• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

Concerned - we might not make it in to the playoffs

Rate this topic

Sure we didn't have our full third line yet, but we had all season to try and fix it. It's not like Helmer n the 2 others have been back n forth. Its the same situation all season, and in this league to be successful you have to find solutions that may bestow you. Every team faces adversity/injuries...30 goals would have helped no doubt but the problem is bigger then just one line. You'r having players that are severely underachieving (cleary,quincey,smith,zetterberg,brunner,filppula) and the way we found ways to win games in previous years aren't happening anymore.

Sure we didn't have our full third line yet, but we had all season to try and fix it. It's not like Helmer n the 2 others have been back n forth. Its the same situation all season, and in this league to be successful you have to find solutions that may bestow you. Every team faces adversity/injuries...30 goals would have helped no doubt but the problem is bigger then just one line. You'r having players that are severely underachieving (cleary,quincey,smith,zetterberg,brunner,filppula) and the way we found ways to win games in previous years aren't happening anymore.

Why just mention Z and not Datsyuk? 4 goals or 3 points overall is the difference between severely underachieving and acceptable production?

And as someone pointed out in another thread compared to last season statistically they aren't really underachieving. Z's goalscoring average is down a bit but his overall production is slightly better. Cleary's goal scoring is up too relative to last season. And both those guys are always banged up and a year older. I wouldn't say Brunner is underachieving either. It's his first season in the NHL and they're playing games at a brutal schedule. 11 goals and 22 points is great considering. Flip's production is obviously way down, but it's looking like last season was an anomaly and not some breakthrough.

I agree with what Babcock said recently. Guys may have a an exceptional year or two but generally you know about where they're going to produce. And with this Wings lineup they just don't have a lot of scoring. That lack of scoring also gets compounded because without many offensive threats, defenses can key into the few ones that they have. Z, Dats, and Franzen.

Sammy and Bert being injured so long certainly didn't help. But if the team's success is tied that strongly to either one of those guys, it's a pretty good indication of the lack of scoring talent.

Everyone needs to have just a little more faith. They play "Don't stop believing" at the Joe, not "go ahead and lose all hope until we get ourselves into a more advantageous position in the standings"

To be fair, I don't think Journey would have been as successful with that song but you know what I mean.

It's not over until it's over. I'm gonna believe they'll make the playoffs until math tells me otherwise.

sad thing is we have not had a good streak going at all this year and i doubt we take the next 4 i think we got a shot at phx tonight but a back to back is not good and it will not be pretty if jimmy has to pay both which he wil prob wind up playing the rest of them with no time off so i think its safe to say sadly its over and il be experince something i havent since i was 8

sad thing is we have not had a good streak going at all this year and i doubt we take the next 4 i think we got a shot at phx tonight but a back to back is not good and it will not be pretty if jimmy has to pay both which he wil prob wind up playing the rest of them with no time off so i think its safe to say sadly its over and il be experince something i havent since i was 8

Actually, the Red Wings play outstanding when dealing with back-to-backs. They're like 7-2 in back-to-back games, FSD made note of this. The biggest problem is the first game after an extended road trip. It has everyone's number this season, including ours. I believe tonight's game will be the bigger of the two against LA/PHX. We tend to play better against contenders, compared to weaker opponents. Let's get this homestand started here boys, we need it.

Frankly, it doesn't matter how these numbers look in your mind. All that matters is how they appear on the standings.

As for the rest... it would have helped more than a little had we a 3rd line. This was taken from us, in its entirety, by injuries.

Yes, it does matter. It means that when you watch a game at the Joe, you're more likely to go home a loser.