• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

My question is, why not both Semin and Doan? If you really want a shot at winning a cup Holland may not get his way and have to offer some money and length of contract.

Seems like a great choice, since quite a bit of talent will have to be traded away for a good D-man (which nobody talks about, lets talk about Nash instead lol). Semin and Doan would help replace what was lost in a trade, and the Wings will have a decent team with a good chance of making it past the 1st round.

I'm really confused why Semin is waiting to sign somewhere. I thought he would have signed the day of the parise/suter signings or at least by the next day. If the wings had any interest in him he would already have a sweater stitched with his name on it. its not happening unless we told his agent we want to see what happens with doan before signing semin, idk

From what we are led to believe, only the New Jersey Devils and Detroit Red Wings have expressed any real interest in Semin.

source: bottom of page http://hockeytraderu...s-chance-semin/

I thought the Pens are interested in Semin too. Well if it's between us and the Devils, I'd say we have a pretty good chance of landing him.

Edited by Aki

source: bottom of page http://hockeytraderu...s-chance-semin/

I thought the Pens are interested in Semin too. Well if it's between us and the Devils, I'd say we have a pretty good chance of landing him.

I would guess the Penguins are interested in Semin. But as mentioned earlier they have like 6 players to re-sign next summer including Malkin. My guess is that Penguins can't really offer a long contract to Semin. Also thinking since Semin hasn't been nagged by a KHL team yet my guess is Semin is looking for a lengthy contract in the NHL. Surely the Devils can't really offer anything lengthy to Semin can they?

Really surprised Semin hasn't signed somewhere yet...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Semin and Datsyuk were great at WC. Datsyuk needs someone with some skill and a shot on his line, Bertuzzi isn't cutting it, and a lot of the time, neither is Franzen. Have Pasha make a phone call and start negotiations at 4 years, $22mil. Why we wouldn't at least try is a complete mystery to me. We need defense, but one has nothing to do with the other.

Sign Semin. He isn't the best, but he will fit, and hell, with all the reclamation projects everyone loves around here, wouldn't we just as soon reclaim a player like Semin, with the production intact and the attitude needing work, as we would a guy like Cleary?

You got it. Was it mentioned We don't hVe to give up anybody to land a sniper like semin and we certainly don't have to pay what the wild did for parise. Throw the offer down Kenny.

Semin will come to Detroit, and the season will have a happy ending in June.

I can foresee it.

With him scoring a couple in the cup clinching game? Too good to be true. Although being a Russian he is more than capable to do some wonders... Really.

I would guess the Penguins are interested in Semin. But as mentioned earlier they have like 6 players to re-sign next summer including Malkin. My guess is that Penguins can't really offer a long contract to Semin. Also thinking since Semin hasn't been nagged by a KHL team yet my guess is Semin is looking for a lengthy contract in the NHL. Surely the Devils can't really offer anything lengthy to Semin can they?

Really surprised Semin hasn't signed somewhere yet...

Malkin is signed through the end of the 2013-2014 season. Also a NMC in the final season.

My question is, why not both Semin and Doan? If you really want a shot at winning a cup Holland may not get his way and have to offer some money and length of contract.

I think both are just shortterm solutions, hardly fixing our biggest need » defense.

Even with Semin and Doan this roster is not a cup contender, which has to be our goal in the long run.

My fears are, we won't have enough money next season to try another run at the top UFAs.

He is looking for 5 years and at least 6 million, should that be true I hope Pittsburgh or New Jersey will sign him.

As for Holland give the guy 1 year 5.5 take it or leave it.

Sounds right didn't he make between four and five mill in wash. Pitt offered him 3 years 18 mill I heard. Offer him two million more and we have a sniper to play on a line with pavel.

Edited by EastonWings

If it's only a one year deal it doesn't really matter how much we sign him for with all our cap space. I'd offer Semin 1 year $8m if it got him to come here for a season instead of going somewhere else for a multi-year deal with less per. Would love to see if Babcock, Datsyuk and company can settle him down and make him the elite player he has the skill to be.

Edited by T-Ruff