• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_wingnut

Winter classic tickets

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I have just received a email from leafs nation saying that I have won the ballot draw and I am entitled to purchase 4 tickets to the winter classic!!!! After jumping up and down with excitement I had a look at the terms and conditions and it says you must be a resident of Ontario to purchase tickets :( Is there anyway I can get around this without moving to Ontario?

I have been a die hard wings fan for 10 years now and have only had the chance to see them play in Stockholm, attending the winter classic would be a dream come true for me and my wife. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated

My wife has a friend who lives in Windsor would she be able to purchase them for us? it might sound silly but they wont ask for proof of residence on the day will they?

nope, you can just say at that point you bought them online. Your wifes friend should have no problem purchasing them for you, it's the same thing I do when someone on ebay only ships to the U.S. I just use a family members address

Hi guys,

I have just received a email from leafs nation saying that I have won the ballot draw and I am entitled to purchase 4 tickets to the winter classic!!!! After jumping up and down with excitement I had a look at the terms and conditions and it says you must be a resident of Ontario to purchase tickets :( Is there anyway I can get around this without moving to Ontario?

I have been a die hard wings fan for 10 years now and have only had the chance to see them play in Stockholm, attending the winter classic would be a dream come true for me and my wife. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated

Where does it say that? I bought some through the Leafs (live in Michigan) and there doesn't seem to be any problem. Now I just want to make sure that I'll be receiving my tickets haha.

Thanks for the advice guys I managed to get 4 tickets to the OHL, Alumni and Winter classic games :yahoo: so me my wife and two mates are coming to Detroit :yahoo::nhl:

We`ll be landing in Chicago on the 26th and staying for 2 nights then driving to Detroit for the next 5 nights, can anyone recommend where I should be looking for a hotel that`s near the games?

Also where is the best night life going to be? I`ve only been to Detroit once so I know where the Joe, hockey town cafe and ford field are but that`s it .

Guest The Axe

Thanks for the advice guys I managed to get 4 tickets to the OHL, Alumni and Winter classic games :yahoo: so me my wife and two mates are coming to Detroit :yahoo::nhl:

We`ll be landing in Chicago on the 26th and staying for 2 nights then driving to Detroit for the next 5 nights, can anyone recommend where I should be looking for a hotel that`s near the games?

Also where is the best night life going to be? I`ve only been to Detroit once so I know where the Joe, hockey town cafe and ford field are but that`s it .

Congrats.

Make sure you set aside a few hours to walk around Michigan's campus. Its very cool.

Well.....Your problem is.....You went thru the Toronto Maple Leafs, and not the Detroit Red Wings :nono:

:lol:

Wings fans taking seats from the theoretical pool of Leafs fans' seats? Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but seeing as I'm in a very similar boat as the thread starter (regarding Winter Classic Tickets) I didn't see the point in starting a new thread with the same title (Mods, if that's better; tell me and I will):

I've been a Wings fan since about '93 - '94 (got to know the NHL through NHL Hockey games, then for real shortly after) living in Norway and only got to see them play in Stockholm in 2009.

I don't want to miss the Winter Classic and especially the Alumni games.

The ticket mess just have me real confused and don't know what to trust; I want one ticket for all 10 games and 6 events if possible and found this site: http://shop.globaleventforum.com/iprotour/buy1.asp?action=NEW&ProgramID=PP101799

Does anyone have any experience with GlobalEvents from past events? Is it legit or fraud?

And are the seats for the GLI, OHL and AHL games good, the other two I have overview pictures of; looking to buy the section 22 upgrade for the Winter Classic game in the link; looks good to me, if anyone has experience with previous WC's and think that's is bad don't hesitate to warn me :)

Also; I was thinking of trying private accomodations (bed and breakfast type of thing, not unlike couchsurfing only organized); and found a good one in Selden Street.
Is that a good neighborhood (no prejudice, just don't know what to think of areas and possible bad places), I don't have a drivers license so are taxi's better than buses, or bicycling for that matter?

Not sure what is most tourist friendly.

Greatly appreciate any help and pointers I can get.

Kind regards.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by Blazer

Anyone else get the winter classic ticket e-mail yesterday?

Basically, had a two hour time frame to buy tickets for the game yesterday. Picked up two good seats for $500 for the pair. Seemed crazy expensive until I hit up stubhub after and saw equivalent tickets were going for around $600 PER ticket.

Anyway, finally locked in!