• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Sigh.  I guess I guess I'll just defer to Babcock to decide which of the seemingly dozen fringe NHL defensemen we have on our squad will be the least cancerous to us and go with that guy.  I suppose it could be Lashoff.  White's right handed shot and experience SHOULD make him the favorite, but he also seems the most gaffe-prone out of the options.

Really bummed about about DeKe going down, though if you watched him in Gms 1 and 2, he was getting thrown around like a ragdoll out there.  He has great wheels and poise for a guy his age, but he's definitely more Bouwmeester than Chara out there.

He needs to put on some mass. This was evident to start.

#22 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

http://www.freep.com...RTS05/305030125

I really like this move. He seems like the next best option after Deke.

Edited by wingsfan4795, 03 May 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#23 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

He needs to put on some mass. This was evident to start.

No doubt getzlaf embarrassed him...

Kind of glad to see lash off but I thought it'd of been white. Guess babs really does hate white...

#24 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Good move played great against the ducks this year. Sandpaper to deal with the crap going on in front of Howard too

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,075 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I think Lashoff will replace what we lost in DeKeyser the best.  Both are shut-down defensman who can block a shot,  with smart outlet passes to boot.

The youth movement was coming sooner or later.  Why not embrace it fully?

#26 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

No doubt getzlaf embarrassed him...

Kind of glad to see lash off but I thought it'd of been white. Guess babs really does hate white...

Playing terribly and then whining about being out of the lineup is likely to place you in your coach's bad graces.

#27 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

I think Lashoff will replace what we lost in DeKeyser the best.  Both are shut-down defensman who can block a shot,  with smart outlet passes to boot.

The youth movement was coming sooner or later.  Why not embrace it fully?

Agreed. And no reason to give guys who are on their way out the experience. Give it to the up and comers.

#28 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

So this pretty much solidifies that White will NOT be re-signed next season and Coliaicovo more than likely will be one of the buyouts (if used.)  Our D is going to be green for awhile, but why not give them all a chance to grow together, eh?

Kronwall needs to step it up BIG TIM....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#29 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

This. But would choose Cola over Lashoff as our problems are not the defense but the pucktransition to and in the neutral zone. I think Cola would have helped that more. But Lashoff is fine too and I can see the big body argument.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

we beat anaheim 2/3 times in the regular season without DK, hopefully we can repeat that

#31 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

we beat anaheim 2/3 times in the regular season without DK, hopefully we can repeat that

Well our defense really wasn't the problem this year. Yes they made bone headed plays. But when you give up less than 3 goals a game. With all the youth movement and lines changing that's pretty good.

Our defense won't lose us this series. Its all about I'd we score or not.

#32 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Well our defense really wasn't the problem this year. Yes they made bone headed plays. But when you give up less than 3 goals a game. With all the youth movement and lines changing that's pretty good.

Our defense won't lose us this series. Its all about I'd we score or not.

we have playoff mule, 3rd line is really heating up, fourth line looks great, and we have probably one of the best first lines in the league, so scoring will come

#33 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

This. But would choose Cola over Lashoff as our problems are not the defense but the pucktransition to and in the neutral zone. I think Cola would have helped that more. But Lashoff is fine too and I can see the big body argument.

Lashoff makes a good first pass.

#34 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Lashoff makes a good first pass.

No way in the world is Lashoff close to Cola's offensive ability. I'm alright with the decision as I would have picked Lashoff too, but Cola is a pretty good point producing defenseman when he plays. This move was probably made based on Lashoff being more game ready then anything.

#35 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

No way in the world is Lashoff close to Cola's offensive ability. I'm alright with the decision as I would have picked Lashoff too, but Cola is a pretty good point producing defenseman when he plays. This move was probably made based on Lashoff being more game ready then anything.

Sure, but the team needs a big, physical defenseman more than a smaller, puck-moving guy.

#36 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Even though Lashoff was out of position on the one goal, this was the right move. neither white nor Cola are in our long term plans. Lashoff is. ge this first game out of the way. pop his playoff cherry so he is ready down the line.