• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Samuelsson - is there any WAY in hell we can get rid of this guy? whos

Rate this topic

tatar will probably pay the price as well and not last here long , was signing someone like drew miller to 3 long years really necessary?? we all knew samuelssons return was a huge mistake at the time

that being said im not against cleary coming back for one year but since he signing 1 year its all but sure he will resign next year for another 2-3 yrs... we got a ton of young players with big potential ready in 1-2 yrs and its about time we blend some in

Not put them all in at the same time or trade them away to keep the oldies around who are expendable

How so?

If Tatar out competes Cleary/Samuelsson and other wings he will end up playing over them. He'll have to earn it, but Babs is pretty fair. He's not going to last long here bc Sammys on the team? What? Makes no sense.

I'm sure Cleary will be re-signed after this season, but unless they play there butts off Sammy won't, Alfredsson won't, Bertuzzi won't, Eaves won't, and Emmerton won't. So I fail to see the issue. There should be plenty of forward space to work with next off-season.

Sammy, waive your NTC or play in Toledo might be convincing if LTIR doesn't work. Then send him anywhere for "future considerations", say, a buck a la the Kris Draper acquisition or a conditional seventh round pick if the destination team wins the cup.

How so?

If Tatar out competes Cleary/Samuelsson and other wings he will end up playing over them. He'll have to earn it, but Babs is pretty fair. He's not going to last long here bc Sammys on the team? What? Makes no sense.

I'm sure Cleary will be re-signed after this season, but unless they play there butts off Sammy won't, Alfredsson won't, Bertuzzi won't, Eaves won't, and Emmerton won't. So I fail to see the issue. There should be plenty of forward space to work with next off-season.

because detroit is loyal to there veterans ... do you honestly think he will get more ice time than cleary??babcock loves him...and forget next off season how about this one?? its like were purposefully waiting to give the kids some ice time until they got no choice i dont know about you but id rather bring in a few guys every year and getting them experience instead of bringing in 4-5 rookies in one shot which is likely where were headed at in 2 yrs

as for alfredsson i think hes gonna have such a good time he will come back for a 2nd year(just my opinion)

tatar just got mvp in a calder cup run he should get playing time but i fear he will get around 40 games and play 4th line minutes or be dealt eventually

anyways we'll see what happens i guess

this off season has been mediocre to bad for Holland.

Huh?

Aside from the Cleary signing, how so exactly? (and honestly, if we weren't strapped for roster spots, we'd all mostly be good with that)

And keep in mind Sammy has nothing to do with this off season, that was last off seasons f-up.

Edited by sleepwalker

because detroit is loyal to there veterans ... do you honestly think he will get more ice time than cleary??babcock loves him...and forget next off season how about this one?? its like were purposefully waiting to give the kids some ice time until they got no choice i dont know about you but id rather bring in a few guys every year and getting them experience instead of bringing in 4-5 rookies in one shot which is likely where were headed at in 2 yrs

as for alfredsson i think hes gonna have such a good time he will come back for a 2nd year(just my opinion)

tatar just got mvp in a calder cup run he should get playing time but i fear he will get around 40 games and play 4th line minutes or be dealt eventually

anyways we'll see what happens i guess

Huh?

You have no idea how, or how much, Tatar will play. Simple as that.

In regards to Samuelsson, contrary to belief, management never even considered or approached him about a compulsory buyout. In other words, unless he gets reinjured, you can pretty much guarantee you'll see him i the lineup on day 1 of the season.

In regards to Samuelsson, contrary to belief, management never even considered or approached him about a compulsory buyout.

But is that because they didn't want to buy him out or because Sammys agent told them he was claiming injured and would contest any buyout attempts?

Guest Playmaker

tatar will probably pay the price as well and not last here long , was signing someone like drew miller to 3 long years really necessary?? we all knew samuelssons return was a huge mistake at the time

that being said im not against cleary coming back for one year but since he signing 1 year its all but sure he will resign next year for another 2-3 yrs... we got a ton of young players with big potential ready in 1-2 yrs and its about time we blend some in

Not put them all in at the same time or trade them away to keep the oldies around who are expendable

I agree about Drew Miller. I had an issue at the time with it also. It just made no sense given our cap an roster situation, especially when we already had Eaves locked up this season for like 800k and they are pretty much one in the same.