Photo
- - - - -

if you had to pick one player in the current roster.......

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Since the while CBA stuff has currently left me missing hockey and not feeling very optimistic, let's play a game :)
If you had an opportunity to sit down and have a drink or have dinner with one CURRENT and you couldn't talk hockey, who would you choose and why?
For me I think I would pick to sit down with Tootoo and have a candid conversation about addiction and if he felt that the league "looked away" if they knew someone was struggling. I also would want to talk to an " enforcer" about losing Boogard, Rypian, Belak and the early departures of some of hockey's biggest personalities and if he worried he would slip into that headspace.
Thoughts?
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Datsyuk.

I speak Russian, so it would be possible.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

datsyuk.

guy just seems so insightful and good natured. plus, that wit.
Posted Image

#4 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Z to talk about growing a sick beard.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#5 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

Datsyuk- soccer

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Since the while CBA stuff has currently left me missing hockey and not feeling very optimistic, let's play a game :)
If you had an opportunity to sit down and have a drink or have dinner with one CURRENT and you couldn't talk hockey, who would you choose and why?
For me I think I would pick to sit down with Tootoo and have a candid conversation about addiction and if he felt that the league "looked away" if they knew someone was struggling. I also would want to talk to an " enforcer" about losing Boogard, Rypian, Belak and the early departures of some of hockey's biggest personalities and if he worried he would slip into that headspace.
Thoughts?

Bert without a doubt... seems like he's got a good sense of humor, we have similar music tastes, and I'd ask him off the record what really went down with Crawford and the bounty situation over Moore...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#7 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'd enjoy speaking with Datsyuk about his faith and his experience growing up deep in the Soviet Union. I think he grew up where the Tsar and his family were killed. Plus, he seems to be a legit Christ-follower.

#8 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Bert. Being a BC guy when I was a kid he was like a superhero for a few yrs when I was in highschool ... fact that he got traded to my favorite team just made it that much cooler. Bert looks like one of the quiet insightful guys who's probably down to earth and cool as hell - plus I throw down the beers like nobodys business and Bert can probably handle his pops pretty effectively as well.

#9 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Actually Datsyuk and Bert would round out my top 3. They have lived much more than what you see in 3 periods of hockey. Cleary and Eaves would also be interesting because they were first round picks, highly touted and then had to reinvent themselves to remain in the game. Too many choices!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Ovechkin. We would just mumble at each other and laugh about it and then probably call Dats to see if he wants to come join it.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#11 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Definitely Homer because it wouldn't matter what we were talking about I'm sure I'd be laughing my butt off even if I couldn't understand most of what he was talking about :lol:

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 02 September 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#12 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

Dats and soccer most definitely...

#13 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

bert because he seems cool and i could understand him talk

#14 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Not really on the roster but part of the broadcast team so I'm counting it... Would love to sit down for a couple of ginger ales with Mickey Redmond one day.

#15 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

Homer. They say he's the funniest guy in the locker room for a reason.

Edited by irishock, 03 September 2012 - 03:58 AM.

bringit.jpg

#16 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

Datsyuk
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#17 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

I'd have Bert slam my head into the ping pong table a few times and call it a day.

I can go into work the next day gloating that I got my ass beat by Bert.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#18 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

Homer for the insight into the recent history of the team. I'd love to hear his take on everything that happened since he joined the team. Plus he'd be funny to talk to.

#19 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

Oh definitely Pasha...we have a lot of things in common outside of hockey. I would love to spend time with him talking about the pain of losing parents, being the second child (we seem to go through more hell), and life in general.
Posted Image

#20 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

I misread the first post on mine above. If it was our roster, i'd take Z cause he's my favorite player and there's always a million questions that you can ask your favorite player. He's a pretty laid back guy it seems too.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.