• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Value of trade assets.

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Red Wings fans 2009-2015: "This team needs a top end sniper. Preferably RH. Kenny is an idiot"

2016: Ken gets one

2017: "Trade him for a 2nd." 

:lol: I must have missed where Vanek in 2017 is a top end sniper. He's a solid second line winger, on a 1 year deal. We could maximize the asset by dealing him for value, and re-sign him in the summer.

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

What does keeping Vanek do?  Prevent the team from getting an asset that potentially helps long term and gives them a little better chance of sneaking into the playoffs to get thumped in the first round next year, assuming he doesn't disappear once he gets a multi year contract.

This. His greatest value to this team right now is what he can bring in via trade at the deadline. Re-signing him is meaningless. He'll be hard on the decline by the time the team contends again. This team needs to shed salary. Badly. 

1 hour ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

:lol: I must have missed where Vanek in 2017 is a top end sniper. He's a solid second line winger, on a 1 year deal. We could maximize the asset by dealing him for value, and re-sign him in the summer.

Outside of Zetterberg who on the team has been better than Vanek? Mantha maybe?

Why are we opting to hold on to worse players like Nyquist and Tatar? Ship them out. Hold on to the stuff that actually works like Vanek.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

This. His greatest value to this team right now is what he can bring in via trade at the deadline. Re-signing him is meaningless. He'll be hard on the decline by the time the team contends again. This team needs to shed salary. Badly. 

Hes probably got 5 good years left in him. Oh we can shed salary. Nyquist gone. Tatar gone. Mrazek gone. Jurco gone. 

34 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Why are we opting to hold on to worse players like Nyquist and Tatar? Ship them out. Hold on to the stuff that actually works like Vanek.

We agree on that. I'd love to ship out Nyquist, but teams aren't taking on salary and term at the deadline. Although, Tatar is an RFA this summer, so I'd be all over looking at moving him too. I like Vanek, think he's been a great fit and yes, one of our best players this year. It's for that reason I want the team to move him for assets, and then look at bringing him back in the summer.

But it doesn't matter anymore because this three game winning streak probably has Kenny thinking... 26 YEARS BABY :yahoo:

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah and trading your good players over your bad ones is moronic. But we're gonna be great again once trashill is gone, amirite dick?

:clap:

Edited by sjr2012

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hes probably got 5 good years left in him. Oh we can shed salary. Nyquist gone. Tatar gone. Mrazek gone. Jurco gone. 

Mrazek gone???? Are you for real??? One half of a season where he doesn't look spectacular like he has and he's done? Hes just turning 25 and our defense has been atrocious, don't worry he'll bounce back ... Trading him would be a monumental mistake 

as for vanek I never thought for the life of me id want him to stick around but he's been so god dam good as a redwing , just a perfect fit ... IF we are clearly out of the playoffs then fine trade him but I suspect we will be making some noise as it seems Blashill has finally woken up and seen the kids need to play 

if we trade vanek we'll likely get 24-30th if Chicago or a top team gets him,not many impact players come out in that range 

maybe Holland should get rid of some of the bad contracts he's given (Howard,abdelkader,helm,Ericsson,Nielsen ) and move some guys like tatar/nyquist and a ott,Miller,jurco,smith before looking at someone who's making an impact 

again , this all depends where we  are on trade deadline, if we're 10-15 pts back then yes trade vanek 

11 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Mrazek gone???? Are you for real??? One half of a season where he doesn't look spectacular like he has and he's done? Hes just turning 25 and our defense has been atrocious, don't worry he'll bounce back ... Trading him would be a monumental mistake 

as for vanek I never thought for the life of me id want him to stick around but he's been so god dam good as a redwing , just a perfect fit ... IF we are clearly out of the playoffs then fine trade him but I suspect we will be making some noise as it seems Blashill has finally woken up and seen the kids need to play 

if we trade vanek we'll likely get 24-30th if Chicago or a top team gets him,not many impact players come out in that range 

maybe Holland should get rid of some of the bad contracts he's given (Howard,abdelkader,helm,Ericsson,Nielsen ) and move some guys like tatar/nyquist and a ott,Miller,jurco,smith before looking at someone who's making an impact 

again , this all depends where we  are on trade deadline, if we're 10-15 pts back then yes trade vanek 

Howard's contract is muchhhhh more difficult to move with the amount of term and the NTC. He's also the better goalie. That leaves Mrazek as the odd man out. We cannot commit more money and term to Mrazek this offseason unless he's willing to take a big reduction in pay. Trade him while he's still young.

Besides Helm all those players you listed have NTCs or NMCs. Those are the guys we're keeping like it or not. 

Wow you guys are f***en nuts , Howard plays good for 20-25 games after years of being mediocre and all of a sudden you want to keep the guy who's 7-8 years older who we know will Never win anything

yes mrazek has been struggling but the kid will bounce and needs more starts .... If ericsson goes +20 next 20 games should we all forget he sucks?

islanders/stars/blues need a goalie so we might be able to ship howard

id love trade helm and abdelkaders contract but I already see them on the 4th line and holland saying its a luxury to have them(7-8million combined) to help the kids

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wow you guys are f***en nuts , Howard plays good for 20-25 games after years of being mediocre and all of a sudden you want to keep the guy who's 7-8 years older who we know will Never win anything

yes mrazek has been struggling but the kid will bounce and needs more starts .... If ericsson goes +20 next 20 games should we all forget he sucks?

islanders/stars/blues need a goalie so we might be able to ship howard

id love trade helm and abdelkaders contract but I already see them on the 4th line and holland saying its a luxury to have them(7-8million combined) to help the kids

Yup Howard is mediocre. He's also an established league goaltender. Mrazek is doing god awful and has no such reputation to lean on.

