#1 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

1477429_10151866688639139_210329584_n.jp

Liked · 15 mins 

UPDATE: The #RedWings have signed Tom McCollum to a one-year deal.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#2 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

good signing

#3 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Howard - Monster

Mrazek - McCollum

Coreau - Patterson

That's a pretty decent tandem at every level.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#4 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

He's a bit iffy at times, but a decent AHL backup. Doubt he'll ever be anything more than that though.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#5 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

He's a bit iffy at times, but a decent AHL backup. Doubt he'll ever be anything more than that though.

The equivalent of a AAAA player in baseball.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#6 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

Its too bad, there were high hopes for him.

#7 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

I don't follow that Griffins all that closely, but from what I've gathered, after his terrible struggles from a couple years ago, McCollum really rebounded well and likely could have been a solid 1 last year. Unfortunately for him, the Wings also have Hasek jr. in Mrazek, and nobody in the AHL will take the 1 spot from that kid. Anyway, I think if he keeps his pace up, McCollum can break into the NHL, perhaps as a back-up.

#8 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

I don't follow that Griffins all that closely, but from what I've gathered, after his terrible struggles from a couple years ago, McCollum really rebounded well and likely could have been a solid 1 last year. Unfortunately for him, the Wings also have Hasek jr. in Mrazek, and nobody in the AHL will take the 1 spot from that kid. Anyway, I think if he keeps his pace up, McCollum can break into the NHL, perhaps as a back-up.

I agree with this. He doesn't really have a future with Detroit, but I think he could push for a back-up job somewhere around the NHL. He might have to prove himself in another system for a year or so, but I could see him landing somewhere.

#9 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Good signing based off of his bounce back season. Mcollum was regarded as an NHL starting goalie one day so its a good move considering he can back up in the AHL, and get some more starts down there when Gus gets hurt. 

If he manages to live up to his once thought potential, then we have a good player that we can move in a potential trade

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#10 mvanpop

mvanpop

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

I agree with this. He doesn't really have a future with Detroit, but I think he could push for a back-up job somewhere around the NHL. He might have to prove himself in another system for a year or so, but I could see him landing somewhere.

It could be a future possibility that he becomes a backup to Mrazek and the red wings trade Howard if Mrazek becomes a clear nhl starter.

#11 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

It could be a future possibility that he becomes a backup to Mrazek and the red wings trade Howard if Mrazek becomes a clear nhl starter.

The wings can't even part ways with cleary and you think they'll trade Howard? LOL

#12 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

The wings can't even part ways with cleary and you think they'll trade Howard? LOL

Just like Osgood!.... Wait...

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

Decent depth signing. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman