• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#941 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

I never thought I would be saying this, but I think I just turned into an interim Habs fan. F*ck the Bruins.

Nothing would make me a Habs fan. 

#942 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Great series by the Bruins they schooled us. Too bad Z, Dats and Alfie weren't 100% or else we could have made it a series. Rask is just too tough to beat 4 games anyways and their defense onviosuly blows ours away. Big E missing would've helped us. Anyways Boston will win cup so it's all good. We always lose to the eventual champions right?

#943 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

I never thought I would be saying this, but I think I just turned into an interim Habs fan. F*ck the Bruins.

I dunno about that. GO BJ's!!

#944 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Theres nothing wrong with Abby on the team. Hes just not a top 6 player which they are trying to force him to be. He is what the Wings need on the 3rd and 4th.

Agreed. He's a very good bottom 6-er. I can see Babcock's thinking, but it doesn't work. Hopefully, whether its Mantha or an FA, we can get a proper threat on the first line next year.

#945 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

thank you for a hard fought season boys, can't wait for next year.

#946 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,132 posts

I think this might really be the Sharks' year.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#947 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Boston is not winning the Cup..I think Chicago will win it again.

#948 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Positives:

Holland wanted answers he has them now:

Team needs to get bigger, meaner, tougher and still younger.

Re-sign Dekeyser, Monster (if he wants) and bring in defensive help plus 2 enforcers.

DONE

Mule, Alfie, Legwand, Bertuzzi, Miller ......

DO NOT

sign someone like Jagr, Selanne...

play the young kids add toughness and look hard at the Boston model that's the way to build a playoff winner.

Boston is the team coming out of the east and hopefully they are facing someone not name Blackhawks

Edited by frankgrimes, 26 April 2014 - 05:02 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#949 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

So who's doing Ken Holland's exit interview?

Jimmy D but I really doubt that happens for many reasons which I won't go into now, Im sure there will be a thread to do that in soon.

#950 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Nothing would make me a Habs fan. 

I did say "interim" lol. I want to see them do the things we should have done and knock some heads. Fight dirty with dirty.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#951 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,132 posts

Agreed. He's a very good bottom 6-er. I can see Babcock's thinking, but it doesn't work. Hopefully, whether its Mantha or an FA, we can get a proper threat on the first line next year.

I've thought about it lately, and I think I want Mantha on the team straight out of camp. Let's just go all in with the youth, get them as much time with Z and D and maybe Alfie as possible.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#952 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,365 posts

I think this might really be the Sharks' year.

Blasphemy! It's only a matter of time before the meltdown is cued up.

#953 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Miller was good bro.

#954 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

I absolutely hate hearing, "they just need more experience, they'll be ready in a few years, growing pains." Absolute bulls***.  

What about Krug? What about Hamilton? What about Riley Smith? How come they don't need "just a bit more experience". These guys have just as much experience as our young guys and absolutely destroyed them.

It's not experience, it's talent and our team has very little. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#955 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

I think this series showed the glaring holes in this Wings team. I do not believe Holland will do anything or enough to make the drastic changes that this club needs to be competitive again. That said I will never follow another hockey team. Still proud to be a Wings fan despite everything.

Hard to say whether Holland will make the changes....this is the first year where we have looked really outmatched in the playoffs, with our secondary players contributing nothing. Maybe it will be a shock the system. Organisational noises suggest that Franzen & Kindl may be running out of time, Alfie may not take the necessary pay cut to come back, and if they can't find an FA better than Lashoff we should all go home. It could be significant changes whether we want them or not, especially with the deadwood leaving. If alfie goes we suddenly have him, Quincey, Bert, Cleary, Sammy all leaving at once, with probably  one of Franzen, Tootoo or Weiss bought out, That;s a minimum of 18m to spend (the cap increase should so salary raises for the RFAs).

#956 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Thx franzen
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#957 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

Well, good season. 

like hell...saying this was a good season or in any way acceptable is why we're stuck in the 8th seed and barely squeaking into the playoffs.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#958 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

well that was a playoff series none of us expected us to win and 95% of us never thought we'd get into. They kids got us in and 

after their success in the Calder last year this series has taught them what its all about in the big boys playoffs. It'll stand them in

good stead for the future. We have probably seen Alfie's last game in the NHL tonight and also at least 4 as Redwings. 

The Bruins showed they are a good side, and also that big body's with skill usually prevail. I can't fault our guys for their effort

just the better side won out. Roll on next year and hopefully some fresh faces with some size joining the roster.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#959 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

I've thought about it lately, and I think I want Mantha on the team straight out of camp. Let's just go all in with the youth, get them as much time with Z and D and maybe Alfie as possible.

I agree with this. The Wings need an actual goal-scorer, especially since Franzen doesn't care about playing hockey for 3/4 of a season.

Edited by GoWings1905, 26 April 2014 - 08:02 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#960 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

I absolutely hate hearing, "they just need more experience, they'll be ready in a few years, growing pains." Absolute bulls***.  

What about Krug? What about Hamilton? What about Riley Smith? How come they don't need "just a bit more experience". These guys have just as much experience as our young guys and absolutely destroyed them.

It's not experience, it's talent and our team has very little. 

Krug was a great find it has to be said. Hamilton was projected to be an immediate stud when drafted high. Smith was the chump change from Dallas and suddenly blossomed. 

The Bruins have a system, a core near their peak, and a winning team to step into. Much easier all round.