• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

These are both names I've mentioned before and guys I would absolutely love to see on this team.  There are always a ton of guys like this that can be had relatively cheaply.  Defensemen start getting expensive when they put up a ton of points.  A stay at home guy who doesn't score much (especially one with size) would make the Wings harder to play against, and wouldn't cost much at all. 

Pair this type of move with a top-six rental that would alleviate the logjam of middling forwards we currently have (Cleary, Abdelkader, Emmerton, Miller, and Eaves) Get Bert, Sammy, and Helm healthy, get into the playoffs, see what we've got, and I would be happy with this year. 

(I'm easy to please.)

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#42 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Pair this type of move with a top-six rental that would alleviate the logjam of middling forwards we currently have (Cleary, Abdelkader, Emmerton, Miller, and Eaves) Get Bert, Sammy, and Helm healthy, get into the playoffs, see what we've got, and I would be happy with this year. 

(I'm easy to please.)

That's another thing I've been saying.  A stay at home type of d-man, with a top six rental and we're looking really good heading into the playoffs.  I would add that it doesn't even really need to be a "star" top sixer.  Just a serviceable winger that can finish when one of our elite centers gets him the puck.  Someone like what the Habs got in Michael Ryder, or Blake Wheeler, or someone like that.  I'd also be very interested in seeing Holland take a chance on Nino Neiderreiter from the Isles.  He hasn't proven anything in his very short stints with the big club, but he's got size and skill and is tearing up the AHL in goal scoring.  It's riskier than the others, but I'd still be pretty happy with the move. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#43 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Too much probably.... Like I said, I don't want to lose our 1st round pick or any of our top prospects, so I cannot see a trade like that happening...

It would take the jaws of life to get Bogo from the Jets.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#44 heyfolks

heyfolks

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I agree, NO d'man is close.  The Wings in with Dekeyser may be Blashill.  He coached him on college and would be his coach in GR.   This kid is a solid prospect but because he is a free agent people go crazy.  He will get the top entry level 2-way deal, as did Fabio.  If he wants to stay home and be mentored unde his former coach, the Wings have a solid shot at signing him.   He will need no less than 2-years of minors to be ready for the NHL.  Will a young core of 6 have him move on to a team with a better opportunity to join a NHL roster, my hunch is yes.  They all want to get paid.  That means being in the NHL, even if on the worst team in the League.

Kronner

E

Q

Smith

Kindl

Lash

______

Things change, E may leave for greener pastures, Q may move, Kindl traded, whatever.   Yet the Wings have a solid pipe line of d'men. 

Prediction - Canes. Good weather, Detroit based owner, chance to crack the line-up sooner, solid economy. 

#45 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

The whole thing is White, colo, Huskins are all dead weight and hurt the cap.  Dekeyster might just be worth the gamble

Dead weight? Huskins is clearly not part of the long term future but did a more that servicable job when played.  I wouldn't have brought Colo in her in the first place because of his injury issues but at 2.5 mil per when healthy he is a good NHL d man.  White has been very average and I'm not sure what the plan for him is..Him and his decent contract are tradeable.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#46 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Again, our top 6 D is fine. You keep a vet like Huskins for the 7th spot. let all the others play in GR untill needed-injuries, FA's leave etc.... If Schultz can play half of the season in the AHL then so can dekeyser. Besides, he is coming here unless Holland screws up. Keep in mind E is a UFA after next year, so there is a spot opening up real soon. I don't see resigning E at 4.5 milliona sa good idea, even though I like him as a player.

#47 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Again, our top 6 D is fine. You keep a vet like Huskins for the 7th spot. let all the others play in GR untill needed-injuries, FA's leave etc.... If Schultz can play half of the season in the AHL then so can dekeyser. Besides, he is coming here unless Holland screws up. Keep in mind E is a UFA after next year, so there is a spot opening up real soon. I don't see resigning E at 4.5 milliona sa good idea, even though I like him as a player.

Schultz played half a season in the AHL cause of the lockout, and he was playing with Eberle, Nuge and Hall.  Hardly a bad deal.  Dekeyser likely won't sign here to play in GR, he'll do what Schultz did and go to a team that needs his services now.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#48 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

The NCAA playoffs begin this weekend.  If WM is bounced early and Dekeyser signs he would be eligible to play in the AHL/NHL for the remainder of the year...at least that's my understanding.  If that is the case I could see him going to GR and making his case for a roster spot next season.

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#49 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm J-no on J-bo.  Not needed & he'll absolutely screw up the cap situation for the Wings next season.  The kid I want to see the Wings pick up for the future is Andrej Sustr from Nebraska Omaha.  Wouldn't that be something to see in a few years, a 6'8" Sustr on the blue line & a 6'6" Rasmus Bodin up front? 

#50 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

no thanks to jay-bo... overpaid and overrated