• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Leafs Make History

Rate this topic

Well it all starts at the top, Bell and Rogers can't stand each other and there are way too many unknown positions. I wouldn't be surprised if some management people don't know who is responsible for what. Also this team has gone through a lot of philosophy changes in a small amount of time. There was absolutely no reason to change the course after the successful lockout season.. Yeah they've lost against Boston in unbelievable fashion but so what? Dig deep and come back stronger next year. No need to change a working system. Even as a fan of an opposing fan the leafs where fun to watch that year... and then bring in Shanghai, with him a philosophy change and that Dubas guy who both have to learn at the job. But even with all of that this isn't a bad team on paper maybe the pressure is too much and some of their core guys just want out. I mean, at some point every player has to be fed-up with being constantly blamed in the media or in trade talks. Shanahan should have allowed Carlyle to build a Carlyle type of team instead of expecting a different playstyle without a having the right players for it.

I wish you would say these things about the Red Wings sometime Frank :confused:

I just don't understand how any pro sports franchise can be run so poorly. I mean, I know there's only a 1 in 30 shot of winning the Cup every year, but you have over a 50% chance of being a playoff team. It just doesn't seem that hard to put together a roughly competent team once in a while, yet some teams in each sport do so regularly.

They've been trying to rebuild on the fly for years now. It's just not working, but of course it took them way too long to figure that out. Now they say they're committed to a full on rebuild, lets see how that goes for them. Another thing, their fans keep going to games win or lose, so there really is'nt that incentive to do the work needed to put a good product on the ice. If the money keeps pouring in, who cares? Maybe their fans should do like they did in Chicago and Pittsburgh. Boycott games until the team is good enough to spend money to watch. They might actually get their s*** together when it comes down to having a quarter-full arena.

They've been trying to rebuild on the fly for years now. It's just not working, but of course it took them way too long to figure that out. Now they say they're committed to a full on rebuild, lets see how that goes for them. Another thing, their fans keep going to games win or lose, so there really is'nt that incentive to do the work needed to put a good product on the ice. If the money keeps pouring in, who cares? Maybe their fans should do like they did in Chicago and Pittsburgh. Boycott games until the team is good enough to spend money to watch. They might actually get their s*** together when it comes down to having a quarter-full arena.

There were a lot of people in Chicago that didn't even know they had a team. But they have the Cubs, who haven't won in over 100 years! The Leafs are the Cubs of hockey Edited by Yzerfan87