• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/4 GDT: Red Wings at Devils

Rate this topic

I don think people understand how s*** trickles down. When you are missing your top players, the kids have to play against top pairs instead of 2nd, 3rd pairs. Which then has our weakest lines that shouldn't be in the NHL on the ice for 1/2 the game. When we don't have your top centers, the defense has to make up for them as well, in the zone D is a 3 man system, s***ty centers help break down our d coverage. Go figure that s***ty D means s***ty goaltending because of all the chances, turnovers, bad coverage and fatigue but hey let's just blame Howard, obviously his fault lol

The Wings are 26th in shots blocked this season.

Don't know what that amateur Ozzie was talking about us being good at blocked shots. We're never good at blocking shots. We suck notoriously at defending the point. We gave up several great chances from the point in the last few minutes.

this team is a joke.

why do we even bother?

they obviously stopped caring.

why should we?

You think they don't care? Any team in the league with the injuries this team has had this year would be a lottery team. Ya crappy way to lose, but I thought they battled hard and it's just such a shame that people haven't got to see this team actually healthy. Because I think it could be a damn good team

If someone has enough time on their hands, I would be really interested to know how many last minute goals Jimmy Howard has allowed throughout his career at the end of each period. I swear he must have some kind of record. Yah the goal was not his fault, but his job as a goalie is to make the timely saves, and he just lets in far too many late goals at the end of periods.

Howard could have stopped that if he was out a little farther. He plays best when he is aggressive and the closer you are to the tip the less room it has to move on you. The first goal was s***ty goaltending for sure though. The 3rd one he just didn't get up or make an effort to come across or that would have been an easy save.

I don think people understand how s*** trickles down. When you are missing your top players, the kids have to play against top pairs instead of 2nd, 3rd pairs. Which then has our weakest lines that shouldn't be in the NHL on the ice for 1/2 the game. When we don't have your top centers, the defense has to make up for them as well, in the zone D is a 3 man system, s***ty centers help break down our d coverage. Go figure that s***ty D means s***ty goaltending because of all the chances, turnovers, bad coverage and fatigue but hey let's just blame Howard, obviously his fault lol

We all firmly have our pitch forks and torches in hand. What are we supposed to do with them now that you brought rationality into the picture?

We scored 3 goals tonight, plenty enough to win. Thomas would make the save when we need a big one...acquire Timmy and convince Howard to waive his NTC, that he doesn't deserve...

Have you watched Thomas as of late. So when Thomas retires the following season. Just throw Mrazek in right? Stop thinking this is the cup winning Thomas, he doesn't exist anymore. If your going if past performances. We should try to get hasek back, he was awesome. The problem is not trading Howard, it's adding a dman that can make the right play and the right passes. Kronwall needs help.

We are a borderline playoff team with a full lineup, we sure as s*** can't win without Z, D and now Helm..we are in a tough spot going in to tomorrow not knowing when these guys will be healthy ( Z obviously is out a long time) and if they can stay healthy.

I missed most of the first 2 periods, but most of what I saw it looked like we were playing not to lose, instead of course playing to win, no real drive or sense of urgency

injuries are playing a significant role in this funk we can't ever seem to get out of this season, can't seem to gain any real traction and get on a roll this year- haven't won more than 2 games in a row since late November

if Pavel stays out for awhile and other injuries keep happening, we're probably up the creek w/o a paddle, as they say

Howard was af****** hole tonight.

Way to put pressure on Holland to make a trade. Argh.

First goal was a terrible turnover blunder by the top pairing D which gave the puck to the opposing team alone in front of the goal.

Second goal, top pairing D inadvertently hits his own goalie's glove as he's trying to make the save, which allows the puck to go in.

Fourth goal a larger defenseman and a larger forward get beaten by and allow a ridiculously tiny opposing player to deflect the puck in.

Howard was too slow imo on the 3rd goal, but there is definitely much more fault to pass around than you are implying.

We are a borderline playoff team with a full lineup, we sure as s*** can't win without Z, D and now Helm..we are in a tough spot going in to tomorrow not knowing when these guys will be healthy ( Z obviously is out a long time) and if they can stay healthy.

At what point during this season did we have a full roster to prove this?

How do you know were a borderline team when healthy? We've never been healthy all year

First goal was a terrible turnover blunder by the top pairing D which gave the puck to the opposing team alone in front of the goal.

Second goal, top pairing D inadvertently hits his own goalie's glove as he's trying to make the save, which allows the puck to go in.

Fourth goal a larger defenseman and a larger forward get beaten by and allow a ridiculously tiny opposing player to deflect the puck in.

Howard was too slow imo on the 3rd goal, but there is definitely much more fault to pass around than you are implying.

Thank you, the only thing I will say is that rebound goal. It was a bad rebound to give up by Howard but somehow zajac comes through, picks up the puck and can find time to get control and back hand it in.

How do you know were a borderline team when healthy? We've never been healthy all year

Good point, let me re phrase that, we would be the greatest team in the history of the universe if we were ever healthy which we aren't so who knows.

Good point, let me re phrase that, we would be the greatest team in the history of the universe if we were ever healthy which we aren't so who knows.

The hyperbole is so thick I can taste it.

Exactly. Take the two best players out of any teams lineup and there not gonna be very good. Then try taking out it's top 4 centers, who 2 of them are top 15 players in the world. I don't see how people are shocked when we lose a game like this. We have zero offense through the middle. By the end of the game we had a guy who has 0 career goals playing second line center. I'm sorry but if the wings make the playoffs Babcock should be given the jack Adams on the spot. If this team adds a decent top 4 d-man and is fully healthy I believe they can beat anyone in the east in a 7 game series. But that's my opinion

Exactly. Take the two best players out of any teams lineup and there not gonna be very good. Then try taking out it's top 4 centers, who 2 of them are top 15 players in the world. I don't see how people are shocked when we lose a game like this. We have zero offense through the middle. By the end of the game we had a guy who has 0 career goals playing second line center. I'm sorry but if the wings make the playoffs Babcock should be given the jack Adams on the spot. If this team adds a decent top 4 d-man and is fully healthy I believe they can beat anyone in the east in a 7 game series. But that's my opinion

How many years do we have to use injuries as an excuse?

There seems to be a problem with this team's strength and conditioning that we have these constant injury problems. Maybe we should trade the team masseuse to Ottawa or something.