• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Very misleading stats. Look at Vermette's numbers in the surrounding seasons from that 2010 season, and you'll see why he's not in Nash's league. Same with Huselius. You can't just pick one season (from 3 years ago) and use that as proof that those players are as good as Nash.

I'd explain it the same way I'd explain Filppula having similar numbers as Zetterberg last year. Doesn't mean he's a better player.

I'm not saying these players are better than Nash. I'm saying Nash is an underachiever so far in his career. He is paid to be the franchise player, and make people around him better. If he was paid 5 million, it would be different, but he's not.

#42 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

If trade talks heated up? Yes, I think it could spark Franzen. He is a competitor. I have a friend who used to play with Franzen back when he was a junior. He said Franzen was a really lazy guy who didn't really like to practice or work out much at all, but if anybody beat him at something, for example running the mile, then he would go crazy and just run that mile again and again until he had you beaten. For those watching the World Championships, Franzen was very much his old self again, creating traffic and crashing the net. I guess Babcock must find out what makes Franzen tick.

We can't get Loui Eriksson to play with him and Z. Flip will have to do :cool:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#43 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,822 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'm not saying these players are better than Nash. I'm saying Nash is an underachiever so far in his career. He is paid to be the franchise player, and make people around him better. If he was paid 5 million, it would be different, but he's not.

And who would make that team better? Maybe Crosby.

You mentioned Jokinen's big point seasons. Where did that take the Panthers? They didn't even make the playoffs with him. Unless you're a goalie, you can't carry a team into the playoffs in the NHL.

If Nash is healthy, and playing with Datsyuk or Zetterberg, he'll put up bigger numbers than he ever put up in Columbus. This is all pointless talk honestly, because we're unlikely to get a trade with Columbus.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#44 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

Nothing can spark Franzen ! He is unsparkable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD