53 replies to this topic

#1 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

I just had to show this one off for you guys; from reddit;

Story: Farmington, MN. Senior night, Farmington up 2-1 against Chaska with 3 minutes left. Senior tendy starts behind sophomore during regular season, gets the start for senior night. Upset with the way his position was handled (lack of professionalism coaching wise) he sends his coaches a message, leaving the ice. Chaska goes on to win 3-2/ Source: MN HS hockey player.

he scores on his own net, throws the universal finger puppet and salutes off

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#2 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

And hockey for him is over now.

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

And hockey for him is over now.

He got beat out of the starter position by a sophmore, I doubt he was cracking the NHL anyways

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#4 Jedi

Jedi

Galmar Stone-Fist. Stormcloak. Wings Fan.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Harrison Mooney with Puck Daddy has a story on this too, and provides a little bit of background as to why the goalie did it...

http://sports.yahoo....41741--nhl.html

2cwlto0.jpg

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Spoiled brat.  If you're second best, that's what you're going to play.  There's no shame in not being the number one as long as you give it your best shot.

Reminds me of the old saying:  There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "U" in "c***".

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#6 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

hilarious. 

good for him.

#7 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Will look great when prospective future employers find it on his social media background checks.  If you want to get back at your coach, leave a steamy dukkie under the seat of his car or somethiing, don't screw the entire team. 

#8 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Terrible attitude the kid has.  If he wants to be the starter he needs to earn it.  Not throw a tantrum when he doesn't get his way.  This a reflection on the state of society today.

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Classless.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Looks familiar...anyone else play NHL 13 online? Specifically, OTP?

#11 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

At least it worked.  Would have been killer if the other goalie would have come in and won it in OT.

#12 Adidarw

Adidarw

All Day I Dream About Red Wings

• HoF Booster
  • 417 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Future job interviewer(s): "Hey, aren't you that kid who through a fit because you didn't get what you wanted?  Get the hell outta here!"

#13 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Entitlement doesn't look good on anybody. This world doesn't owe you anything, bud. Maybe there's more to this story warranting the one gun salute, but don't ****** out your team to get attention for your public tantrum. *old timer voice* Kids these days...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#14 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

if you watch closely at the end of the video you can see a bunch of dumb frat kids going nuts, it's no wonder the kid is so self absorbed, look at the company he keeps..

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#15 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

funny no doubt, but s***ty for his team.

i read on deadspin the goalie actually asked a couple players on his team if they would mind and non of them did, so maybe it was a universal belief he shoulda been playing?

as a former duster in ACHA D-III, i had gone through a similar situation, getting benched for a younger, equally skilled d-man and when i decided I wanted to quit, i continued to have a voice on the bench for the remander of the season, and quit after the season without telling anyone before. not trying to toot my horn like im some great teammate, but anyone with a decent head on their shoulders woulda done the same.

with that said, goalies are weirdos.

also found it interesting to read off a friends facebook that the kid who got credited for the goal after he dumped the puck went on to gloat how he was a sniper lol

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#16 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Any competitive athlete thinks about the team first, themselves second and wants their own team to win over the opponent.  He's a spoiled, worthless piece of s*** and hopefully the school administration punishes him accordingly.  Here's a tip, douchbag...if you want playing time, be the better goalie.

#17 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Any competitive athlete thinks about the team first, themselves second and wants their own team to win over the opponent.  He's a spoiled, worthless piece of s*** and hopefully the school administration punishes him accordingly.  Here's a tip, douchbag...if you want playing time, be the better goalie.

Not wrong on most of this but maybe he was the better goalie. I'm not justifying it but we don't know the whole story. It's easy to judge and condemn without hearing both sides. Odds are we're right but still.

#18 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Video has been removed by user....

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#19 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Unless the coach was nailing the other goalie's mother, he was most likely playing the better goalie.  Seemed like the coach was going out of his way to play the loser on Senior Night.  The kid is an embarrassment to his school, his team and his family.  I'd be horrified if that were my kid and I don't care if he was playing for the worst coach ever.  You just don't act that way.

#20 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0