• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

I thought Scrivins doing his best impersonation of a "Sweater Cannon" was the better story, especially when you factor in his comments following the game:

Another highlight? That's easy:

The players on the ice and the front office disrespect that jersey more then the drunk fan who threw it ever could.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#22 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

By Canadian law, didn't they have to chant "cin-quante, cin-quante!" as well?              

By early in the third period, all the fans were waiting on was to find out who would win the 50/50 take of some $66,000.

“Fif-tee-fif-tee, fif-tee fifee!” the chant went up. Sure enough, when the winning number was drawn, later than normal, with just about four minutes remaining, the exodus was on.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#23 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Or maybe he thought it was...semen.

Ah, there it is. Like a warm blanket and a mug of tea in front of the fire on a cold day...

But I also agree with the first part too. We've all had those days where tons of bad things happen and we're all able to soldier on, but then something little happens like you bump into a wall on accident and all of a sudden EVERYTHING IS THAT GOD DAMNED WALL'S FAULT AND *punch punch* I WILL BRING IT DOWN LIKE THE STINKIN' PATRIARCHY THAT MADE IT!!!!!1111111

Or Eakins is just a giant douchenozzle. I haven't decided yet.

Either way, he made himself look like an ass on national television.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#24 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

By Canadian law, didn't they have to chant "cin-quante, cin-quante!" as well?              

brands_badge_50.jpg

Only they're standing in line at the concession stands.

"Dynasty Dallas" still has his memories of his time with the Marlies to fall back on.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#25 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

It's insane how big of a joke the Oilers have become. Finals in 06, and then straight to garbage for 8 years.

#NOMOREKINDL

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Ah, there it is. Like a warm blanket and a mug of tea in front of the fire on a cold day...

But I also agree with the first part too. We've all had those days where tons of bad things happen and we're all able to soldier on, but then something little happens like you bump into a wall on accident and all of a sudden EVERYTHING IS THAT GOD DAMNED WALL'S FAULT AND *punch punch* I WILL BRING IT DOWN LIKE THE STINKIN' PATRIARCHY THAT MADE IT!!!!!1111111

Or Eakins is just a giant douchenozzle. I haven't decided yet.

Either way, he made himself look like an ass on national television.

http://www.torontosu...'s brain: Study

I like Eakins. There was that one time he said his idea of a perfect game is one where his team doesn't have to throw a single hit. The Edmonton media doofs, being Edmonton media doofs, were totally confused, and it was awesome.

I don't think he's quite ready for success in The Big League. Certainly the Oilers were a bad fit. I think one thing the Oilers have to realize is that they need a top-end NHL coach, e.g. Laviolette. Renney, Krueger, Eakins - these are, IMHO, guys who were picked because of a lack of clout, i.e. Ownership/Management wants guys who will "know their place" and not question stuff and make a big fuss when it becomes clear that everyone at the top of the pyramid is incompetent. I'm not blaming Eakins, but I don't think he's the right man for the job. To turn this sorry-ass sack-of-s*** team around, they're gonna need a guy who really, really, really knows what he's doing.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

That's ridiculous. Hopefully Eakins is gone after this season. So much talent on that team and he just doesn't know how to utilize it. What a jerkoff.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#28 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

I really thought Eakins would have been a good fit after his work with the Marlies but boy have I been wrong. First he started to wipe out the winning legacy of that room by removing the dynasty pictures and then he started to implement a VERY difficult to teach system with his "swarm attack/swarm defense". Here is a hint Eakins if the players aren't understanding your system chance it. The guy reminds on one of my ex teachers, 1 gave me a very bad grade and after I was fed up with him I've changed during the semester and got a very good grade by doing the exact same thing, differense was the other one knew how to teach.

Putting myself in Eakins shoes I would happy about some water squirkels, I mean its an arena packed with a lot of people, the game is out of hand so something to cool myself off would be appreciated. Also it's not like coaches are that poor he should be able to buy a new suit if it angers him that much *lol* Maybe look at it as a chance and take your wife for a shopping trib instead of pissing and benching your best player *lol*

The Oiler fan really deserve better than this their patience has been tested a lot same goes for the Isles fans sadly both front offices have one thing in common they are incompetent! No coach is going to fix this team as long as Mr. 6 Rings and we need more forwards is running the show there.

Edited by frankgrimes, 23 March 2014 - 04:55 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#29 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Next year is there year...

Seriously the team is such a joke.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#30 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I had to watch the video twice just to catch the slamming of the bottle that unleashed the tsunami of water.. what a joke. A few drops sprinkled on you, act like a profession, ffs.

The team will feed off the coach's behavior and this guy is acting like a spoiled little tw*t.

I also watched the goalie throwing the jersey back video twice - but only because it's HILARIOUS.

He had a lot of practice while playing for Toronto. Except last time he was throwing back eggo's.

:lol:

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

102313eakins.jpg?w=660&h=330&crop=1

"Mr. Happy".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#32 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:15 AM

I feel bad for them. They have acquired the young talent but they need the appropriate coach and veterans to adjust them to the league, They need a Scotty Bowman and a Brendan Shanahan. If I'm Edmonton I'm chasing vets (even a guy like Bertuzzi) and the most experienced coach I can get. I think Buffalo had the right idea signing Nolan, even if I don't like him.

#33 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

The more I look at Eakins the more he reminds me of a petulant child.

Every time I see him, I think of THIS  giphy.gif

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#34 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Every time I see him, I think of THIS 

******* Catalina Wine Mixer?

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#35 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

LMAO.  Nah, I just think that dude looks like Eakins

Oh yeah....boats and hoes!

Edited by Kmahrle83, 24 March 2014 - 03:46 PM.

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#36 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

******* Catalina Wine Mixer...

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#37 joesuffP

joesuffP