• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

I think Holland should stand pat on "buying" but I really think he should get something for Qunicey while he can. Q has been here for years now and still has no confidence and plays terribly in our system. After drafting him with a pick and then trading a 1st rounder it would be nice to recover some assets for him. I don't think Quincey gives this already decimated team much more of a chance of making the playoffs than without him. Let Kindl or a kid play and call it a day.

This is one of the most frustrating times of the year to be a Wings fan cause you just don't know what they are going to do. Personally, I think nothing and we like our team.

Holland will say in his interview that they actually went out a tried to make some moves but just couldn't get anything done due to the cap hell he put us in etc.

Haha. Nice to see Holland keeping busy.

What's the over/under he's not even in the office?

Oh, c'mon man. He's at least kicking tires! :lol:

I'll take Mexico on a beach, $50

Kenny is that you?

Oh, Vamos hombre! Él puede patear los neumáticos de la playa, ¿no?

It would be a mistake to not make a full on press for Ehrhoff. If you can trade for him do it. He'll only take a trade to an eastern team so why let him show up in Toronto or Columbus? He's got years left on a contract that would cost the Wings very little as his contract was frontloaded. Oh what he would bring to a power-play unit.

He's not going to be of any more use in 3 years when his contract is up and he's 34 than he is now. Also and it pains me to say this but free agents coming to Detroit aren't the slam dunks they once were if you're hoping to pick up someone like Ehrhoff in the summer. He wouldn't be a rental. It just makes sense to get this guy if you can

Hell to it. Go and get Kesler is my opinion. He's signed for 2 more years at $5 after this year and plays a style of game that would be more than welcome. We may have a gluttony of young forwards (and old goats), but at some point we're going to have to get rid of some of them (and hopefully not via the waiver wire to later get burned - see Quincey!)

Guest RyaN_84

Wow. This trade (St.Louis/Callahan) is the first captain for captain trade on trade deadline day.

History has been made!

I don't get why we woyld stand pat. There are good players available right now that are not rentals. The market prices are actually fairly reasonable, and teams are trading way more than I thought.

With the Injuries we do need help to stay afloat. Whether we are a Cup team or not, standing pat doesnt Imprive us.

I think this deadline has actually seen better players than the off-season will, and you can't build a Cup team through drafting alone.

We wont solve all our problems by trading for one player, but It's a start. And it helps us win sooner than waiting for summer and missing out on who we want due to Inflated costs.

(Dont ask why my phone Is capitalizing all words that start with I.)

Dude on TSN said, forgot his name, some "GM's are meek" he's talking about Holland.

...and what? You can be ballsy like Glen Sather and give away a first and second and your captain for a rental?

Holland may be cautious, but I don't think he's "meek."

Dude on TSN said, forgot his name, some "GM's are meek" he's talking about Holland.

Good, he deserves to be called out. Same story with Holland year after year and when he DOES make a move, it involves signing guys like Samuelsson and Cleary to extensions.

Edited by ShanahanMan

BREAKING: Ken Holland is at Meijer buying a new pair of boots. The old pair are worn out.

No he would try to trade them in for better ones. When told they couldn't do that, he took the old boots back home and paid Millions for them and also gave them a no trade clause.

I don't get why we woyld stand pat. There are good players available right now that are not rentals.

The Canucks want a center, the Wings don't have one to give up. Kesler is out. They're talking with Buffalo about Ehrhoff. Edler is a possibility. Other than that, what non-rentals are known to be available who will help the Wings?