55 replies to this topic

#1 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Posted Image
I think Kronwall and Quincey are a bit too high, Nyquist way too low, Franzen, Filppula and Helm a little lower

Pavel has 95 deke, Bert should definitely have 90+ as well.

Edited by irishock, 18 August 2012 - 02:11 AM.

bringit.jpg

#2 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

Well hopefully Smith and Nyquist impress and get an upgrade during and update lol

#3 wingfan91

wingfan91

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Ian White an 84, but Big E a 77? Flip an 83? C'mon...

#4 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Accurate. Pavel = Crosby.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Jimmy Howard

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#5 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Nyquist and Smith are still pretty unknown as to how they can handle a full NHL season so I don't have any problem with their ratings but I would have thought Zetterberg would still be a 90.

Posted Image

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Surprised Datsyuk rose, since his numbers didn't exactly spike last season. Kronwall got higher as well, significantly from what I remember him being. I think Howard's overall got worse, which is a little surprising.

But then again, the game rates pretty much everyone above a 75. Even enforcers were rated in the 80's in the last game. The whole rating system made no sense to me.

I don't see any reason to buy this game. The freezing issues last year were a joke and the game had other issues that EA didn't seem to care about.

Still not as bad as FIFA's scripting issues, though. ;)

Accurate. Pavel = Crosby.

On this forum, yes.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Oh cool... another year of me editing the overall rating of players ;)

#8 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Oh cool... another year of me editing the overall rating of players ;)

Sometimes it's kind of fun to edit whether certain players fight or not. For example, usually the programmers set Crosby's fighting frequency to "Never" so that when you try to challenge him to a fight he doesn't oblige. If you set it to sometimes or always (or whatever it is) then you can activate an enforcer and pound on him all you want.

Hey, it's what video games are for, right? So you can witness phenomena you don't normally see in real life.

#9 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Eaves, Brunner?????
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#10 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

How do they rank the Red Wings in comparison to the rest of the league? I don't expect it to be too great.

#11 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

I think Kronwall and Quincey are a bit too high, Nyquist way too low, Franzen, Filppula and Helm a little lower

Pavel has 95 deke, Bert should definitely have 90+ as well.

Nyquist has 7 points points in 18 nhl games. While his potential is high, there is no way his overall should be higher than it is. he is still just a prospect. Howard should be about 3 points higher imo and franzen should be slightly lower than filppula.

I don't see any reason to buy this game. The freezing issues last year were a joke and the game had other issues that EA didn't seem to care about.

the new gm connected mode is enough for me to buy the game. it's going to be fantasy hockey on steriods lol. and the new skating engine looks great.

but i agree, the freeing issues last year were bad and they never could fix it. hopefully that isn't an issue this time around

#12 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Howard is an 84, but I bet Luongo is a 100......another NHL game with Howard letting in the worst goals ever. :evil:

#13 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Howard is an 84, but I bet Luongo is a 100......another NHL game with Howard letting in the worst goals ever. :evil:

At least its not osgood in real life! 19:05 of the third. Wings up by one. MacInnis from the red line. Good God.

#14 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

At least its not osgood in real life! 19:05 of the third. Wings up by one. MacInnis from the red line. Good God.

or jamie langenbrunner from the red line. western conference finals. game 5 in overtime

#15 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

or jamie langenbrunner from the red line. western conference finals. game 5 in overtime

Ughhh!

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

My favorite was NHL 2000.

That game was fun, but I could never get over those backhanded goals scored from the blueline, where the puck was essentially chipped over the goalie's shoulder. Pissed me off each time. :lol:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Cleary to high Howard too low. Im not a Cleary hater though. The monster should be a bit higher imo also

Edited by Krayzie_Bone, 18 August 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#18 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

My favorite was NHL 2000.

That game was fun, but I could never get over those backhanded goals scored from the blueline, where the puck was essentially chipped over the goalie's shoulder. Pissed me off each time. :lol:

NHL 2004 for me. The fighting system was revolutionized when this game came out, and it was a massive upgrade over NHL 2003.

The puck physics were as realistic as you could get; I remember shooting with Lidstrom from his own zone to the opposite end of the ice, the puck takes a wild bounce at the corner of the boards and deflects off the goaltender and in the net.

How do they rank the Red Wings in comparison to the rest of the league? I don't expect it to be too great.

Offense 4/5 Defense 4.5/5 Goalies 4/5 (80, 90, 80)

As for the new ratings system, Datsyuk rose because EA Sports took a skills-based approach this time. In previous games your fighting ability and poise ratings amounted to speed, stick handling and shot accuracy in terms of contributing to the OVR rating.

I think it's fair to say Datsyuk =/> Crosby in terms of hockey skills.

Edited by irishock, 18 August 2012 - 10:10 PM.

bringit.jpg

#19 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

As for the new ratings system, Datsyuk rose because EA Sports took a skills-based approach this time. In previous games your fighting ability and poise ratings amounted to speed, stick handling and shot accuracy in terms of contributing to the OVR rating.

I think it's fair to say Datsyuk =/> Crosby in terms of hockey skills.

Huh? I thought stats were different because in the previous game ratings were based on player type (e.g. enforcer, sniper, etc..) but now it's a position basis, forwards and defense. So players that were particularly good at their role like an enforcer are now rated a lot lower because they are, overall, below average forwards.

#20 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Somewhat accurate of certain players lol. I'd rate Filppula a bit higher along with Helm :P