• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Westgarth to the Calgary Flames

Rate this topic

They traded a first round guy for him. A guy who's big, but hasn't progressed in their system. When it comes down to it they traded a first round pick for a ANOTHER pair of boxing gloves. This is a loss for the flames. Even if they were salvaging a poor first round pick, it's still a loss. Especially since Westgarth will not give them anything they don't already have. Not surprisingly, Burke is as dumb as Feaster.

They traded a first round guy for him. A guy who's big, but hasn't progressed in their system. When it comes down to it they traded a first round pick for a ANOTHER pair of boxing gloves. This is a loss for the flames. Even if they were salvaging a poor first round pick, it's still a loss. Especially since Westgarth will not give them anything they don't already have. Not surprisingly, Burke is as dumb as Feaster.

That first round pick according to Flames fans, couldn't even crack their injury rattled lineup last or this season. I like the approach by Burke here, he knows his team is going to be bad for some time, why not have some fun with it and add some protectors for the young guns and few remaining stars.

Also Westgarth was playing for a Rutherford team, one of the worst GMs in the league known for his "make hockey like soccer" stance. Wouldn't surprise if he had told Westgarth not to fight or play with an edge, because poor Rutherford hates good ol' blue collar hockey.

the problem is that they had yet another first round pick bust. trading him for some sort of asset is the quality move. thats not to say nemisz cant develop in another org an at least contribute on an nhl level, but right now he had very little value. heck, we picked mccollum 5 picks later in that draft. think he would get any legitimate value back in a 1 for 1 trade?

We should trade for Colton Orr. He's better than Westgarth, as a player and pugilist.

LOOK AT ME, NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT YOU, KEVIN WESTGARTH. I AM SO OVER YOU.

I would trade our 4th line for theirs, especially since Sheahan isn't likely to play barring more injuries.

Westgarth must be heading to Abbotsford. He hasn't fought once this year. No way McGrattan is sent down.

Brian Burke was quoted saying that one enforcers isn't enough, so I guess both are going to play on the fourth line giving them a one two punch. Yeah Westgarth didn't fight a lot but I guess that was mandated. I fully expect him and 'Gratts to cause Havok on the fourth line now.

Guest Crymson

We don't need these types of players to win, just look at last night. :hehe:

esteef

Sure, perhaps they would have accomplished one of the following:

1) scored goals

2) prevented Howard from giving up soft goals

The chances of either of these having happened are immensely low.

1) scored goals

How about taking care of a certain spotpicker #6? Finishing every check ..

Would either one have changed the outcome of the game? Probably not, but fo sure it would have been more entertaining *g*

1) scored goals

Or his play and fists could've changed the entire makeup of the game. I guess we'll never know.

esteef