#21 Smite

Smite

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

good article on Bert jr.

http://www.todayssla...tyler-bertuzzi/

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#22 Smite

Smite

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

Red Wings Prospects ‏@DRWProspects  27m

Bertuzzi hit 40 goals last night, tied for 1st in the OHL. With 13 games to go, he's on pace to hit 50 goals & 100 points. #RedWings

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#23 krsmith17

krsmith17

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

I'm really starting to think that Bertuzzi may have it in him to become more than a 4th line grinder. Chances are, he'll never become a top 6 forward at the NHL level, but a really good bottom 6 guy is very likely.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch many of his games this season, I'm pretty sure I only caught one at the beginning of the season... I watched about a dozen last year and I really liked what I seen, and by the sounds of things and the highlights that I've caught, he is becoming that much more of a dynamic player in the past 6 months. I'm definitely going to make a point to watch a Guelph game or two over the next couple weeks to see how much he has grown.

He is currently ranked 7th in the league with 84 points (40 goals, 44 assists) and 1st on his team, 27 points ahead of the teams second highest point producer...

#24 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

Haven't seen Richdg comment in this thread in a while.

Big fat crow waiting for him...  :lol:

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#25 Smite

Smite

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

I'm really starting to think that Bertuzzi may have it in him to become more than a 4th line grinder. Chances are, he'll never become a top 6 forward at the NHL level, but a really good bottom 6 guy is very likely.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch many of his games this season, I'm pretty sure I only caught one at the beginning of the season... I watched about a dozen last year and I really liked what I seen, and by the sounds of things and the highlights that I've caught, he is becoming that much more of a dynamic player in the past 6 months. I'm definitely going to make a point to watch a Guelph game or two over the next couple weeks to see how much he has grown.

He is currently ranked 7th in the league with 84 points (40 goals, 44 assists) and 1st on his team, 27 points ahead of the teams second highest point producer...

I am going to see him play next month in Kitchener. I saw him in his first season with Guelph, it will be interesting to see how his game has changed.