No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/19: Red Wings 0 at St. Louis Blues 6

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Wings first shot- Samuelsson -230

first hit- Kronwall -150

first goal- Franzen -250

4-3 Wings, but it will be a hard fought battle. I think we'll go into the 3rd period down by a goal or two, but Babcock and the new captain steady the ship for an outstanding season opener win. Expected goals from Damien "The Gunner" Brunner (1G/1A), Pasha (1G/1A), Cleary (1G) and Smith (1G/1A). Big game boys, let's start this season right and start the upsets early on.

Boy it feels good to be predicting a game again!! I think this (along with most other games) is going to be a high scoring game because the goalies are going to be rusty and likely will let in some softies after not playing for so long. I am going to say 5-4 Wings goals from Pavs, Hank (2), Kronners, Brunner. Obviously I think a big game from our new big line but i think our top line will have a HUGE advantage over the Blues since they have played hockey this season... Anyways... GO WINGS

Boy it feels good to be predicting a game again!! I think this (along with most other games) is going to be a high scoring game because the goalies are going to be rusty and likely will let in some softies after not playing for so long. I am going to say 5-4 Wings goals from Pavs, Hank (2), Kronners, Brunner. Obviously I think a big game from our new big line but i think our top line will have a HUGE advantage over the Blues since they have played hockey this season... Anyways... GO WINGS

FYI - The Blues had the same # of players playing overseas as did the Redwings. We even had our own KHL All-Star. Let this game get started. 1st post of the year here by a Blues fan! :nono:

Soooo happy to see these back Mike! Killer new design too; I was waiting to see what you had in store for us. I'm curious, do you have a jersey pre-made for players of all teams or did you create a template?

Thanks! Most of the jerseys you see on there can be found at Jerseydatabase.com...however they don't have everything completely updated so I'm able to use photoshop and create jerseys for players who aren't updated on there.

That has to be the best game-day graphic I have ever seen. That is pure art... keep up the great work!!

As for the game, I am really unsure what to expect. Whatever happens I just hope the boys leave it on the ice. There's so many unknowns in our lineup compared to last season as well as the 48-game format that it makes this "season" a bit of a toss-up.

I'm most curious to see how our D-line shapes up considering the great one is gone.

That has to be the best game-day graphic I have ever seen. That is pure art... keep up the great work!!

As for the game, I am really unsure what to expect. Whatever happens I just hope the boys leave it on the ice. There's so many unknowns in our lineup compared to last season as well as the 48-game format that it makes this "season" a bit of a toss-up.

I'm most curious to see how our D-line shapes up considering the great one is gone.

Thanks!

Looks great, Mike. You've set the bar high for the year. Hopefully, The Wings can come out looking as good as the GDT. I'm expecting a whole lot of odd man rushes, some breakaways and plenty of blown coverages. Expecting an 80's era score tonight. Hope Brunner gets at last one tonight, to pop his cherry, and hope Franzen finds this game exciting enough to score. Drop the puck. LGW.

Looks great, Mike. You've set the bar high for the year. Hopefully, The Wings can come out looking as good as the GDT. I'm expecting a whole lot of odd man rushes, some breakaways and plenty of blown coverages. Expecting an 80's era score tonight. Hope Brunner gets at last one tonight, to pop his cherry, and hope Franzen finds this game exciting enough to score. Drop the puck. LGW.

Mule needs to step it up this year. No more being one of the top power forwards in hockey for a two week span and then be completely MIA for the next two weeks.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

all i can say is im happy hockey is back!

3-0 Wings win in St.Louis.

(Pavs, Zetts, and ohh..ill say Kronner)

Fantastic work on the OP.

Not expecting the most well-played game tonight, more likely we'll see a battle of two teams trying to find their timing and getting their game back. Individual mistakes or individual skill will likely play a large part in the outcome.

The Blues have a great looking team this year again and it's a good test even though the first game is likely to be a crapshoot.

Still I'm optimistic, 5-3 Wings.

Goals by Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Smith, Kronwall and Brunner.

Let's Go Wings !

GDT looks amazing, I know a lot of work must go into making all of that, so thanks!

This will be a tough game, the Blues are a good team and have very well balanced lines. Having Helm out is pretty significant against a team like this. I miss #5 already, but I'm excited for the new era.

Things I'm most looking forward to seeing:

Pav and Z back together.

Brunner on the top line.

New special teams.

Tootoo fight.

LGW!