• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BottleOfSmoke

10/17 GDT: Detroit Red Wings @ Montreal Canadiens, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

Just got in, what's the short recap? I have a steak on the grill and a dram of the Macallan poured, so I'm ready to rock his game.

Great, now I'm hungry and thirsty.

Montreal keeps us pressured and trapped in our zone pretty good. We got lucky on two PP against were Ericsson saved a goal and one of the Habs players wasn't able to hit an open net. We got some rushes, don't play that bad but the Habs are the better team right now.

Edited by derblaueClaus

Great, now I'm hungry and thirsty.

Montreal keeps us pressured and trapped in our zone pretty good. We got lucky on two PP against were Ericsson saved a goal and one of the Habs players wasn't able to hit an open net. We got some rushes, don't play that bad but the Habs are the better team right now.

This is pretty accurate. They're not playing terrible, but not great. Fourth line looks good with Helm, and admittedly Anderson.

Thanks for the recaps. Hopefully the hunger rubs off on the Wings for the 2nd.. (Btw, the steak is a perfect medium rare, seasoned with alder smoked salt and fresh ground black pepper and the Macallan is 15 year fine oak).

How has the Green-DeKeyser pair looked?

Zone control is the key against Montreal. Quick two pass from d-zpne to their zone put pressure on their d-men. Hit Subban every chance you get and he'll turn it over. He also gets pissed and will take stupid penalties. Price has got to have bodies infront of him. You have to bump him and get him to start reacting to the presence in front of him. If you let him sit and watch the shots coming in he'll kill you.

Not hard game this hockey. Get out of your zone, get into theirs ASAP, shoot shoot shoot the puck, and then shoot again!