• Please log in to reply
590 replies to this topic

#41 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Given how everybody is playing right now, who do you scratch to get him back in the lineup though?

No, I know. The defensive corps is looking pretty good right now. It's not that I think someone is playing bad enough to be taken out in Smith's place. I just hope he can get worked back in.

Smith has the potential to be a better version of Quincey or Kindl, though it hasn't looked like it lately. But he needs to get back out there to ever find out. I could see him taking Lashoff's spot if he stumbles.

Smith will get back in but right now Lashoff is actually playing surprisingly well and Smith was off to a rough start. Hopefully this motivates him to be better when he gets back in the line-up. 

There is also the possibility that he's one of the guys potentially moved out to clear cap and roster space.

Agreed.

I haven't seen every game but the ones of Smith I did see, his problems didn't even seem so much bad decision making as he just looked bad on his skates. Like he was flailing around or something. Easily pushed around, off balance. It's strange.

#42 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Agreed.

I haven't seen every game but the ones of Smith I did see, his problems didn't even seem so much bad decision making as he just looked bad on his skates. Like he was flailing around or something. Easily pushed around, off balance. It's strange.

Also agreed. Except, I think it was more bad decisions than anything else. But maybe that's why I'm not the head coach.

I'd be really surprised if Holland traded Smith.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#43 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

No, I know. The defensive corps is looking pretty good right now. It's not that I think someone is playing bad enough to be taken out in Smith's place. I just hope he can get worked back in.

Smith has the potential to be a better version of Quincey or Kindl, though it hasn't looked like it lately. But he needs to get back out there to ever find out. I could see him taking Lashoff's spot if he stumbles.

Agreed.

I agree with this, provided he maxes out his potential.  There are a few things though that I think he could do to really improve his game so far.  In the d-zone he tends to puck watch and loses his man, and then he's caught running around trying to catch up.  He's really got to work on staying in his spot and not drifting toward the puck.  Offensively, he doesn't seem to respond very well to pressure from the forecheck.  When pressured, he'll make bad passes.  I'd like to see him use his skating ability (his best asset) to relieve that pressure before he passes.  A couple of strides before the pass would help a lot in that regard.  Finally, until he's got the experience and comfort level he needs to jump into the play safely, he should only rush to a point.  I don't want to see him completely stop his jumps, but he typically ends up way too low for his own good.  Until he's got a better grip on when and where he can do it safely I'd prefer he pull up and get back into position before he reaches the dots.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#44 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Should be a good test tonight. Glad I can watch this one!!

Let's Go Wings!!!

#45 Naps137

Naps137

Dekes of a Datsyukian Nature

• 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

3-2 Wings in OT.

ftdd.png

"I only want Detroit. I want to start and finish with one team. This team. Detroit." -Pavel Datsyuk

#46 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Little more insight

http://www.kansascit...t-colorado.html

""It's not something I'm looking at. To be truthful, I'm not really excited about the record. I'm excited about how our team is winning, and any problems we can fix on Thursday (against Detroit)," Roy said.

Tremblay took over head coaching duties for the Montreal Canadiens six games into the 1995-96 campaign and won his first six contests. His No. 1 goaltender to begin his tenure with the Habs was Roy, though the two had a strained relationship.

It came to a head on Dec. 2, 1995, when Tremblay left Roy in net for nine goals in an 11-1 loss to the Red Wings. Roy was finally pulled in the second period and stormed past Tremblay on the bench. He was traded to Colorado four days after the incident and won a pair of Stanley Cups with the Avalanche.

Now Roy will get a chance to match Tremblay's mark against those same Red Wings, long a rival of the Avalanche. Detroit won all three meetings last season and has won seven of the previous 10 encounters overall."

Full circle stuff. Love it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#47 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Definitely the most anticipated matchup of the season so far for me (given the 6-0 start under Patty).

What concerns me most is those lucky bounces,posts,and blocked shots from Weiss sitting on his backside that kept monster in previous games will only keep happening for so long. His lateral movement needs improving IMO but hes been relatively solid nonetheless.

Were gonna need our PK and PP to cash in and id like to see a hustle out of Francine, aswell as the 4th line given the Avs speed. Our D has been good, just has to minimalize the turnovers in our zone.

All in all, If we see the team we saw agsinst Boston game one, were cooked, if we see the team we saw against Boston game 2 were in for a win.

Opinions?

Edited by RedWang, 17 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#48 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Definitely the most anticipated matchup of the season so far for me (given the 6-0 start under Patty).

What concerns me most is those lucky bounces,posts,and blocked shots from Weiss sitting on his backside that kept monster in previous games will only keep happening for so long. His lateral movement needs improving IMO but hes been relatively solid nonetheless.

Were gonna need our PK and PP to cash in and id like to see a hustle out of Francine, aswell as the 4th line given the Avs speed. Our D has been good, just has to minimalize the turnovers in our zone.

All in all, If we see the team we saw agsinst Boston game one, were cooked, if we aee the team we saw against Boston game 2 were in for a win.

Opinions on my first long post gentleman?

Yeah, the Wings wear red and white.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#49 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, the Wings wear red and white.

....you.

#50 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Interesting: I haven't seen or heard anything about Lemieux-on-Draper in the press, media...anywhere. I guess people sorta forget (or don't want to mention?) that that's really where it all began, what fueled the hatred.

So Gusty's in net tonight?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#51 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Interesting: I haven't seen or heard anything about Lemieux-on-Draper in the press, media...anywhere. I guess people sorta forget (or don't want to mention?) that that's really where it all began, what fueled the hatred.

So Gusty's in net tonight?

That's because nothing ever happened between the two.  Darren McCarty and Stu Grimson's presence deterred Lemieux from taking any liberties whatsoever. 

Yeah, I went there.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#52 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

OK, maybe I just haven't read enough.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#53 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

please

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#54 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

I sure would like to see the Wings score enough to make Roy have a sh*t fit over some innocuous happening.  Watching him act like a jackass in the face of defeat is one of the only truly enjoyable things I've got in my life.

#55 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Anybody got a steam? Mine are tapped out at the moment.

#56 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

If someone could Please post Osgoods interview with Roy. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5-2 good guys!!!
GO WINGS!!!
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#57 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

That interview was cool.
If they got everyone in those brawls together for a boxing match, I'd pay to see it.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 17 October 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#58 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

toughest one in my opinion tonight 3-2 Wings

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#59 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

That's because nothing ever happened between the two.  Darren McCarty and Stu Grimson's presence deterred Lemieux from taking any liberties whatsoever. 

Yeah, I went there.

It happened between McCarty and Lemieux and I'll never forget it. Lemieux stood his ground which was quite surprising. Still dislike him to the day but still Lemieux went toe to toe with Darren... November 11th, 1997 

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 17 October 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#60 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

LGRW!!!

It happened between McCarty and Lemieux and I'll never forget it. Lemieux stood his ground which was quite surprising. Still dislike him to the day but still Lemieux went toe to toe with Darren... November 11th, 1997 

Wasn't it in March?

Oh wait, I think you're talking about a different time. (?)

No Redmond?

Don't Toews me, bro!