• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

Could trade rumors spark Franzen?

Rate this topic

Hear that everybody, Carman thinks Fleischmann is better than Rick Nash! Yeah, that Rick Nash. Yes, first overall pick Rick Nash. Yes, olympic gold medalist Rick Nash. Yes, Rocket Richard Trophy winner Rick Nash.

Didn't you hear, the guy's totally over rated now because he hasn't continued to be in the running for the Rocket Richard Trophy year after year in spite of his initial success, and in spite of the fact that he plays on one of the worst teams in the history of hockey. As a matter of fact, if Rick Nash was sooo good, then he'd single handedly carry that bunch of scrubs to the playoffs. Just like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, and Ovechkin do. Those guys all obviously play with the same caliber of losers that Nash does.

Hear that everybody, Carman thinks Fleischmann is better than Rick Nash! Yeah, that Rick Nash. Yes, first overall pick Rick Nash. Yes, olympic gold medalist Rick Nash. Yes, Rocket Richard Trophy winner Rick Nash.

Didn't you hear, the guy's totally over rated now because he hasn't continued to be in the running for the Rocket Richard Trophy year after year in spite of his initial success, and in spite of the fact that he plays on one of the worst teams in the history of hockey. As a matter of fact, if Rick Nash was sooo good, then he'd single handedly carry that bunch of scrubs to the playoffs. Just like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, and Ovechkin do. Those guys all obviously play with the same caliber of losers that Nash does.

Top 5 players will usually produce great numbers even on bad teams. If you are paid to be a top 5 player, you better have a peak higher than 79 points. If Olli Jokinen can score 88 and 91 points back to back on an Offensively less talented Panther team a few years ago, then if Rick Nash really is what he is billed, you are damn sure he should be putting up better numbers than he is. I'm not saying Fleischmann is better, but just using him as an example considering Florida had worse offensive talent than Columbus did last season.

If trade talks heated up? Yes, I think it could spark Franzen. He is a competitor. I have a friend who used to play with Franzen back when he was a junior. He said Franzen was a really lazy guy who didn't really like to practice or work out much at all, but if anybody beat him at something, for example running the mile, then he would go crazy and just run that mile again and again until he had you beaten. For those watching the World Championships, Franzen was very much his old self again, creating traffic and crashing the net. I guess Babcock must find out what makes Franzen tick.

Top 5 players will usually produce great numbers even on bad teams. If you are paid to be a top 5 player, you better have a peak higher than 79 points. If Olli Jokinen can score 88 and 91 points back to back on an Offensively less talented Panther team a few years ago, then if Rick Nash really is what he is billed, you are damn sure he should be putting up better numbers than he is. I'm not saying Fleischmann is better, but just using him as an example considering Florida had worse offensive talent than Columbus did last season.

Florida didn't have worse talent. They actually have a decent team and showed it last year.

Also, when is the last time Datsyuk and Zetterberg scored 90 points like Jokinen did, according to your argument? Would you consider them top 5 at their position? You can't just look at points.

Nash realizes he's going nowhere in Columbus, and it affected his game last year. While he's still near his prime, he needs to go elsewhere and rejuvenate his career.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Then why did they score less than Columbus did?

Because they actually concentrated on other facets of their game. They did win the division, albeit a much weaker division.

This Fleischmann argument is stupid. There's much worse players in the league who scored more than Ovechkin did last year too. Doesn't mean they're better.

Because they actually concentrated on other facets of their game. They did win the division, albeit a much weaker division.

This Fleischmann argument is stupid. There's much worse players in the league who scored more than Ovechkin did last year too. Doesn't mean they're better.

But Ovechkin actually proved he can hit more than 80 points on a crap team.

Florida was a better overall team, but they were not good offensively. Columbus was a worse overall team, but similar offensively.

How do you explain this?

Kristian Huselius (LW) - 63 points in 74 games (43 assists)

Antoine Vermette © - 65 points in 82 games (38 assists, 54.2% FO%)

Nash (RW) had 67 points in 76 games. Huselius had one more power play point than the great Nash, and Vermette had 10 mroe even strength points than him.

But Ovechkin actually proved he can hit more than 80 points on a crap team.

Florida was a better overall team, but they were not good offensively. Columbus was a worse overall team, but similar offensively.

How do you explain this?

Kristian Huselius (LW) - 63 points in 74 games (43 assists)

Antoine Vermette © - 65 points in 82 games (38 assists, 54.2% FO%)

Nash (RW) had 67 points in 76 games. Huselius had one more power play point than the great Nash, and Vermette had 10 mroe even strength points than him.

Very misleading stats. Look at Vermette's numbers in the surrounding seasons from that 2010 season, and you'll see why he's not in Nash's league. Same with Huselius. You can't just pick one season (from 3 years ago) and use that as proof that those players are as good as Nash.

I'd explain it the same way I'd explain Filppula having similar numbers as Zetterberg last year. Doesn't mean he's a better player.

Very misleading stats. Look at Vermette's numbers in the surrounding seasons from that 2010 season, and you'll see why he's not in Nash's league. Same with Huselius. You can't just pick one season (from 3 years ago) and use that as proof that those players are as good as Nash.

I'd explain it the same way I'd explain Filppula having similar numbers as Zetterberg last year. Doesn't mean he's a better player.

I'm not saying these players are better than Nash. I'm saying Nash is an underachiever so far in his career. He is paid to be the franchise player, and make people around him better. If he was paid 5 million, it would be different, but he's not.

If trade talks heated up? Yes, I think it could spark Franzen. He is a competitor. I have a friend who used to play with Franzen back when he was a junior. He said Franzen was a really lazy guy who didn't really like to practice or work out much at all, but if anybody beat him at something, for example running the mile, then he would go crazy and just run that mile again and again until he had you beaten. For those watching the World Championships, Franzen was very much his old self again, creating traffic and crashing the net. I guess Babcock must find out what makes Franzen tick.

We can't get Loui Eriksson to play with him and Z. Flip will have to do :cool:

I'm not saying these players are better than Nash. I'm saying Nash is an underachiever so far in his career. He is paid to be the franchise player, and make people around him better. If he was paid 5 million, it would be different, but he's not.

And who would make that team better? Maybe Crosby.

You mentioned Jokinen's big point seasons. Where did that take the Panthers? They didn't even make the playoffs with him. Unless you're a goalie, you can't carry a team into the playoffs in the NHL.

If Nash is healthy, and playing with Datsyuk or Zetterberg, he'll put up bigger numbers than he ever put up in Columbus. This is all pointless talk honestly, because we're unlikely to get a trade with Columbus.