• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Linus Omark

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Again I ask "Why not?"

Al these forwards we have is compromising the development of or prospects as they are not afforded opportunities

Guest Crymson

Again I ask "Why not?"

Because there isn't the faintest chance that he'll make the roster, and he refuses to play in the AHL.

Is that enough for you?

Al these forwards we have is compromising the development of or prospects as they are not afforded opportunities

I respectfully couldnt disagree more. Worst case scenario hes the same player he was in Edmonton and you say goodbye. Best case scenario he puts up 70 points with Z and Brunner and we got a top 6 forward in a steal. You cant have too much talent.

Because there isn't the faintest chance that he'll make the roster, and he refuses to play in the AHL.

Is that enough for you?

If he doesnt make the roster and you havent given up much to get him whats the problem? You havent really lost anything and you took a shot at a guy with first round offensive talent.

Guest Crymson

If he doesnt make the roster and you havent given up much to get him whats the problem? You havent really lost anything and you took a shot at a guy with first round offensive talent.

If he were coming to the team on a tryout, it would be a different story. But that's not the case. This is a guy whom assets would need to be given for, a guy who would then be under contract, a guy whom our new associate coach has a low opinion of, a guy who has a bad attitude, a guy who refuses to pay his dues in the AHL, a guy who took to Twitter to ask the Oilers for a trade because they weren't playing him in the NHL.

No thanks. A tryout contract is a no-lose scenario (unless the guy busts up one of your regulars in practice). A trade is an entirely different matter.

Guest The Axe

I think omark is still a more valuable prospect than Emmerton

I agree, because Emmerton isn't a prospect anymore. He's a regular.

Just for the chemistry they are sharing alone i'd give him a shot. I think putting them together on a line to begin the season after all this playtime they have had together would be a nice early boost to the year considering how many rusty lines we'd be facing.

Guest The Axe

He didn't make the Edmonton Oilers... THE OILERS

Ha ha ha! This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they go to India. "I mean, the plague!"

CBC Sports posted this today on their rundown of notable free agents:

Omark: Perhaps Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland will come calling after his Edmonton counterpart Steve Tambellini was unsuccessful in moving the 25-year-old left-winger over the summer. Omark finished third in Swiss league scoring with 13 goals and 46 points in 34 games, and clicked with Red Wings teammates Henrik Zetterberg and Damien Brunner on EV Zug’s top line during the lockout.

Is there anything to this? It could be worth exploring given the Zetterburg/Brunner chemistry already established. Kenny could plug in a piece that already clicks, which is huge.

Guest RedWingsDad

If Filppula is traded for a D piece, we could replace his soft euro position with Omark, and for considerably less.

If Filppula is traded for a D piece, we could replace his soft euro position with Omark, and for considerably less.

If you called Franzen a soft Euro, I'd agree with you. But Filppula is not soft. He plays hard and busts his ass every shift. He is a very good 3rd line center that the Wings have to sometimes use on a 2nd line, because they don't have anyone else.

Guest RedWingsDad

If you called Franzen a soft Euro, I'd agree with you. But Filppula is not soft. He plays hard and busts his ass every shift. He is a very good 3rd line center that the Wings have to sometimes use on a 2nd line, because they don't have anyone else.

I think we have different definitions of soft. I am not referring to effort or effectiveness, but rather his grit, tenacity, gusto, strength on the puck. Heck, it's a joke between me and my wife how easily Filppula falls down all the time (somewhere a bunny sneezed, and Filppula fell down!), though he seemed to get a hare better in that area towards the end of last season.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Franzen-datsyuk-filppula

Brunner-Zetterberg-omark

Samuelsson-helm-Cleary

Tootoo-abdelkader-bertuzzi

Datsyuk can make the streaky franzen better

The second line could potentially have insane chemistry

Hard working 3rd line

Mean and tough fourth line that can score

2nd line would be the 2 kids and a goat line part 2!

I like.

Guest The Axe

Agreed. Hes a bargain right now.

Filpulla a 3rd line center? lol

You do know he scored the 12th most points for a center last year right? I guess Brad Richards, Couture, Krejci, Weiss and Getzlaf are 3rd line centers too.

Filpulla a 3rd line center? lol

You do know he scored the 12th most points for a center last year right? I guess Brad Richards, Couture, Krejci, Weiss and Getzlaf are 3rd line centers too.

And you know he did the vast majority of that playing on Zetterberg's wing last year right?

And you know he did the vast majority of that playing on Zetterberg's wing last year right?

Fair enough, still .82 PPG still puts him well within the top 50 for forwards, quite clear his is a legitimate top 6 player.

Guest Johnz96

Fair enough, still .82 PPG still puts him well within the top 50 for forwards, quite clear his is a legitimate top 6 player.

Considering that there are 90 first liners in the NHL, that's pretty good for a top 6 player

Franzen-datsyuk-filppula

Brunner-Zetterberg-omark

Samuelsson-helm-Cleary

Tootoo-abdelkader-bertuzzi

Datsyuk can make the streaky franzen better

The second line could potentially have insane chemistry

Hard working 3rd line

Mean and tough fourth line that can score

2nd line would be the 2 kids and a goat line part 2!

I like.

I can appreciate your thought process on this, but I think you are missing one very important element: go back and look at the highlights of BZO in the Swiss Cheese league; you'll be hardpressed to see one hit on them, let alone any real contact whatsoever.

Zetterberg would simply have too much puck responsiblity with both Brunner and Omark on his line.

I really like Bert in the top 6. Granted he was never the quickest guy in the league, and now he's even lost a step from that, but he is still a great (and effective) combination of size, strength, instincts, vision, hands, and grit. He can play outside the circles, behind the net, or in front of the crease. You don't lose anythng defensively like you would by adding Omark. Then add to the equation Bertuzzi's years of experience in the league vs Omark's steep learning curve.

Omark may have a spot on another grit heavy underskilled team (is Radulov playing with Nashville again this year?) but he would greatly unbalance the Wings.

We need to find a young Zach Kassian type like Gillis traded Cory Hodgson to Buffalo for. That guy is going to be the DIet Coke of Bertuzzi in his prime.