• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Jersey Sponsorship

Rate this topic

Detroit Red Wing Boots

LA Burger Kings

Analheim Duck Tape (yes, it's duct tape, but Duck Tape is a brand)

Pittsburgh Paint Penguins

Boston Baked Beans Bruins

Colorado Chevrolet Avalanche

New Jersey Devil's Food Cake by Betty Crocker

New York Ford Rangers

Even tie-ins don't sound good. Ads would be worse.

:) lol, I don't make GDT's but these are all great ideas.

Im not sure but if they start putting ads on players. I might stop watching hockey altogether.

Ads on pants or jerseys either way I don't want them. Somethings you need put a line in the sand for and I really don't want Jerseys like the Wings tampered with period. But I know the day is coming as this is another avenue stream for bottom feeder teams to get more money from their big brothers. I could see Gary asking Rogers/Honda for more money to paste a logo on ALL team jerseys.

Yeah, if ads come to jerseys I'm probably done with the sport for good. Already I've had enough of watching car commercials. Now if I had to watch millionaires skate on the ice with Chevy jerseys followed by car commercials I'd have to accept its just too much consumer whorism for me.

How about we compromise and the players wear baseball caps with logos on them during interviews?

I could deal with that and the companies get their advertising.

Sorry, Jagr, you're the oldest in the league. You have to wear the geritol hat.

Sorry, Zetterberg, you just aren't a believable spokesman for shaving cream.

Yes, Datsyuk, you can have the Dr. Rhamani hat.

For the last time, Perry, you were voted by your peers as the one to wear the Summer's Eve hat.

This could lead to fun on a whole new level.

How about we compromise and the players wear baseball caps with logos on them during interviews?.

This is actually a good idea. I could totally handle that.

If the advertising on the uniform is unavoidable then I'd hope for a small patch on the pants. Hurts me to think of them messing with the jersey. The amway patch on the practice jersey looked terrible.

The caps during interviews would be fine with me too, but from a bargaining standpoint, thats not even a middle ground.

If they kept them small and in the right spot I think they could be relatively okay. Like the lokomotiv commemorative patch, the size and placement was tasteful, but had meaning.

If they kept them around that size id be able to live with it.

Or like the Nike logo used to be on the older jerseys, at the bottom of the jersey, which is part of why I think they Implemented the jersey tuck rule, like they're already setting up the real estate to be visible at all times.

Crap.

If Bettman says ads on jerseys aren't happening soon that means ads on jerseys are probably happening soon.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/630284

Immediate future translates to next week in bettman terms. Which they are still voting on which company will bring in the most money, but coming at the beginning of next seseason fly Emirates will replace all team logos...

So Lucic and Perry will be the spokespersons for Summer's Eve? I'd be afraid of who gets the hat for the ED medication sponsors. Backstrom for whatever OTC med he got tested positive for at the Olympics?

Edited by TheXym

So Lucic and Perry will be the spokespersons for Summer's Eve? I'd be afraid of who gets the hat for the ED medication sponsors. Backstrom for whatever OTC med he got tested positive for at the Olympics?

That was such bullcrap.

Didn't he literally just take over the counter sinus headache stuff, like sudafed?