• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Normally I am against line-swapping too but really Babs hands are tied here. He has tried almost everything this season and nothing seems to be working.

Playing Datsyuk and Zetterberg on one line= opponents are going to focus on that line because they know, other lines will be just that normal lines.

Seperate both = they have to carry each line by themselves so in the end less firepower but a more balanced lineup.

Looking at the state of this roster, there aren't many other  options for Babs right now. Other players have to step it up and provide some help to Z and D otherwhise the line-swapping will continue, because like I said Babs doesn't have a lot to work with.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#22 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Normally I am against line-swapping too but really Babs hands are tied here. He has tried almost everything this season and nothing seems to be working.

Playing Datsyuk and Zetterberg on one line= opponents are going to focus on that line because they know, other lines will be just that normal lines.

Seperate both = they have to carry each line by themselves so in the end less firepower but a more balanced lineup.

Looking at the state of this roster, there aren't many other  options for Babs right now. Other players have to step it up and provide some help to Z and D otherwhise the line-swapping will continue, because like I said Babs doesn't have a lot to work with.

Tatar proved that he could help the team with his goals, his moves and his hard work. Lashoff proved that he's able to play big minutes with Kronwall. Brunner worked well with Z and Franzen worked well with D. There's just no reason for Babs lineswapping.

Edited by poel, 21 April 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#23 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Z and Datsjuk need to be separated, otherwise this team will not be able to create offense over several lines. But Datjuk has to play with Franzen and Z has to play with Brunner. Otherwise the offense will not work, too. Z isn't a goal scorer and will never be one, so he needs snipers on his line who can score goals. I'd prefer Tatar and Brunner. Datsjuk needs someone who can create space, who wins the board battles and who can drive to the net. Abby is a guy for just 10min a game, so Datsjuk has to go with Franzen. That's the reason why other lines didn't work and it's also the reason why we're still fighting for a playoff spot. Remember the time when Quincey was injured and Lash played with Kronwall, Tatar was in the roster instead of Nyquist and Brunner played with Z. Wings won a lot of games and played very successfully. I really don't understand why Babs changed everything.
Also remember who the team stepped up after a terrible 1st period against the Flames when Babs reunite Datsjuk with Franzen and Z with Brunner. That's exactly what I say all the time. Even I blind can see it but Babcock's obviously too stubborn to admit that...

We are scoring one or 2 goals a game and losing. Does it matter at this point if our 2nd and 3rd lines are stinky?

#24 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

We are scoring one or 2 goals a game and losing. Does it matter at this point if our 2nd and 3rd lines are stinky?

Wings played more successfully at this time. That's what matters. It's just this terrible coaching style of Babs which brought us in trouble.

#25 jvxp

jvxp

Wings fan since the 80's !

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

I think part of it has been because of all the injuries. He has done to much of it with the healthy guys. I think it is time to send the kids down to G.R. and let them try to win an AHL Championship. Lets face it if the Wings get into the playoffs they are going out in the first round.

#26 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

My whole point in making this post, ladies? and gentleman, is that Mr. Babcock has not realized that his swapping has done absolutely nothing for him. Had he kept the lines the way they were, we could have ATLEAST had lines with better chemistry after 45 games are done. If Z and Brunner had kept playing, they could have had an amazing chemistry by now. If Dats and Franzen were kept together, they could have had a good chemistry by now. But none of that happened cuz he changes the lines up every damn game. I don't know why he doesn't just realize that swapping is not better than just sticking to it.

Tell me what the hell was the point of Zetterberg going to swiss and playing with brunner on EV Zug if babcock was just going to split them up? Nothing. If anything, we have now a Zetterberg whose running on fumes due to an extended season. While most players got a rest during the fall, Z was playing overseas, and now he's pretty much out of gas.

Edited by kickazz, 21 April 2013 - 11:28 AM.