• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

Tyler Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

A lot of people were really puzzled by the Wings using their extra 2nd round pick in the draft on him this season but the Wings scouts have to be feeling good about themselves right now.

He's grown from 5'9 155lbs to 6'1 187 lbs, and is 1 point from equalling last years scoring #'s in 28 fewer games.

On top of that he's also been winning fights this season.

It helps that the Storm are a powerhouse offensively, but those are still awfully good numbers for a guy we're hoping can be a good 3rd or 4th line pest.

A lot of people were really puzzled by the Wings using their extra 2nd round pick in the draft on him this season but the Wings scouts have to be feeling good about themselves right now.

He's grown from 5'9 155lbs to 6'1 187 lbs, and is 1 point from equalling last years scoring #'s in 28 fewer games.

On top of that he's also been winning fights this season.

It helps that the Storm are a powerhouse offensively, but those are still awfully good numbers for a guy we're hoping can be a good 3rd or 4th line pest.

4 inches and 32 lbs? I want what he's having! This is exciting to hear!

Ever since Bertuzzi was drafted 58th overall in 2013, he has been proving that he is more than just an agitator. He has put up spectacular numbers since coming back from that scary neck / spinal injury last season. Last year he put up 51 points in 47 (regular season and playoff) games, along the way winning the J. Ross Robertson Cup (OHL Champions) and then went on to the Memorial Cup Finals, scoring 5 goals in 4 games. He has improved on those numbers so far this season, putting up 23 points in 17 games, helped by his 7 point performance yesterday in a 9-4 win over the London Knights, where he racked up 2 goals and 5 assists. Of course I don't expect much more than a 3rd / 4th liner out of this guy but he could be a great one for a team that lacks grit. I'd love to see a 4th line of Bertuzzi - Glendening - Callahan in a few years, they would drive the opposition insane...

My guess about drafting Lil Tuzzi at this point is that the wings probably got an early glance at him because Todd was on the team, and they liked what they saw. I'm betting it had nothing to do with the name on the jersey and everything to do with having the inside track on a good prospect.

My guess about drafting Lil Tuzzi at this point is that the wings probably got an early glance at him because Todd was on the team, and they liked what they saw. I'm betting it had nothing to do with the name on the jersey and everything to do with having the inside track on a good prospect.

That sounds about right.

But he has looked good ever since...

I'm really starting to think that Bertuzzi may have it in him to become more than a 4th line grinder. Chances are, he'll never become a top 6 forward at the NHL level, but a really good bottom 6 guy is very likely.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch many of his games this season, I'm pretty sure I only caught one at the beginning of the season... I watched about a dozen last year and I really liked what I seen, and by the sounds of things and the highlights that I've caught, he is becoming that much more of a dynamic player in the past 6 months. I'm definitely going to make a point to watch a Guelph game or two over the next couple weeks to see how much he has grown.

He is currently ranked 7th in the league with 84 points (40 goals, 44 assists) and 1st on his team, 27 points ahead of the teams second highest point producer...

I'm really starting to think that Bertuzzi may have it in him to become more than a 4th line grinder. Chances are, he'll never become a top 6 forward at the NHL level, but a really good bottom 6 guy is very likely.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch many of his games this season, I'm pretty sure I only caught one at the beginning of the season... I watched about a dozen last year and I really liked what I seen, and by the sounds of things and the highlights that I've caught, he is becoming that much more of a dynamic player in the past 6 months. I'm definitely going to make a point to watch a Guelph game or two over the next couple weeks to see how much he has grown.

He is currently ranked 7th in the league with 84 points (40 goals, 44 assists) and 1st on his team, 27 points ahead of the teams second highest point producer...

I am going to see him play next month in Kitchener. I saw him in his first season with Guelph, it will be interesting to see how his game has changed.