• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Dallas Eakins loses his cool...thanks to some water

Rate this topic

I'd imagine this is more of a this-team-sucks-and-I-just-need-one-little-thing-to-set-me-off-omg-my-best-player-just-squirted-me-with-water kind of thing. Or maybe he thought it was...semen.

At any rate, I predict Hall will demand a trade to the Red Wings.

Edited by Dabura

Eakins is a loser. No doubt.

But Hall is a loser too. And maybe he did it on purpose, which would be completely unsurprising and really classless.

Hall slammed the water bottle down on the bench. That would be pretty difficult to hit the coach intentionally doing that.

According to Oilers fans Eakins benched Hall for 16 minutes and also came out in a new suit jacket in the third period. Ridiculous.

Some Oilers fan threw another jersey on the ice and Scrivens used his goalie stick to hurl it back into the crowd. Pretty awesome.

Hall slammed the water bottle down on the bench. That would be pretty difficult to hit the coach intentionally doing that.

According to Oilers fans Eakins benched Hall for 16 minutes and also came out in a new suit jacket in the third period. Ridiculous.

Some Oilers fan threw another jersey on the ice and Scrivens used his goalie stick to hurl it back into the crowd. Pretty awesome.

This is just so awesome and key in on the word ANOTHER! I don't blame the fans for being pissed off at this organization.

They don't call Hall one of the most talented players in the world for nothing.

Also, I really like Scrivens, as a goalie and - from what little I've seen - as a person.

My bad.

Yeah, that’s ridiculous.

The jersey thing is funny, but I'm not sure what the problem is with Eakins. Wouldn't you be annoyed if you're in a stressful situation and someone hoses you with water, intentional or not? It's not like he assaulted Hall. Probably should've kept his mouth shut but it's hardly the most outrageous thing I've seen on a bench.

I had to watch the video twice just to catch the slamming of the bottle that unleashed the tsunami of water.. what a joke. A few drops sprinkled on you, act like a profession, ffs.

The team will feed off the coach's behavior and this guy is acting like a spoiled little tw*t.

I also watched the goalie throwing the jersey back video twice - but only because it's HILARIOUS.

Edited by FireCaptain

I thought Scrivens doing his best impersonation of a "Sweater Cannon" was the better story, especially when you factor in his comments following the game:

You know what, I always feel like, as a fan, you pay your money, you get to do whatever you want. You want to boo me? Go for it. You want to jeer me, call me every name, you’re entitled to that. You could spit on me, for all I care, if I deserve it. But when I see a jersey thrown out on the ice — you know, I’m from here, you’re not just disrespecting the guys in the room, you’re disrespecting guys who wore this jersey before us, all the great guys to play for this organization who pulled that sweater over their head, the Messiers, the Gretzkys, they all took pride in wearing that jersey. You’ve got guys like Joey Moss, everyday, the unsung heroes around the rink who pride themselves on that logo. Like I said, you’re a fan, you get to say and do whatever you want, call me whatever name you want, but when it comes to that logo, that’s a sacred thing for us. It’s disheartening for me to see our fans treat it that way.

Another highlight? That's easy:

By early in the third period, all the fans were waiting on was to find out who would win the 50/50 take of some $66,000.

“Fif-tee-fif-tee, fif-tee fifee!” the chant went up. Sure enough, when the winning number was drawn, later than normal, with just about four minutes remaining, the exodus was on.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

I thought Scrivins doing his best impersonation of a "Sweater Cannon" was the better story, especially when you factor in his comments following the game:

Another highlight? That's easy:

The players on the ice and the front office disrespect that jersey more then the drunk fan who threw it ever could.

By Canadian law, didn't they have to chant "cin-quante, cin-quante!" as well?

By early in the third period, all the fans were waiting on was to find out who would win the 50/50 take of some $66,000.

“Fif-tee-fif-tee, fif-tee fifee!” the chant went up. Sure enough, when the winning number was drawn, later than normal, with just about four minutes remaining, the exodus was on.

Or maybe he thought it was...semen.

Ah, there it is. Like a warm blanket and a mug of tea in front of the fire on a cold day...

But I also agree with the first part too. We've all had those days where tons of bad things happen and we're all able to soldier on, but then something little happens like you bump into a wall on accident and all of a sudden EVERYTHING IS THAT GOD DAMNED WALL'S FAULT AND *punch punch* I WILL BRING IT DOWN LIKE THE STINKIN' PATRIARCHY THAT MADE IT!!!!!1111111

Or Eakins is just a giant douchenozzle. I haven't decided yet.

Either way, he made himself look like an ass on national television.