• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Tatar did play in Abs' spot, for two shifts.  Then that was it.  That actually makes me think there was something up with Abby over Babs giving Tatar a chance.  What baffles me even more is seeing Abs on the PP.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#22 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

This line is frustrating...

1. Why is our all-world playmaker paired up with guys who have not really shown they are great finishers?

2. Why after 5 games or so of this line and a very anemic offensive output over that time is a change not coming?

3. Why not try Tatar on this line?  Strong on the puck and strong finisher.  Dats - Cleary - Tatar

4. Or how about bringing Nyquist back up and pairing him with Dats?

What is our brain trust really thinking here with this line?

I couldn't agree more. The only thing we can hope is when Bert, Helm and a few others come back we won't have to deal with this joke of a line anymore

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#23 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,797 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Until we get a few more bodies back up front, I'd like to see:

Brunner-Zetterberg-Franzen

Tatar-Datsyuk-Eaves

Miller-Andersson-Cleary

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo

Change things up a bit, and potentially give us a decent crash and bang line as well as get some faster guys with Datsyuk.

#NOMOREKINDL

#24 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I agree with you 100% but think Babs thinks it just doesn't matter who is on Dats line he will make the better then the other teams line. Now some of that is true he does make his line mates better but give the guy a chance. Tatar would be a great choice and right now if he doesn't move up Nyquest I would choose Andersson Helm would be good when he comes back

Eaves is not bad choice either
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#25 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

I don't like this line either, but we are winning games.  I think Babcock wants defense to win games until we get Filpula, Samuelson, and Helm back.  Offensively, it isn't great, but they don't give up goals either.

We are 4-4-3 in our last 11 games. Take away the 8-goal trouncing we gave Luongo and the Nucks, and we're averaging just barely over 2 goals per game. If it wasn't for Howard coming around and heating up over the last stretch, we would be much, much worse off.

That line isn't producing, and we need it to. Period.

#26 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Injuries are exactly the time when a player like Tatar should get top line minutes.  Perfect opportunity to see what he's got with comparable linemates.  When we're healthy he absolutely won't get a chance, we all know that.  Underutilization of talent by Babs IMO.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#27 eb9

eb9

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

We're winning, aren't we?  However ugly it may be, when we're winning I don't think we should be questioning Babcock's choices too much.  Plus we do have those injuries.  Without Fil and (bare with me, Bertuzzi), we don't have the scorers to play high scoring games.  We can win low scoring games with this line, so that's why they're using it.

#28 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

We're 2-2 (luckily) in the last four games with that line contributing zero to the offense. Change it.

esteef

#29 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

We're 2-2 (luckily) in the last four games with that line contributing zero to the offense. Change it.

esteef

That line did have the second goal last night (Abby to Dats to E to Kronner). If Tatar has a better game than last night, I'd like to see him take the place of whoever is playing worse of Abby/Cleary (Cleary was worse last night) tomorrow during the game.

#30 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

That line did have the second goal last night (Abby to Dats to E to Kronner). If Tatar has a better game than last night, I'd like to see him take the place of whoever is playing worse of Abby/Cleary (Cleary was worse last night) tomorrow during the game.

Oh yeah, the flukey goal from the dman that bounced off the boards and the goalie's skate and went in.  How could I forget about that pure domination?

esteef

#31 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Babcock's decision to ice this line is the first decision of his that has made me angry. Every time I see the line hit the ice, the pure disgust I feel makes me want to turn the game off.

I am aware that Babcock likes this line because he feels it has defensive acumen, but it is also absolutely incapable of scoring.

#32 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Oh yeah, the flukey goal from the dman that bounced off the boards and the goalie's skate and went in.  How could I forget about that pure domination?

esteef

This. It's funny how people are justifying that line like they actually scored a goal. It was just a pure lucky bounce otherwise that line would have went pointless again for the 4th straight game. If Datsyuk had 0 points in 4 games = something is seriously wrong.

#33 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Babcock's decision to ice this line is the first decision of his that has made me angry. Every time I see the line hit the ice, the pure disgust I feel makes me want to turn the game off.

I am aware that Babcock likes this line because he feels it has defensive acumen, but it is also absolutely incapable of scoring.

Youre right. They are brutal.

#34 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I am all for us flukey-ing our way deep into the playoffs.....i likes the slop!!!

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Crymson, Babcock has won everything there is to win.  

How dare you criticize him?  Name me a guy who's more accomplished and could coach this team better?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#36 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

everyone stop freaking out. as soon as fil comes back this wont be an issue

#37 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Crymson, Babcock has won everything there is to win.  

How dare you criticize him?  Name me a guy who's more accomplished and could coach this team better?

This appears to be you trying too hard, but you can't even do that right.

Babcock is still the best available. He's not perfect, but he's less imperfect than just about anyone else out there.

#38 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

I have to agree with Crymson on this.  Babcock is a top coach in the NHL.  I also agree that the Datsyuk line is the most frustrating line I've seen in awhile by Babcock.

#39 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

I have to agree with Crymson on this.  Babcock is a top coach in the NHL.  I also agree that the Datsyuk line is the most frustrating line I've seen in awhile by Babcock.

Open your eyes!  Can you not see what Babs is doing?

#40 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I also don't care for this line.  I don't hate on Cleary and Abs like a lot of posters here (I don't love them either) but to me, it's about finish.  Maybe Datsyuk does feel like Cleary and Abs create some space for him.  But they both score goals by grinding, picing up trash around the net.  They can't finish the way they need to in order to really make Datsyuk effective.  Personally, I would rather see the following lines (a mixture of if I hadit my way and being somewhat realistic as to the potential of what Babcock could do):

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Eaves

Tatar - Andersson - Cleary

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca