• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 5 - Red Wings at Bruins - 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Agreed. He's a very good bottom 6-er. I can see Babcock's thinking, but it doesn't work. Hopefully, whether its Mantha or an FA, we can get a proper threat on the first line next year.

I've thought about it lately, and I think I want Mantha on the team straight out of camp. Let's just go all in with the youth, get them as much time with Z and D and maybe Alfie as possible.

I absolutely hate hearing, "they just need more experience, they'll be ready in a few years, growing pains." Absolute bulls***.

What about Krug? What about Hamilton? What about Riley Smith? How come they don't need "just a bit more experience". These guys have just as much experience as our young guys and absolutely destroyed them.

It's not experience, it's talent and our team has very little.

I think this series showed the glaring holes in this Wings team. I do not believe Holland will do anything or enough to make the drastic changes that this club needs to be competitive again. That said I will never follow another hockey team. Still proud to be a Wings fan despite everything.

Hard to say whether Holland will make the changes....this is the first year where we have looked really outmatched in the playoffs, with our secondary players contributing nothing. Maybe it will be a shock the system. Organisational noises suggest that Franzen & Kindl may be running out of time, Alfie may not take the necessary pay cut to come back, and if they can't find an FA better than Lashoff we should all go home. It could be significant changes whether we want them or not, especially with the deadwood leaving. If alfie goes we suddenly have him, Quincey, Bert, Cleary, Sammy all leaving at once, with probably one of Franzen, Tootoo or Weiss bought out, That;s a minimum of 18m to spend (the cap increase should so salary raises for the RFAs).

well that was a playoff series none of us expected us to win and 95% of us never thought we'd get into. They kids got us in and

after their success in the Calder last year this series has taught them what its all about in the big boys playoffs. It'll stand them in

good stead for the future. We have probably seen Alfie's last game in the NHL tonight and also at least 4 as Redwings.

The Bruins showed they are a good side, and also that big body's with skill usually prevail. I can't fault our guys for their effort

just the better side won out. Roll on next year and hopefully some fresh faces with some size joining the roster.

I've thought about it lately, and I think I want Mantha on the team straight out of camp. Let's just go all in with the youth, get them as much time with Z and D and maybe Alfie as possible.

I agree with this. The Wings need an actual goal-scorer, especially since Franzen doesn't care about playing hockey for 3/4 of a season.

Edited by GoWings1905

I absolutely hate hearing, "they just need more experience, they'll be ready in a few years, growing pains." Absolute bulls***.

What about Krug? What about Hamilton? What about Riley Smith? How come they don't need "just a bit more experience". These guys have just as much experience as our young guys and absolutely destroyed them.

Krug was a great find it has to be said. Hamilton was projected to be an immediate stud when drafted high. Smith was the chump change from Dallas and suddenly blossomed.

The Bruins have a system, a core near their peak, and a winning team to step into. Much easier all round.

I agree about Mantha. Alfie left his career to come to Detroit and win a cup, I think we need for give him another run. However I want to see some major changes in the offseason.

And I think Smith played his ass off this series.

well that was a playoff series none of us expected us to win and 95% of us never thought we'd get into. They kids got us in and

after their success in the Calder last year this series has taught them what its all about in the big boys playoffs. It'll stand them in

good stead for the future. We have probably seen Alfie's last game in the NHL tonight and also at least 4 as Redwings.

The Bruins showed they are a good side, and also that big body's with skill usually prevail. I can't fault our guys for their effort

just the better side won out. Roll on next year and hopefully some fresh faces with some size joining the roster.

I see nothing to look forward to in the future except Mantha, who Holland will probably trade away in the off season like he did with Jarnkrok.

Positives:

Holland wanted answers he has them now:

Team needs to get bigger, meaner, tougher and still younger.

Re-sign Dekeyser, Monster (if he wants) and bring in defensive help plus 2 enforcers.

DONE

Mule, Alfie, Legwand, Bertuzzi, Miller ......

DO NOT

sign someone like Jagr, Selanne...

play the young kids add toughness and look hard at the Boston model that's the way to build a playoff winner.

Boston is the team coming out of the east and hopefully they are facing someone not name Blackhawks

Holland is laughing at you. He's talking to Jagr's agent as we speak; and we don't need team toughness, the PP is our enforcer.

I was just going to say the same thing. Nyquist and Tatar showed me nothing. I'm sorry but if these guys are going to be the Wings "saviors" it really didn't show in this series.

I thought Datsyuk played pretty poorly overall in this series. That being said...

Datsyuk scored 50% of the Red Wings goals this series. And contributed to 83.33% of our scoring.

You know it's bad when our best player isn't playing well and still is carrying the team.

I agree about Mantha. Alfie left his career to come to Detroit and win a cup, I think we need for give him another run. However I want to see some major changes in the offseason.

I get the impression Alfie will never win a cup. This playoffs it looked like he wanted his team to get the cup for him more than he wanted to get it for himself. He wasn't very good, and I was extremely excited when he came at the beginning of the year.

Positives:

Holland wanted answers he has them now:

Team needs to get bigger, meaner, tougher and still younger.

Re-sign Dekeyser, Monster (if he wants) and bring in defensive help plus 2 enforcers.

DONE

Mule, Alfie, Legwand, Bertuzzi, Miller ......

DO NOT

sign someone like Jagr, Selanne...

play the young kids add toughness and look hard at the Boston model that's the way to build a playoff winner.

Boston is the team coming out of the east and hopefully they are facing someone not name Blackhawks

I pretty much agree with everything you say here except maybe Legwand. At times, when he was not burried on the fourth line he was our most physical forward. He skated to the net and could actually use his body to protect the puck. If all the others leave, he could still have a spot on the team I think.

Blasphemy! It's only a matter of time before the meltdown is cued up.

I'm a wee bit partial from my days at Stanford. They've got pretty good fans, a team that's built the right way, McLellan was good for the Wings, Couture's a Dastyuk fanboy, Tomas Hertl...

The best thing that could happen is all the series - East and West and the SCF - go to seven games and the teams just flat-out obliterate each other.

franzen gone.
Legwand - gone.
Kindl, lashoff - gone.

Should we be worried that tatar, nyquist, jurco, shehan didn't score a SINGLE goal. i mean theres only so much that dats and z can do.

Major changes need to be made.

I have no problem with Alfie back at a reasonable price. He's taking way too muck flack for what has been a pretty solid year. I don't think we would've made the playoffs without him because he was one of our main leaders down the stretch who wasn't injured. The Cap is going up and I think it's highly likely that we're not going to use all the space up, so if Alfie is willing to stay for a reasonable amount, again, I have no problem with it. We have way, way, way bigger problems than Alfie.