Photo
- - - - -

If Datsyuk returns Thursday, who's up next to sit?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

Glendening can be sent down, he just won't be able to play.  As such, it will probably be Sheahan

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#22 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

People shouldn't be so quick to cast off Andersson. He is one of our best faceoff men and is a solid defensive player with decent size.

I just wish he could be a little meaner. Sometimes he needs a fire lit under him.

Glendening can be sent down, he just won't be able to play.  As such, it will probably be Sheahan

"Luke Glendening is not eligible to be assigned to the Griffins during the Olympics"

Link

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#23 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

People shouldn't be so quick to cast off Andersson. He is one of our best faceoff men and is a solid defensive player with decent size.

I just wish he could be a little meaner. Sometimes he needs a fire lit under him.

"Luke Glendening is not eligible to be assigned to the Griffins during the Olympics"

Link

My mistake.  The thing I read is he wasn't eligible to play for the Griffins, it didn't say he couldn't be sent down.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#24 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Cleary

My wish: A healthy roster

#25 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

No one has any value sitting in the pressbox, and we don't have to worry about the cap until Franzen and Weiss get back. It wouldn't make any sense to waive Cleary then bench Andy or Glenny.

Glendenning should go. Move Andy down and let Pav take that wing spot, ease him back into it.

So I guess Sheahan. Could be Jurco, but if Sheahan's going down anyway for the break, might as well go now.

Edited by Buppy, 05 February 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#26 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

According to the lines at practise, Eaves is out.

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader

Helm-Datsyuk-Alfredsson

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Andersson-Glendening-Miller

I think it should be Andersson, but Babs calls the shots.

#NOMOREKINDL

#27 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Unless someone else is hurt and goes on IR, they don't have roster space to keep everyone.  Does that mean Eaves gets sent back to GR?  

And by all rights, Glendening should probably be the odd man out.

#28 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

Unless someone else is hurt and goes on IR, they don't have roster space to keep everyone.  Does that mean Eaves gets sent back to GR?  

I don't know about that. Glendening although doesn't put up points is an absolute hound on the puck and agitates other teams

#29 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I doubt Pav plays Thursday..if he plays at all it will be against Tampa for a few shifts.

#30 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

According to the lines at practise, Eaves is out.

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader
Helm-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco
Andersson-Glendening-Miller

I think it should be Andersson, but Babs calls the shots.

Hey at least it's not one of the kids sitting

I doubt Pav plays Thursday..if he plays at all it will be against Tampa for a few shifts.

He's practicing on a line. Why don't you think he's gonna play?

#31 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

No one has any value sitting in the pressbox, and we don't have to worry about the cap until Franzen and Weiss get back. It wouldn't make any sense to waive Cleary, then bench Andy or Glenny.

Glendenning should go. Move Andy down and let Pav take that wing spot, ease him back into it.

We still have to clear a salary off our books before they return.  So waive someone on the way out or trade someone of value.

I don't see Holland "trading anyone he sees here in the future" so waiving Cleary now would maximize the cap relief. (little as it is)

Considering that, it does make sense.  I don't think they'll do it though.

Edited by Son of a Wing, 05 February 2014 - 12:07 PM.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#32 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

hoepfully sheahan can stay up that line has been our best every night it seems. tough choices for babs! the good thing is that cleary or bertuzzi or sammy are nowhere near playing a game for us yay! now if we can only add Kindl to that list and pick up a solid stay at home guy we will be ok. 

#33 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Aside from Franzen, Kindl is the only other player not skating. (lower body injury)

I wonder if the place him on IR to get down to the 23-man roster.

Vince Lombardi

#34 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

Glendening made an absolutely SICK defensive play on Edler on the PK last game. And overall he's been solid, I think he brings a little more than Eaves. Even if Patty has that great shot he uses once per season and might score in the shootout with. 

Though if Andy's gonna be on the 4th line he may as well play in the middle. He's better on faceoffs than Luke. 

#35 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Was Datsyuk ever placed on LTIR during this injury?

#36 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Was Datsyuk ever placed on LTIR during this injury?

No.  Just the IR. According to capgeek though neither is Franzen.  Only Weiss.

Vince Lombardi

#37 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Aside from Franzen, Kindl is the only other player not skating. (lower body injury)

I wonder if the place him on IR to get down to the 23-man roster.

That appears to be the plan..

"@AnsarKhanMLive: If Datsyuk is cleared for tomorrow, Kindl will go on short-term IR, opening a roster spot. No other move needed."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#38 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Man the Wings are smart with these IR I think it's all a ploy to free up roster moves etc.. Kindl reeks thank god he's out!

#39 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

And practicing on line with Alfie and Helm wow love the line hope it stays intact for game and they click!

#40 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

I kind of love those lines.  We keep together the kid line and zets line, both which have been great, and dats' new line has some good potential. The fourth line is as good as you're going to get in todays nhl.  Really solid top to bottom.