• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

ESPN-KHL Deal in the Works?

Rate this topic

First of all, ESPN3 carried KHL games last year, yet nobody seems to know/remember that. I don't think the interest level in this country is a Russian hockey league (which would probably also have to be tape delayed) could justify putting it on even the ancillary ESPN TV channels, let alone ESPN or ESPN2. There's no way.

Second, ESPN3 is not a "premium" service. It's basically the same as HBO Go, which is HBO's excellent web/tablet/smartphone portal to on-demand content. If you already have ESPN through one of the major service providers (including Comcast), you literally put your account login information online and you can stream it. I think this concept is pretty alien to a lot of people, but became pretty familiar during the 2012 London Olympics. Download the WatchESPN app for iOS, or its also carried on streaming devices like an XBox 360. I've used it to watch on-demand MLS games, IndyCar races, etc., but they have TONS of obscure European stuff. If you're already paying for these services, you might as well get your money's worth!

the watchespn app is only avaliable to people who pay for tv through comcast, bright house networks, verizon fios, and time warner cable.

espn3 is avaliable to only 73 million people, so the majority of people can't even get it if they wanted to

Edited by chances14

Could someone explain where exactly to find the games on ESPN3? I downloaded the app for iOS and logged into my comcast account, but I see nothing related to hockey there. I see many sports, but not hockey. I even sorted by upcoming events for all sports, and I don't see any KHL games at all, so maybe I am missing something here?

Hockey? On ESPN? Now that's a blast from the past!

I actually used to hate when the games were aired on ESPN because I couldn't get my Ken and Mickey fix...wasn't it on UPN50 back then? God I'm getting old!

Nah, you aint old yet! Think back to Ray Lane on WKBD 50 and then PASS Sports....

I would watch KHL hockey on ESPN and boy would this ever grind Gary's nards? Gary is the worst thing to EVER happen to the NHL....no wonder the NBA got rid of him!

Guest Johnz96

Nah, you aint old yet! Think back to Ray Lane on WKBD 50 and then PASS Sports....

I would watch KHL hockey on ESPN and boy would this ever grind Gary's nards? Gary is the worst thing to EVER happen to the NHL....no wonder the NBA got rid of him!

Worst thing to ever happen to the game of hockey. Some of the fundamental changes he made to the game to restrict skill and talent for the sake of parity so weaker teams have a better chance of winning have been incorporated internationally at all levels like the bloated goalie equipment. If European teams didn't allow their goalie equipment to balloon they wouldn't stand a chance against NA teams with bigger goalie equipment

Guest Johnz96

just go to this site to watch the KHL games http://www.laola1.tv...ideo/224--.html

Thanks.

I just watched the Ak Bars, Dynamo Moscow game. Great game Dynamo won 2-0. Sounds defensive but there was great up and down action, a physical game, a lot of scoring chances and the goalies stole the show. Ovechkin was great.

Datsyuk didn't play. Hope he isn't injured.

Thanks.

I just watched the Ak Bars, Dynamo Moscow game. Great game Dynamo won 2-0. Sounds defensive but there was great up and down action, a physical game, a lot of scoring chances and the goalies stole the show. Ovechkin was great.

Datsyuk didn't play. Hope he isn't injured.

Datsyuk plays for CSKA. He has a game today against Spartak.

Guest Johnz96

Datsyuk plays for CSKA. He has a game today against Spartak.

That's a relief, I thought he was playing for Ak Bars, main reason I watched the game

That's a relief, I thought he was playing for Ak Bars, main reason I watched the game

CSKA won 2-1 and Pavel scored both goals (first one was vintage Datsyuk - stealing puck from an opposing player trying to exist his own zone and then scoring).

Guest Johnz96

Yeah I realize that now. I thought he was playing for Ak Bars again.

I actually just watched today's game CSKA against Spartak. CSKA won 2-1 in OT. Datsyuk scored a nice one intercepting a defenseman's pass, going in one on one on the goalie (who played deep in the net and didn't challenge Pav fearing the datsyukian dekes) and sniped a wrister to give CSKA a 1-0 lead in the second. He also scored the game winner in OT on a goal mouth scramble quickly pouncing on a Radulov rebound and putting it home

Yeah I realize that now. I thought he was playing for Ak Bars again.

I actually just watched today's game CSKA against Spartak. CSKA won 2-1 in OT. Datsyuk scored a nice one intercepting a defenseman's pass, going in one on one on the goalie (who played deep in the net and didn't challenge Pav fearing the datsyukian dekes) and sniped a wrister to give CSKA a 1-0 lead in the second. He also scored the game winner in OT on a goal mouth scramble quickly pouncing on a Radulov rebound and putting it home

It's depressing me hearing about Datsyuk playing.

He's 34 years old and doesn't have a lot of seasons left, certainly not at top level. Every game missed is a big deal at this point in his career.

Guest Johnz96

He hasn't played for Ak Bars in over a decade. He played for Dynamo last lockout. (I still have my Datsyuk Dynamo jersey from back then)

I'm trying to find a CSKA sweater now. I've looked online and all I can find are Ak Bars and Dynamo ones. I'm surprised you would figure that there would be a good demand for them right now

It's depressing me hearing about Datsyuk playing.

He's 34 years old and doesn't have a lot of seasons left, certainly not at top level. Every game missed is a big deal at this point in his career.

He only has one year left on his contract after this season (if there ever is one) and a lot of people are speculating that he wants to return to Russia then. Who knows.

He may never play in a Wings jersey again.