• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

Report: Cleary to sign with PHI, 3 yrs, $2.75m/yr, NTC

Rate this topic

Have you seen me disagree with this?

That's a bit harsh. I'm mostly worried about whom he's going to replace.

Hopefully it's a contract that can be buried easily in the minors if need be.

You know I would normally say that's a bit harsh but I am dead serious. Any GM that feels Cleary is a productive member of a SC team obviously has lost it and should no longer have control, and any coach who would play such a useless player on the top 2 lines or even dress him should no longer be leading a team. What's next Cleary to play on the Olympic team too?

Guest Hatethedrake!

How about this:

I'm happy if anything just to see the ungrateful Wings fans here implode. :lol: Welcome back Danny Boy! :clap:

How about this:

While the Wings still have plenty of room to sign him now since they can go over the cap in pre-season, I still think there has to be a trade on the way very soon. Just hope this move doesn't cost the Wings one of their more valuable assets, yes like a Tatar who holds much more trade value than a Bert, Sammy, Eaves, or Tootoo.

Edited by ogreslayer

How about we wait and see the terms of the contract before blowing up? Maybe its a try out deal and he can get sent to the minors when he gets beat out for a job in Detroit. I mean he could still get waived or we could trade someone else like Bert or Sammy. Still too early to freak out, either way, whether you like Cleary or not.

How about we wait and see the terms of the contract before blowing up? Maybe its a try out deal and he can get sent to the minors when he gets beat out for a job in Detroit. I mean he could still get waived or we could trade someone else like Bert or Sammy. Still too early to freak out, either way, whether you like Cleary or not.

you are right. the contract is obviously one of the more important things. i think most people would be accepting of a 1 year deal at a reasonable salary. but if they are offering anywhere close to what the philly deal was rumored to be, then i think you will see a lot of very upset fans.

then as you mention the other X factor is potential moves. personally, i just dont see a lot of opportunity to move players. thats one of the reasons i have been against the signing. if we had player that had a high chance of getting moved for decent assets in return, then go for it. but i worry we are stuck with cleary, sammy, and bert. and i just think having all 3 of them on the roster makes us a weaker team.

He's not back with the Wings.

Those of you who are panicking should note that the Wings would still need to clear three roster spots and 2.5m of cap space. I doubt it will happen.

Why is it you've always exaggerated what is said in these articles? Holland said he can play on those lines, not that he necessarily will. If you'd read the article, you'd see that he also said Cleary could play on the third or fourth lines.

And that's exactly what I was referring to. Are you actually agreeing with Holland's sentiment that Cleary even CAN play on the 1st or 2nd lines?

If the Red Wings want Cleary back this bad, he must be doing a fantastic job behind the scenes in terms of mentoring and leadership. If he's playing a condensed role, I am all for keeping him. In fact, I would rather have him than Sammy and Bert. I am very excited to see the young kids play this year, and I'm hoping that Cleary's role wont cause them to get sent down.

Edited by Danielsm

Well it looks like Cleary is re-signing with the Wings. I'm trying to help actually. I have been reading for 3 years now how useless Dan Cleary is to the Red Wings. Obviously Holland and Babcock do not agree with this as it looks like Cleary is a Red Wing once again. I just see so much hate for the guy that I thought maybe the Cleary haters should not watch the Red Wings this season. I don't want anyone dying of a heart attack or a stroke. Your logic makes no sense. Hate a player just because it's the popular thing to do. That's what this has become with Dan Cleary. There is no way his play warrants this much hatred. It's ridiculous really. Just don't watch the Red Wings anymore. Seriously. If it BOTHERS you that much.

You know everyone has a right to their opinion. You know ppl are going to watch. They are just going to cringe every time he hits the ice or be pissed if we get rid of players that should be on the team and his lame ass has taken that player's roster spot.

Btw PUKE as far as this signing!

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Guest Crymson

And that's exactly what I was referring to. Are you actually agreeing with Holland's sentiment that Cleary even CAN play on the 1st or 2nd lines?

He can play a barely passable role on the 1st or 2nd line. He'll suck, but he won't be a disaster.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Throwing out stupid ideas doesn't help.Maybe Cleary gets all this hate for a reason. Maybe in fact people hate him because he in fact sucks and not because it's popular. Look you are obviously an idiot and I really have no desire to debate with an unarmed man.

I believe you have the market cornered on 'stupid'. I think it's the same group of posters (yourself included) that keep repeating their hatred for Cleary ad nauseum. Which is why it likely seems he is getting so much hatred on this board. You're the idiot here. All you have to do is keep posting to prove that. LOL

You know everyone has a right to their opinion. You know ppl are going to watch. They are just going to cringe every time he hits the ice or be pissed if we get rid of players that should be on the team and his lame ass has taken that player's roster spot.

Btw PUKE as far as this signing!

You're right. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Except for me right? Because I like Dan Cleary and am happy he is still a Red Wing. Yeah right. LOL

What are you guys doing? Fighting cavities?

Quit the bickering before this whole thread gets scrapped, just like the last one.

This. Petty name calling and personal attacks have no place in this thread. So consider yourselves warned. Future attacks in posts ("you're an idiot", etc) will be deleted without notice, and disciplinary action can be taken against the offending user.

If you don't like Cleary's potential return, that's fine. Make your argument against it. Discuss the merits or drawbacks to the deal. But do so without calling those of the opposite viewpoint names.