• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

WJC 2015 Starting today

Rate this topic

Ya. I Don't know who was saying Canada's biggest hole was goaltending. Maybe their d is just that good (haven't been able to watch much) but the goaltending seems to be pretty solid. And the big bad mighty USA was taken down by that "awful" Russian team. Looks like Canada may go for gold this year.

In all fairness, Russia didn't look all that good before that game.

The periods worth of power plays helped.

But still.

It would've been nice seeing a USA Canada final, but I'll settle for extra time watching holmström.

And Canada's d may be that good, but Denmark rarely had the puck.

The puck possession was pretty damn amazing, honestly.

Ya. I Don't know who was saying Canada's biggest hole was goaltending. Maybe their d is just that good (haven't been able to watch much) but the goaltending seems to be pretty solid. And the big bad mighty USA was taken down by that "awful" Russian team. Looks like Canada may go for gold this year.

Goaltending doesn't matter when your oppoent can't get the puck.

That was their weakness for the last few years. This year the rest of the team is so deep that it just doesn't even matter. Neither goalie was even tested, really. Except the last couple minutes of the USA game. But they have been stopping the pucks they should be stopping. That alone is a welcome change.

Yeah, except that they have done it to every single team they have played so far...

And they haven't really met any good opposition yet except possibly team USA who didn't exactly play their best game.

Edited by Ekmanc

I hate how everyone is saying, that USA didn't play their best game, when they played Canada. It definitely has absolutely nothing to do with Canada being the better team does it?...

If I'm not mistaken, you're Swedish? So I can only assume you are saying that Sweden is the team that will give Canada it's first real test? Sweden are a pretty solid team but let's face it, there is no team near as deep and talented as Canada in this World Juniors this year. I'm not saying that they will 100% win gold, but on paper they should. That's why games are played on ice, not paper... and I hope for a good, close game if Canada and Sweden meet in the gold medal game, which I think they will. And I hope Canada come out on top. We'll see...

I hate how everyone is saying, that USA didn't play their best game, when they played Canada. It definitely has absolutely nothing to do with Canada being the better team does it?...

If I'm not mistaken, you're Swedish? So I can only assume you are saying that Sweden is the team that will give Canada it's first real test? Sweden are a pretty solid team but let's face it, there is no team near as deep and talented as Canada in this World Juniors this year. I'm not saying that they will 100% win gold, but on paper they should. That's why games are played on ice, not paper... and I hope for a good, close game if Canada and Sweden meet in the gold medal game, which I think they will. And I hope Canada come out on top. We'll see...

I hope so but I think any team out of US, Sweden, Russia, Finland can give Canada a real good run for their money if they play a good game. It's all in how the game unravels though.

On paper Canada should win the tournament almost every year but yet they haven't won since -09 now.

I think you have an edge against Sweden if we meet in the finals as well but we shall see.

Yeah, Canada should win every hockey game in international play on paper, but it would be ridiculous to think that no team can beat them. They almost always have the best team but they can obviously be beat. I think Canada are the deepest at all positions they've been in some time at the World Juniors tournament. They haven't gotten great goaltending in the past few years, but I think Fucale is capable in coming up with the timely saves, unlike years past.

If Sweden wants to have a chance their goaltending and defense have to be better. Powerplay is crazy good but that alone won't save them against that Canadian machine.

I just hope it won't be a complete blowout. The amount of talent Sweden is producing every year is just awesome

If Sweden wants to have a chance their goaltending and defense have to be better. Powerplay is crazy good but that alone won't save them against that Canadian machine. I just hope it won't be a complete blowout. The amount of talent Sweden is producing every year is just awesome

It is especially impressive when you compare Sweden to other countries per population. They produce a lot of great talent considering they don't have the population of Canada or USA.

Kinda typical Sweden to play the worst game of the tournament when it matters the most.

They look like kids playing against adults out there today.

Good luck Russia in the finals, if you play like you did today you have a good chance at upsetting the canadians.

Kinda typical Sweden to play the worst game of the tournament when it matters the most.

They look like kids playing against adults out there today.

Good luck Russia in the finals, if you play like you did today you have a good chance at upsetting the canadians.

Hopefully Canada isn't already looking ahead at the gold medal game. Do you want upsets Canada? That's how you get upsets.

Our plan worked. We drugged them last night.

Wouldn't surprise me actually considering how we played today, complete lack of energy the entire game.

The only positive thing about this is that more than half our team was -96 or younger so they'll get a new shot next year.

Canada's looking better now. Started slow.

Shots 14-2 in the third. Slovak goalie standing on his head and playing amazing.

Godla is goalie of the tournament imo. He's playing outstanding.

He will get a standing o when he's announced player of the game for Slovakia