• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/4 GDT : Winnipeg Jets 5, at Red Wings 3

The tune has really changed since the summer. I remember the media and LGW.com was all over Holland when he said the exact words of "I'm not too optimistic about trading Datsyuk's contract".

Now we see the opposite. Just take a look at this article and the top 6 or so comments by the people on the article 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ken-holland--not-overly-optimistic--he-can-trade-datsyuk-s-contract-194609755.html

" Sick and tired of Ken Holland's bulls***, he knew full well for a while now Datsyuk was leaving so why wait so long to make an attempt.  "

" Not surprised, I'm not optimistic Holland can do a single thing to help the wings. "

" Knowing Datsyuk might leave he waits until half of the teams needing to reach the cap floor have already made moves to reach said cap floor.

" holland not being optimistic about being able to trade this contract blows my mind. "

" Would love to hear from holland what teams are supposedly demanding for the contract. This is literally the perfect contract for a team well under the salary cap floor. They wont spend any actual cash and get 7.5 million towards the floor. "

" I keep hoping that Holland will maybe grow some balls and do something this summer, but in the back of my mind I know he won't "

And now we see people online talking about how trading the contract was a dumb decision because Nielsen and his contract suck :lol:

Hindsight....

20 out of 20 baby

Edited by kickazz

9 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The tune has really changed since the summer. I remember the media and LGW.com was all over Holland when he said the exact words of "I'm not too optimistic about trading Datsyuk's contract".

Now we see the opposite. Just take a look at this article and the top 6 or so comments by the people on the article 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ken-holland--not-overly-optimistic--he-can-trade-datsyuk-s-contract-194609755.html

And now we see people online talking about how trading the contract was a dumb decision because Nielsen and his contract suck :lol:

Hindsight....

20 out of 20 baby

Only thing that pissed me off about that contract was losing out on Chychrun. 

I just gotta say (and I know this won't be popular) but I really wish Mikey Redmond would just retire already.

I know he said it should be a goal, I mean we all knew it had to be in the net, but it seemed like he whined about it (and not having the replay the NHL had) for a solid ten minutes. Then he continued to whine about after the league sent them the replay. And as some of us pointed out, you could see the puck on the replay FSD already had and were showing!

I can only imagine how ridiculous that sounded to fans of any other team who don't listen to him often and I can't imagine that the league was too happy about getting s*** on by him even though they got the call right.

6 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

Only thing that pissed me off about that contract was losing out on Chychrun. 

Yep, same here. I don't think signing Nielson was a bad move, but how Holland opened up the cap space for it was, and the contract length is too long. There HAD to be another way. He just waited too long, got screwed on a pick dumping the ghost contract, then had to rush to grab Nielson, giving him the advantage to demand the term and NTC he wanted.