• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Pens or Bruins

Rate this topic

Who would you rather verse, who do you think we will verse? I pick cbj to lose the next to games, we win agaisnt carolina, and piick up a point agaisnt the blues. I want us to play pens and then get henrick for the second round. LGW

Problem is - if we take Pitts their PP is almost automatic. These new NHL refs tend to call penalties in bunches and that scares me going into the playoffs where the reffing is always worse with the stakes higher. Pitts was clearly the team with the more serious infractions tonight but total penalties were about even. I'd actually like Boston instead I think - no Crosby/Malkin and less potent pp. Although if MAF plays like he did against philly I'd take Pitts though.

I think we should not pick our own poison. As long as we play our best hockey we can realistically compete with both teams. We match up well against Boston and have done so for a few years. I know its only regular season I'm basing that off but still. The pens have weaker D and questionable goalie. But at the same time I think fleury is gonna play with something to prove in the playoffs I do not think he is gonna stink it up like everyone thinks. Also there is no denying the pens always benefit from the officials so we would end up short handed more against them and they have a lethal pp.

Bottom line, there are pros and cons of facing both teams but the bottom line is it won't matter who we play if we don't play well. If we play like we did tn, then we can compete with both teams and make it a series. Whoever we play, go wings!!

Y'know what? I'm fine with Boston. We're gonna have to go through them anyway if we want to come out of the East. I guess I feel like if we get the Pens (and beat them), the Bruins will make it to the conference finals, whereas if we get the Bruins (and beat them), it might be the Flyers in the conference finals. So...get the Bruins (and beat them), yay. Get the Pens (and beat them), Bruins.

It made more sense in my head.

Hoping for the Pens but we all know that picking your poison isn't the way to go. It would be awesome if Z can go sometime in the 1st round. Just stoked that the Wings have made the playoffs.

Can anyone revive the 09' Wings/Pens playoff Photoshop thread?