• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrazekFanBoy

So this is why teams hate the wings

Rate this topic

No it's a straight up message check out the interview video.

Maybe Z sucked in the playoffs because the "best coach in all of hockey" was too stale to play for. ;)

Cool fact - Steve Yzerman had only 4 assists in 8 playoff games and a -4 rating in the 2000 playoffs. That was his version of "not playing like a captain in the playoffs". Funny thing is he also lead the regular season in points just like Z did.

It happens. Even to the guys in your avatar.

wow you are right yeah 10 years is long but I still don't like the tune of it. If Z is so eager for a change maybe ask Holland to build a more versatile team one that can react to every opponent ? I am sure the word is out on how to beat the Wings.

I don't know how Blashill is going to coach but I hope he will be hard when it's needed but also a players coach in some situation.

didn't almost every player say that they've hated Scotty 364 days and loved on day 365 ? I don't think a coaches job is to cuddle the players his job is to make them better and push them in a fair way. Is Babcock hard on his players? Yes but I hope Blashill will be too. My biggest fear is some will for sure try to expose his lack of experience by trying to push back but hopefully it's not them trying to pull a Dave Lewis on him.

Edited by frankgrimes

That's what stood out to me - "him and us". Seems pretty clear that the room was tired of Babcock - probably years of minor issues that built up. Guys going to Z or other leaders on the team with their issues. The majority of the players who have been asked about the coaching change mention, in one form or another, about how Blashill treats them with respect/builds good relationships. Seems like an indirect way of saying that Babcock s*** on some of the players during his time in Detroit.

And for the record, I welcome the coaching change. I'm looking forward to seeing what Blashill does with this group. I'm hoping that he allows some of the younger guys to flex their muscles, offensively. I just know that some of the structure he uses is similar to Babs'. I'm just hesitant to get too excited, only to see more of the same.

Edited by Jesusberg

That's what stood out to me - "him and us". Seems pretty clear that the room was tired of Babcock - probably years of minor issues that built up. Guys going to Z or other leaders on the team with their issues. The majority of the players who have been asked about the coaching change mention, in one form or another, about how Blashill treats them with respect/builds good relationships. Seems like an indirect way of saying that Babcock s*** on some of the players during his time in Detroit.

And for the record, I welcome the coaching change. I'm looking forward to seeing what Blashill does with this group. I'm hoping that he allows some of the younger guys to flex their muscles, offensively. I just know that some of the structure he uses is similar to Babs'. I'm just hesitant to get too excited, only to see more of the same.

This seems to be the new trend/style in coaching. The Jon Cooper buddy buddy system. Instead of the old school, no BS, Babs/Scotty way... you show the players respect, come down to their level, work with them, hold their hands, zip up their dresses for them, wipe their bottoms, and braid their hair for them.

Edited by number9

This seems to be the new trend/style in coaching. The Jon Cooper buddy buddy system. Instead of the old school, no BS, Babs/Scotty way... you show the players respect, come down to their level, work with them, hold their hands, zip up their dresses for them, wipe their bottoms, and braid their hair for them.

And it brought them to the Stanley Cup Finals last year. Time for some Red Wings to look pretty.

Edited by Jesusberg