. I wouldn't expect (or hope) the Wings to sign him to anything above 6 million (Zetterberg's cap hit). 5.5 sounds pretty reasonable to me, and I see there being advantages to having him here for 3-4 years, as you mentioned.

But the risk is another team may well be willing to give him over 6. Hell, I could see NJ, if they indeed have the cap space, try to woo him to play along with Kovalchuk. They've got a hole to fill on the wing too...

Edited by larionov_8

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm surprised Semin is not signed by the Wings yet. Sign Semin and then go after Doan if he does test the market come Monday. Worry about the blueline later? Good lord are we ever in a world of hurt there. :shocking:

I don't think 20 mil/4 years is enough for Semin. That would be a reasonable amount, and UFA's generally do not sign for a resonable amount of money.

Edited by Jocke

That guy may sign a contract and then ditch the team to go play in KHL for more money. Can't give someone like that a long term contract. Some f***ed up situation we got here.

The Red Wings are not high on skilled right wing Alexander Semin, the second-best available forward, due to concerns about commitment and effort that have dogged him his entire career. They would be hesitant to sign a player like that to a long-term deal.

That was July 4th. Holland isn't about NEEDS, he's about......yeah I'm still not sure.

Anyway yeah, even though trading for Yandle and signing Semin is our best option, all I can see Holland doing is inquiring about bringing Williams back for another run.

Why does everyone seem to think that Pav and Semin would be so great together? is it for no other reason than that they happen to both be russian?

I watched most of the world cup this year and they played decent together but it was nothing out of the ordinary at all.

The Red Wings are not high on skilled right wing Alexander Semin, the second-best available forward, due to concerns about commitment and effort that have dogged him his entire career. They would be hesitant to sign a player like that to a long-term deal.

Well that was before they knew parises decision, and lets not forget it's one reporter (khan) that says they are not high on semin. Below the part you quoted it says

"Of course, that was on Tuesday night. Now, with Parise officially no longer an option, Dmitry Chesnokov is reporting that the Red Wings are starting to show interest in Semin".

If you are going to comment on an article, you should atleast read all of it before you make remarks..

That was July 4th. Holland isn't about NEEDS, he's about......yeah I'm still not sure.

Anyway yeah, even though trading for Yandle and signing Semin is our best option, all I can see Holland doing is inquiring about bringing Williams back for another run.

Well, he also tweeted the following yesterday;

"I asked Semin if he was going to play in Detroit - one of the clubs reportedly interested. His reply: "I don't know." Evaluating his options"

I dont really know how reliable Chesnokov is, but i think he is pretty wellknown and respected among hockey people, no? Im also a bit unsure about Semin and how he would fit in, but i think the best thing right now would be to sign him (and preferably Doan aswell), and then look into the trademarket for a good Dman. If we sign those two, we have A LOT of forwards, we could prehaps trade two for a top pairing Dman.

Well, he also tweeted the following yesterday;

"I asked Semin if he was going to play in Detroit - one of the clubs reportedly interested. His reply: "I don't know." Evaluating his options"

I dont really know how reliable Chesnokov is, but i think he is pretty wellknown and respected among hockey people, no? Im also a bit unsure about Semin and how he would fit in, but i think the best thing right now would be to sign him (and preferably Doan aswell), and then look into the trademarket for a good Dman. If we sign those two, we have A LOT of forwards, we could prehaps trade two for a top pairing Dman.

So, Semin saying "I don't know" inclines you to believe we have a shot?

So, Semin saying "I don't know" inclines you to believe we have a shot?

No, but he isn't saying he's not interested either. He really doesn't say one thing or the other. I just wanted to point out that the wings have atleast shown some interest in Semin. Atleast it seems that way.

Edited by Winther

Semin has the ability to be an excellent player, perhaps even better than Parise. His amount of sheer talent is huge, and he is capable of very solid two-way play. What has been at issue is his willingness to work hard on every shift.

Like I said in another thread, kinda changed my mind a bit, if he accepts an one year deal worth 5,5, try it. Just better than a guy like Parise seems like a bit of a stretch.