• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/25 Pre-Season GDT : Penguins 5 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

You've gotta be kidding me.

This genuinely pisses me off, for some reason.

You know what it is? I mean, beyond the obvious fact that the lineup sucks and we're probably going to get the lit the f*** up?

The Penguins are garbage right now. Sure, they've won a couple, but anyone who's seen them play and read what they've been saying knows they're in a bad place, which is approximately right where they were at the end of the ECF. Heads in hands, tails between legs, lips quivering, faces scrunched (ok, those last two are just Crosby).

So what does Bylsma do? Bylsma, being a good (if stubborn and predictable) coach, decides to trot out the "real" roster. Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, et al. They'll blow some team out of the water and feel a whole lot better about themselves, which'll give them some much-needed momentum, something to really build on, etc. etc. etc.

And we're (probably) gonna be the ones to give them that win.

I know, I know, it's just the preseason. I just really, really hate the Penguins, and the fact that we're so. freaking. injury-prone/fragile.

I'm hoping their roster will, like ours, magically not be stacked.

You know what it is? I mean, beyond the obvious fact that the lineup sucks and we're probably going to get the lit the f*** up?

The Penguins are garbage right now. Sure, they've won a couple, but anyone who's seen them play and read what they've been saying knows they're in a bad place, which is approximately right where they were at the end of the ECF. Heads in hands, tails between legs, lips quivering, faces scrunched (ok, those last two are just Crosby).

So what does Bylsma do? Bylsma, being a good (if stubborn and predictable) coach, decides to trot out the "real" roster. Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Letang, et al. They'll blow some team out of the water and feel a whole lot better about themselves, which'll give them some much-needed momentum, something to really build on, etc. etc. etc.

I know, I know, it's just the preseason. I just really, really hate the Penguins, and the fact that we're so. freaking. injury-prone/fragile.

I'm hoping their roster will, like ours, magically not be stacked.

Or it is lose lose for them... Either they beat an team for of kids, or they lose to a team full of kids... Not a huge boost in my opinion

Hey now, a win is never a loss. I know what you're saying, though. Thing is, they're so messed up right now that a victory over a crappy Wings roster would be big for them - or, at least, that's what they'd make it out to be in their minds. If it gets them going, it hardly matters if it's right or wrong.

I guess I'm being overly dramatic, or watever. It's just, again, I hate the Penguins and our injuries curse.

Edited by Dabura

Any idea on the pens lineup?

Malkin-Crosby-Neal

Letang-Martin

Fleury

They'll have to trade 1 of them to become cap compliant :lol:

Me too! What's that all about? I was really looking forward to seeing something resembling our actual line combos...

Lots of extra pre-season ice time for line 2....Tatar-Andy-Nyquist. :ok:

Hey now, a win is never a loss. I know what you're saying, though. Thing is, they're so messed up right now that a victory over a crappy Wings roster would be big for them - or, at least, that's what they'd make it out to be in their minds. If it gets them going, it hardly matters if it's right or wrong.

I guess I'm being overly dramatic, or watever. It's just, again, I hate the Penguins and our injuries curse.

I can see the headlines now, pens blow out the mighty wings 3-1 all because of Crosby who had 1 assist

Maybe that's why Babcock decided to switch up the lineup, just to mess with them knowing this was their thinking. Now if they win, its like "you beat a bunch of kids, big deal" and if they lose it stings them twice as bad. Plus we rest our top guys.

Or maybe Babs saw that the Pens were putting all their top guys in, and decided to pull his top guys out as a little psychological slap in the face..like "you guys are sucking so bad, I don't even have to play any of our stars to whoop on you, so we'll just put the kids in instead"

Who knows...

LOL

...meanwhile, in the world of the Pens fans, they're probably saying that we're so scared of Sidney that we pulled all of our good players so that they wouldn't have to face defeat and we could use the "you just beat the kids, not the real team" excuse.

Ah, delusion.

GDT's. My drug of choice. How I missed thee.

I love the s***sburgh lineup and I love that we scratched a few "regs" to let the young guns experience "The Best" that the league has to offer. Maybe (hopefully), the young guys will experience some "Crysbyness" and develop a bad taste in their mouths for s***sburgh for when they become our regs. Look at our scratches, they are guys who already have that nasty taste in their mouths.

If crysby goes all out leader, the only way he knows how to, to right his ship, then - mission accomplished!

LGW!!!

Johan Franzen-Stephen Weiss-Justin Abdelkader

Gustav Nyquist-Joakim Andersson-Tomas Tatar

Daniel Cleary-Riley Sheahan-Todd Bertuzzi

Drew Miller-Cory Emmerton-Mikael Samuelsson

Kyle Quincey-Brendan Smith

Danny DeKeyser-Xavier Ouellet

Adam Almquist-Brian Lashoff

Petr Mrazek (full game)

I would call this testing the "Worst Case Injury Scenario" plus it gives us a look at how our younger guys play against a full penguins line up.

- Get to see Nyquist and Tatar as a Top 6 against a legit Penguins Top 6. Tatar show!

- Ouellet was raved upon by Babcock and it allows us to determine our first call-up when we get injuries on Defense. I hope its Sproul or Ouellet

- Mrazek should be awesome to see against the Penguins without anything on the line it prepares him for back-up while Gus does Yoga to fix his groin

Edited by TripleS

That "1st line" could happen if Babs moves Alfie up with Z and Pav, so will be interesting to see how it works. So far Weiss haven't really shown me much, but I've only seen him in 1 preseason game.

Otherwise Oullet is the guy I'll be keeping a close eye on.

GCL appears to have the watch option now for subscribers without having to pull any shanahanigans, FYI...

Edit: when is puck drop? It's already quarter after geez don't these people understand WE WANT TO WATCH HOCKEY?!

Edit 2: apparently the game is at 7:30, not 7:00. This derp has been herped to you by the Nershverlle Perds. Carry on.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke