• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Value of trade assets.

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, kliq said:

I was just listening to local radio and they mentioned Trevor van Riemsdyk and Ville Pokka. I dont know much about either.

I don't know a ton about either of them either, but as far as I know, neither project to be anything more than 2nd / 3rd pairing guys. If we're making any trades for depth guys, I'd prefer it to be for bottom 6 forwards than bottom 4 defensemen. Our defense sucks, probably bottom 5 in the league, but we also probably have top 5 in the league depth on defense... While we don't have a single player that projects to be anything more than a number 2 (and I believe even that's being generous), we have about 40 2nd / 3rd pairing guys. I think Robbie Russo for example, projects to be better than either of those guys, and we don't even have room for him now, and maybe not next year either... We need to make some trades quantity for quality. I know that's easier said than done, but in my opinion, giving up Nyquist or Tatar for a bottom 4 defenseman would be a downgrade.

9 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

i heard pierre McGuire on the radio talking about how the canucks regret giving up gustav forsling and how good he was 

forsling and a 2018 1st for Tatar ??? I'd have no problem waiting till 2018 since I heard this year isn't as strong anyways and if we're lucky maybe they'll drop to 20-22nd spot 

Same applies to Forsling for me. I don't think he will ever be anything more than a depth defenseman. I'd pass.

Apparently Sakic said Landeskog is a available for the hefty price of top dman+1st rounder+more. If that price went down, would anyone be interested? Haven't kept tabs on him, but he's a 50+ point, 24 yrs old captan signed long term.

http://www.tsn.ca/landeskog-hopes-to-stay-with-struggling-avs-1.652053

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

8 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Apparently Sakic said Landeskog is a available for the hefty price of top dman+1st rounder+more. If that price went down, would anyone interested? Haven't kept tabs on him, but he's a 50+ point, 24 yrs old captan signed long term.

I personally wouldn't be interested. Our one area of strength I feel is on the wing. If we're giving up assets in a package deal for a top player, I feel like it absolutely has to be for a defenseman. Maybe, I'd consider it for a natural center, depending on where the organization wants to utilize Larkin and Athanasiou going forward, but not for a winger...

Now if the price went WAY down, and we could get him for Tatar, Ouellet, plus (obviously not going to happen), I would in a heartbeat...

Edited by krsmith17

Just now, krsmith17 said:

I personally wouldn't be interested. Our one area of strength I feel is on the wing. If we're giving up assets in a package deal for a top player, I feel like it absolutely has to be for a defenseman. Maybe, I'd consider it for a natural center, depending on where the organization wants to utilize Larkin and Athanasiou going forward, but not for a winger...

Now if the price went WAY down, and we could get him for Tatar, Ouellet and a first (obviously not going to happen), I would in a heartbeat...

Yeah I think that's where I would stand. Top Dman is the big search (obviously the Avs are in that same hunt). 

There's also some rumours about Matt Duchene possibly available and he might be more attractive as a center, but I don't think they'll trade him.