New era begins

bringit.jpg

#4 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Congrats Z. My jersey doesnt even have the A.

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Approved.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Shocking. In other news, the world isn't flat!

#7 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Welcome to generation Z....

Really tho, no surprise and well deserved. Congrats Zette

Edited by amato, 07 January 2013 - 03:37 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#8 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Congrats Z! Next in a line of champions like Stevie Y and Nick.

#9 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

It was just a formality, but still nice to hear!

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#10 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Good for him, and us. I'm really excited for this.

"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#11 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

He will undoubtedly make a great captain... I just wish he would show more emotion. I'm a sucker for players that wear their heart on their sleeve.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

While I agree he will be the captain, when I read this article last night I couldn't help but think how Khan knows. He didn't cite a source and the Wings have not officially announced anything, have they?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#13 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Ok...Really dumb question here.....

Why Hank, and not Dats?

He will undoubtedly make a great captain... I just wish he would show more emotion. I'm a sucker for players that wear their heart on their sleeve.

Me too.....

I think back to the 90's when Clark, and Gilmour were Leaf captains...Those guys were warriors.

Sorry - got that soft spot for that team in T.O.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#14 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Why Hank, and not Dats?

Me too.....

I think back to the 90's when Clark, and Gilmour were Leaf captains...Those guys were warriors.

I am going to go with the simple fact that Daysuk's English is atrocious, seemingly having never made a solid effort to learn the language of the country he has been playing in for so long. A bit off-topic, and I love Datsyuk in general don't get me wrong, but I am slightly offended at his horrible English. I think if he had even passively tried to pick up English he would be fairly fluent by now, considering how long he has been here. It makes me think he must have made a conscious effort to avoid learning it, to still be so horrible...

That... and he's older and would like to go back to Russia. We will presumably get a few more solid years of captaincy out of Z.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 08 January 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#15 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Why Hank, and not Dats?

Me too.....

shoot clark and gilmour were awesome. I'm with you. Love Z but I would love for him to show more emotion like redwingsdad said.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#16 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I am going to go with the simple fact that Daysuk's English is atrocious, seemingly having never made a solid effort to learn the language of the country he has been playing in for so long. A bit off-topic, and I love Datsyuk in general don't get me wrong, but I am slightly offended at his horrible English. I think if he had even passively tried to pick up English he would be fairly fluent by now, considering how long he has been here. It makes me think he must have made a conscious effort to avoid learning it, to still be so horrible...

That... and he's older and would like to go back to Russian. We will presumably get a few more solid years of captaincy out of Z.

Ah - good points.

I remember Feds picked up English quite well, but I agree - Dats can get by, but doesn't appear overly comfortable...For some insane reason many Swedes around the NHL (excluding our beloved Homer - joking) speak English with very little accent.

My 2nd language is limited to a menu at a Mexican restaurant :lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#17 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

That... and he's older and would like to go back to Russian. We will presumably get a few more solid years of captaincy out of Z.

I really do not think he didn't learn the language on purpose. He spends the majority of his time working out and playing/practicing. Cut the guy some slack his english has gotten way better over the years. You make him sound selfish, which everyone knows he is not!

#18 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

I really do not think he didn't learn the language on purpose. He spends the majority of his time working out and playing/practicing. Cut the guy some slack his english has gotten way better over the years. You make him sound selfish, which everyone knows he is not!

Hey like I said, I love the guy, I love his heart and his sense of humour... but I still think what I said is true. It doesn't make him a bad person, but is nevertheless slightly offensive to me. Heck, even Holmstrom can rock out better English, and has been able to for awhile! And that's saying something. :D

I guess they could have made Z and Dats co-captains... and Z could have translated and answered questions for Dats during interviews and press conferences. :P

#19 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Good choice, congrats to Z!
IPB Image

#20 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hey like I said, I love the guy, I love his heart and his sense of humour... but I still think what I said is true. It doesn't make him a bad person, but is nevertheless slightly offensive to me. Heck, even Holmstrom can rock out better English, and has been able to for awhile! And that's saying something. :D

I guess they could have made Z and Dats co-captains... and Z could have translated and answered questions for Dats during interviews and press conferences. :P

He already does that lmao. Yes Homer did have better broken english, but I am not offended, he came here for one purpose, to make our team better. He has done that ten fold, do I wish he COULD speak more fluently? sure, do I care enough to be offended? Not at all, as long as he keeps dazzling on the ice and carrying our team, he can speak whichever language he wants to.