• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

2014-2015 NHL salary cap projection

Rate this topic

I think we're going to struggle to re-sign Monster. As someone else pointed out Mrazek is only waiver exempt for one more season, so we're unlikely to offer Monster more than 1 year. With the way he's played this year, someone is bound to offer him a multi-year deal - either a team with really sucky goaltending, or a contender looking for a realgud backup.

I think we're going to struggle to re-sign Monster. As someone else pointed out Mrazek is only waiver exempt for one more season, so we're unlikely to offer Monster more than 1 year. With the way he's played this year, someone is bound to offer him a multi-year deal - either a team with really sucky goaltending, or a contender looking for a realgud backup.

Assuming that Gus continues his strong play, and even though I'm still a big fan of Howard, I would argue that the best way for the Wings to Upgrade in the off-season would be to trade Jimmy for a top D or a big scorer to pair with Datsyuk.

Exactly. Even when monster was coming off bad times in Toronto, he still got a two year deal from Kenny. The way I see it, Holland has three options:

1. Sign a stop-gap backup for 1 year. Overpay if you must. Might be tough to find someone that will sign for one year.

2. Make Mrazek your backup next year. Not Holland's style. But this is the best, headache free option

3. Do something crazy like re-sign Gustavsson for 2-3 years or another UFA for 2-3 years, and create an epic problem when Mrazek is out of waiver options. Holland will probably do this, and he'll pay for it in less than 2 years.

Edited by rick zombo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the owners lock the players out and demand that the CBA be re-opened before the opt out date.

No. The cba goes 8 years, then the option for either side is the last 2 years.

The Agreement is set to remain in effect until September 15, 2022, with both the NHL and the NHLPA having the right to terminate the Agreement after eight years

http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/collective-bargaining-agreement

Edited by Euro_Twins

No. The cba goes 8 years, then the option for either side is the last 2 years.

The Agreement is set to remain in effect until September 15, 2022, with both the NHL and the NHLPA having the right to terminate the Agreement after eight years

http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/collective-bargaining-agreement

Ok, so I guess within the next 5 years we should be approaching the 100 million dollar mark. Which begs the question what was the point of the Lock Out if the salary cap keeps going up.

Ok, so I guess within the next 5 years we should be approaching the 100 million dollar mark. Which begs the question what was the point of the Lock Out if the salary cap keeps going up.

Apparently so Bettman can burden the league with more unprofitable franchises:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 19m

Bettman says lots of expressions of interest in expansion. NHL is willing to listen. However, decision to expand hasn't been made

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 18m

Bettman says franchises have never been stronger. Says everything in due course if due course is going to happen. Very much undecided.

It's funny how when headed into a lockout most of the franchises are near the brink of disaster. Once they've negotiated the cap down, the franchises are stronger than ever. Nevermind that Phoenix thing...

What's the over/under we'll use this new cap room to resign our dead weight... ala Quincey, Cleary, Sammy, Bert, etc

This is what worries me the most. I don't want to see guys like Sheahan, Ferraro and/or Callahan left out because the team has extra cap space for veterans.

I can really see Holland keeping Quincey over Lashoff, and using Almquist as the #7 guy. This would offend me a lot less than bringing back Sammy and Cleary, but I'd still prefer for Quincey to be done with the team. It's not like Lashoff is standing out, but with guys like Ouellet, Sproul, Backman and Marchenko on the way, I don't see the point in hanging onto Q.

Apparently so Bettman can burden the league with more unprofitable franchises:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 19m

Bettman says lots of expressions of interest in expansion. NHL is willing to listen. However, decision to expand hasn't been made

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 18m

Bettman says franchises have never been stronger. Says everything in due course if due course is going to happen. Very much undecided.

It's funny how when headed into a lockout most of the franchises are near the brink of disaster. Once they've negotiated the cap down, the franchises are stronger than ever. Nevermind that Phoenix thing...

The lock out was a joke to begin with, but adding expansion teams will dilute the talent pool and create financial problems in the future. Maybe before considering expansion the NHL should consider relocating some of their other teams, the Panthers come to mind.

What NHL owners did last year with the lock out was nothing more than a ploy to cut salaries, which will again go up and will cause owners to ***** and moan until the next CBA. I really believe that the players association should have called the Owners on their BS and held out and not signed the new CBA mid-season and instead canceled the entire season and let the owners take the blame and bad publicity.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind Heatley on a one year.

Heatley is making 7,5 annually right now, so let's say he takes a discount and signs a one year deal for around 4 - 5 million I still wouldn't take that guy, he is playing on the fourth line for the Minnesotta wild right now. If he really wants to stay in the NHL, the guy might have to pull of a Raymond thing, sign for almost league minimum and show your worth.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind Heatley on a one year.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him this year, but from everything I've heard he's so slow he's practically moving backwards. Maybe he could be a reclamation project if he found the desire to be good again, but it's a serious gamble.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him this year, but from everything I've heard he's so slow he's practically moving backwards. Maybe he could be a reclamation project if he found the desire to be good again, but it's a serious gamble.

his careers gone so down since the dan snyder death, dont think he will ever recover

his careers gone so down since the dan snyder death, dont think he will ever recover

Huh? His best years were all after that tragedy. He hadn't even cracked 90 points before and put up back to back 100 point seasons after the incident.

His career highlights were in Ottawa.