36 replies to this topic

#1 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

http://ams-vp9.9c9me...6.mp4Seg1-Frag3

at about 60 seconds in. My god he also benched Hall for this thing I am sure Eakins can afford a new jacket absolutely hilarious to see

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#2 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

The link isn't working for me. Downloads an unreadable file instead. Weird.

#3 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

Pathetic beyond words. Dallas Eakins is the biggest joke in the league.

#4 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

lol

Edited by sputman, 23 March 2014 - 09:18 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

This is the exact reason why this team does so poorly while they have so many stars. Their coach clearly can't handle young players.

#6 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

lol

Dude get over it, it'll dry.  So you're a little wet. 

#7 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

Couldn't of been the 5 goals that his team just got done giving up.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

You'd think he'd be wetter from the tears of all the Edmonton fans sitting behind him.

Edited by wings87, 23 March 2014 - 10:35 AM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#9 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'd imagine this is more of a this-team-sucks-and-I-just-need-one-little-thing-to-set-me-off-omg-my-best-player-just-squirted-me-with-water kind of thing. Or maybe he thought it was...semen.

At any rate, I predict Hall will demand a trade to the Red Wings.

Edited by Dabura, 23 March 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#10 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Eakins is a loser. No doubt.

But Hall is a loser too. And maybe he did it on purpose, which would be completely unsurprising and really classless.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#11 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Eakins is a loser. No doubt.

But Hall is a loser too. And maybe he did it on purpose, which would be completely unsurprising and really classless.

Hall slammed the water bottle down on the bench.  That would be pretty difficult to hit the coach intentionally doing that. 

According to Oilers fans Eakins benched Hall for 16 minutes and also came out in a new suit jacket in the third period.  Ridiculous.  

Some Oilers fan threw another jersey on the ice and Scrivens used his goalie stick to hurl it back into the crowd.  Pretty awesome. 

#12 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hall slammed the water bottle down on the bench.  That would be pretty difficult to hit the coach intentionally doing that. 

According to Oilers fans Eakins benched Hall for 16 minutes and also came out in a new suit jacket in the third period.  Ridiculous.  

Some Oilers fan threw another jersey on the ice and Scrivens used his goalie stick to hurl it back into the crowd.  Pretty awesome. 

This is just so awesome and key in on the word ANOTHER!  I don't blame the fans for being pissed off at this organization.

#13 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

They don't call Hall one of the most talented players in the world for nothing.

Also, I really like Scrivens, as a goalie and - from what little I've seen - as a person.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#14 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

845042223.gif?1395548438

#15 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

My bad.

Yeah, that’s ridiculous. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#16 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hahahaha.  The Oilers are a joke.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

The jersey thing is funny, but I'm not sure what the problem is with Eakins.  Wouldn't you be annoyed if you're in a stressful situation and someone hoses you with water, intentional or not? It's not like he assaulted Hall.  Probably should've kept his mouth shut but it's hardly the most outrageous thing I've seen on a bench.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

I had to watch the video twice just to catch the slamming of the bottle that unleashed the tsunami of water.. what a joke. A few drops sprinkled on you, act like a profession, ffs.

The team will feed off the coach's behavior and this guy is acting like a spoiled little tw*t.

I also watched the goalie throwing the jersey back video twice - but only because it's HILARIOUS.

Edited by FireCaptain, 23 March 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#19 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

The more I look at Eakins the more he reminds me of a petulant child.

Edited by wings87, 23 March 2014 - 12:29 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#20 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

I thought Scrivens doing his best impersonation of a "Sweater Cannon" was the better story, especially when you factor in his comments following the game:

You know what, I always feel like, as a fan, you pay your money, you get to do whatever you want. You want to boo me? Go for it. You want to jeer me, call me every name, you’re entitled to that. You could spit on me, for all I care, if I deserve it. But when I see a jersey thrown out on the ice — you know, I’m from here, you’re not just disrespecting the guys in the room, you’re disrespecting guys who wore this jersey before us, all the great guys to play for this organization who pulled that sweater over their head, the Messiers, the Gretzkys, they all took pride in wearing that jersey. You’ve got guys like Joey Moss, everyday, the unsung heroes around the rink who pride themselves on that logo. Like I said, you’re a fan, you get to say and do whatever you want, call me whatever name you want, but when it comes to that logo, that’s a sacred thing for us. It’s disheartening for me to see our fans treat it that way.

Another highlight? That's easy:

By early in the third period, all the fans were waiting on was to find out who would win the 50/50 take of some $66,000.

“Fif-tee-fif-tee, fif-tee fifee!” the chant went up. Sure enough, when the winning number was drawn, later than normal, with just about four minutes remaining, the exodus was on.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 23 March 2014 - 12:32 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.