• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/20 GDT : Wild 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

not a terrible game just no ability to finish on some real good opportunities and on the wrong end of the stick with the calls

1 disallowed goal, PK not the best but the Kronwall call should have only been a 2min high stick

if there was better reffing this one would have meant at least a point if not 2

nothing to be discouraged about watch how many people change their tune when the Wings beat the Ducks next game

Saying everything is cool and there is no need to worry is not a good idea. There is a lot to worry about. I'm just hoping the people in the glass office up high are seeing them too.

Just got back from the game at the bar.

Took a lot of s*** from Wild fans and my friends.

I will survive however I'm not happy. Could have dropped the gloves with some of them lol but didn't.

Having said that we were out played tonight by the Wild plain and simple no excuses.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Saying everything is cool and there is no need to worry is not a good idea. There is a lot to worry about. I'm just hoping the people in the glass office up high are seeing them too.

I fully agree with this, as fans we can say whatever we want the guys in charge though have to look at the big picture and get this team back into Stanley Cup contention over the next years, which weill not be an easy task.

I this point I really think it had to be the coaching. These players aren't as bad as they constantly play. It's not a negative against Babcock, but sometimes you just need change.

the chances were there, no one was putting the puck away even Datsyuk missed an open net just one of those games

Guest DeGraa55

I agree.

I guess what I was saying is I fully expected this. Were not a Stanley cup winning team. We are a team competing to barely make the playoffs. So when I say I'm not worried I'm confident we make the playoffs but we don't accomplish anything there.

Moves do need to be made.

@Russostrib: MT @tomreid20 Wild team bus broke down on way to airport. Players, coaches on media bus. W/ win over Detroit everyone happy. Lots of smiles

Begin childish rant\ I'd have rather they be stuck on the side of the road and have their balls freeze off/end childish rant

Another one of those games that we had the chances to score and win.... Defensive breakdowns and the usual lacksadasical play. No urgency...like the pistons during their last championship run years....waited till 4 th quarter and cranked it up for the win . Wings arent good enuff for that anymore and i think some of the older wings still Feel they are BUT the league has caught up to us after 15 years. That game was there for the taking and the wings didnt take it and the hungrier wild did. And what is up with the missed nets every game every shift!

Guest irishock

I this point I really think it had to be the coaching. These players aren't as bad as they constantly play. It's not a negative against Babcock, but sometimes you just need change.

I'd support firing Babcock only if Bowman wants to return to coaching

Ahhh that was a fun game to watch. Usually I hate to say I told you so to people but man.. I really nailed it on the head with the Parise/Suter signings and I think that based on what I saw from Detroit tonight, I was right about the western conf. playoff picture not including the motor city. I also should point out that the Wild don't play the trap (1-3-1) they play the 1-2-2. Same as most teams in the league. We are just very good at limiting a teams quality chances. Even if the refs got that call wrong, which I am not entirely sure Millers stick doesn't make contact with the puck as I was not on the ice and couldn't see what the ref saw, Backy gave it back to Miller there at the end. That was generous of him right?

Funny, I actually thought the Wings were the far better team tonight, they just couldn't finish.

Minnesota rode 2 terrible calls, and a hot goalie, while abusing a couple rookie defenceman on the few chances they were able to generate.

Its pretty ridiculous to try and assess a teams playoff hopes based on 1 game, I'm pretty sure both teams will make the playoffs and right now there is no team I'd rather the Wings face in rd 1 than Minnesota.