• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingOvertime

Dan Cleary Watch

Rate this topic

Probably because he's not as bad as a lot of people here make him out to be.

He put up 9 goals and 15 points in 48 games and 10 points in 14 playoff games. There's no questioning his compete level, toughness and heart. That can still help a lot of teams. It's just a matter of his health and what role you want him to play.

This.

If the price is right I wouldn't mind him back. But anything over like 2.5 mil would be an over payment imo.

I get everyone's frustrations with the guy, and I enjoy making fun of him thoroughly as well, but at the right price, he's an asset to a team making a push. Experience is worth something, and he brings plenty. At the right price, I still think this is a good deal for the Wings or any team. $3 million over 3 years though, what he was supposedly being offered by the Wings or wanting, is TOTALLY BATs*** INSANE though, just to be clear. But I'd love to sign Cleary for a million, million and a half for a year or two, so long as he was cool taking a lesser role throughout the season. Judging by how much time he spends out on his knees on the ice, I'm sure his body could use a limited role with more games off.

Holland said he's still trying to sign Cleary but Brunner is moving on.

Wow...Considering Cleary is asking for 3M and Brunner is asking for 2.5M i just don't understand this. The only thing I can think is another team offered Brunner more than he was asking. But if that is the case, then why hasn't he signed with anyone yet?

I get everyone's frustrations with the guy, and I enjoy making fun of him thoroughly as well, but at the right price, he's an asset to a team making a push. Experience is worth something, and he brings plenty. At the right price, I still think this is a good deal for the Wings or any team. $3 million over 3 years though, what he was supposedly being offered by the Wings or wanting, is TOTALLY BATs*** INSANE though, just to be clear. But I'd love to sign Cleary for a million, million and a half for a year or two, so long as he was cool taking a lesser role throughout the season. Judging by how much time he spends out on his knees on the ice, I'm sure his body could use a limited role with more games off.

With what cap space? And what space on the roster? As it is they need to sign 3 RFAs and have 16 forwards.

Wow...Considering Cleary is asking for 3M and Brunner is asking for 2.5M i just don't understand this. The only thing I can think is another team offered Brunner more than he was asking. But if that is the case, then why hasn't he signed with anyone yet?

Those numbers are entirely speculative.

With what cap space? And what space on the roster? As it is they need to sign 3 RFAs and have 16 forwards.

Oh, I didn't say that I think it's a reasonable possibility at this point or I know how it might work. I'm just saying that there are some who are undervaluing what he could bring to the table at the right price. Some seem to regard him as a useless player at this point, and I just don't see that as the case. I wouldn't want him at anything close to what he's making currently, and the older he gets, the more it's a gamble to give him that money. But if he were willing to accept that lesser role I mentioned for a lot less money, he'd be a great asset on a lot of teams, including the Wings.

Guest The Axe

Cleary should go work at Taco Bell.

Babcock would be making border runs non-stop!