You seem very certain that Howard will definitely never win anything and Mrazek will definately bounce back. But you don't know either of those things. That's just what you would personally like to happen.

You also seem to not understand what an NTC or NMC are.

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Players with NTC get traded all the time. If Holland has a deal with a better team that would use Jimmy as a starter, Jimmy would probably waive his NTC. NMC are a different story, but they aren't unmovable. 

Players with NTCs only get traded when they want to be. This has been Howards home for a while now, he has kids, and hes the clear #1 goalie. Not goin anywhere.

22 hours ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

Hes 20th in ppg in the league. And 8th best RW in the league ppg wise. I guess you did miss it.

9, Dude, you're smoking the reefer if you think they'll trade Mrazek. Howard is in his final season with Detroit. He will be either traded, claimed or bought out.

Players with NTC get moved all the time and not just because they want to. They get asked to submit a list of teams they will or will not go to. Kesler being one of the more recent players, Marty st. Louis was another. You don't seem to understand how it works..sure they can always NOT waive the clause, that is the control they have. Jimmy may very well not waive it because he doesn't want to leave, but by no means does it make him unmovable. If he wants to play as a #1, he'll waive it. If he wants to not play, then he won't and he'll either watch Mrazek and Coreau next season or get bought out...or maybe be waived. A NTC doesn't prevent that either.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

9, Dude, you're smoking the reefer if you think they'll trade Mrazek. Howard is in his final season with Detroit. He will be either traded, claimed or bought out.

Players with NTC get moved all the time and not just because they want to. They get asked to submit a list of teams they will or will not go to. Kesler being one of the more recent players, Marty st. Louis was another. You don't seem to understand how it works..sure they can always NOT waive the clause, that is the control they have. Jimmy may very well not waive it because he doesn't want to leave, but by no means does it make him unmovable. If he wants to play as a #1, he'll waive it. If he wants to not play, then he won't and he'll either watch Mrazek and Coreau next season or get bought out...or maybe be waived. A NTC doesn't prevent that either.

I really dont think Howard will be bought out. I would rather stick it out for two more years then have a cap hit for 4.

Lefty, havent you been saying that Howard is done with us for about 3 years now lol? At the end of the day, none of us know. If the right team at the right time is looking for a goalie and Howard wants to go, sure it will probably happen. If the timing is not right, he's likely here for at least the next 2 years.

I just can't see them risking putting Coreau on waivers. Perfect backup. Why stick with an injury prone goalie who hasn't amounted to anything much and who is now overpaid in his 30's? It is a business afterall. Sure, we'd be on the hook for four years with a buy out, but at a very reduced rate...

$1,833,334

$2,583,334

$1,541,667

$1,541,667

I'm very much super ok with that.

Vanek for 1st round pick. Not the stupid 2nd round 60th crap pick from Chicago (because you know they'll end up being the last pick).

Anyone who actually wants a 2nd round Chicago pick officially has no room to criticize Holland. 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I dont think you realize how it works. No Trade Clase, as in NO TRADE. Both your examples are crap. Kesler wanted to be traded as did St Louis lol.

Howard IS the starter. Coreau IS the backup. Mrazek is completely out of work with this team. Thats how bad hes been. Howard doesnt need to be traded to be a #1 lmao

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I dont think you realize how it works. No Trade Clase, as in NO TRADE. Both your examples are crap. Kesler wanted to be traded as did St Louis lol.

Howard IS the starter. Coreau IS the backup. Mrazek is completely out of work with this team. Thats how bad hes been. Howard doesnt need to be traded to be a #1 lmao

Coreau has only played 9 NHL games. We're not really considering him our backup already, are we?

I've liked what I seen from him, but it's definitely not the type of performance to start planning the future around. He has a 3.04 GAA so far. That's nothing to get too excited about. He looks like he might be a good backup in the future if we traded someone, but to say that he's already stolen Mrazek's spot is crazy to me.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

27 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Howard picks 8 teams he won't go to. It's not a complete ntc

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Ya that's true, but if the right teams are picked, in some way it essentially becomes one.

Anyway, since next season, I´d consider also Franzen´s contract to be traded. It´s nearly 4M hit (and his wage partialy covered by insurance), maybe Arizona will search for next Pronger&Dacjuk, also Doan´s 5M won´t happen next year. 

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

There are so many levels of wrong in this post. Not even going to waste any more time. 

5 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Coreau has only played 9 NHL games. We're not really considering him our backup already, are we?

I've liked what I seen from him, but it's definitely not the type of performance to start planning the future around. He has a 3.04 GAA so far. That's nothing to get too excited about. He looks like he might be a good backup in the future if we traded someone, but to say that he's already stolen Mrazek's spot is crazy to me.

This.

I feel like ChristopherReevesLegs level of hate for Mrazek right now, is on par with a past user... number9's hate for Brendan Smith... Maybe it's because he's being hyped so much, the same way Smith was back then, but I really don't get why you would be so adamant on giving up on a player with such a high ceiling... Mrazek is still the goalie of the future, despite his struggles. He will find his game again and be a very good, possibly great starter for us for many years. People seem to forget that Petr is still just 24 (25 next month) years old. How old was Jimmy when he made the Wings full time? 24 or 25 wasn't he? Mrazek will be fine.

I still say we trade Howard if it all possible, and go into next season with Mrazek and Coreau. Very good tandem in my opinion.

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

Vanek for 1st round pick. Not the stupid 2nd round 60th crap pick from Chicago (because you know they'll end up being the last pick).

Anyone who actually wants a 2nd round Chicago pick officially has no room to criticize Holland. 

I agree. The only way I'm okay with a late 2nd for Vanek, is if a decent prospect is coming along with it...