• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

Red Wings vs. Penguins @ the Joe - 7:00PM EST

50 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

I dunno. Both were very pretty. AA actually had the puck poked checked when he tried making the move and was fortunate it then hit the defenders skate which kept the puck in his path. Datsyuk beat everyone cleanly. I give the nod to Dats

Datsyuk's drive was pure skill but his goal (when it actually went in) was lucky. AA's shot was beautiful and cleanly beat the goalie. Was a goal scorers goal imo, put it exactly where he wanted to. I strongly believe AA's goal will be goal of the year. Wasn't Datsyuk's goal of the year too by TSN that year? 

Edited by kickazz

19 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I didn't post in this thread until after the game, and my post ended up on page 2.    :unhappy:

13 minutes ago, Wing-in-avs-town said:

How times have changed :-(

Blame the franchise for reaching a new level of suck. 

18 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

What a game! My first at the Joe, lower bowl, row 9, where the Wings shot twice. I couldn't believe we got scored on the first sog, and then felt a bit nervous about how Ericsson was floating around before putting the puck in our own net, again... smh. But to witness the miracle that happened afterwards was amazing. I couldn't believe the refs disallowed that Pens goal and everything from that point on was pure excitement. I started chanting AA! AA! just when he took the puck and deked between all of those pinkwins and scored. We did the wave, at least in my section, and tried to get on Fleury's nerves. and I think I saw the guy who threw an octopus and made a thread about it last season. I couldn't have asked for a better game to be my first, to get to sing Journey out loud with my fellow Detroiters, and better yet, against Pittsburgh.

Tomorrow I'm meeting AA, AntMan, Danny D, Green, Sproul and Ouellet at an autograph signing. So I have to cut short the celebration tonight in order to get up on time tomorrow and travel there.

Don't stop believing and LGRW!!!

IMG_20170114_181038.jpg

Edit: wanted to share this beautiful thought about the city of Detroit with y'all

"A star is born through immense pressure, and we have had our fare share. That beacon of light you see in the dark, is our fair city rising from the night sky"

-FEL3000Ft (graffiti artist)

No Crosby suck chants?  Last game I went to against them there was an epic chant.  That was the game that Jimmy face-washed him.  Ahhh the memories.

27 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

No Crosby suck chants?  Last game I went to against them there was an epic chant.  That was the game that Jimmy face-washed him.  Ahhh the memories.

Well, we booed him and then started mocking him when he got sent to the sin bin, and a kid with a cry baby penguin shirt was shown on the jumbotron. Good Times, good times. 

6 hours ago, kickazz said:

Datsyuk's drive was pure skill but his goal (when it actually went in) was lucky. AA's shot was beautiful and cleanly beat the goalie. Was a goal scorers goal imo, put it exactly where he wanted to. I strongly believe AA's goal will be goal of the year. Wasn't Datsyuk's goal of the year too by TSN that year? 

14845366051632670.gif

2 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

Well, we booed him and then started mocking him when he got sent to the sin bin, and a kid with a cry baby penguin shirt was shown on the jumbotron. Good Times, good times. 

2 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

I also went to Hockey Town Cafe to catch the shuttle from there to that game.  When we were in there waiting, they were announcing peoples' names who are waiting for a table.  So they announce table for Crosby (I'm sure it was done on purpose) and there was a loud boo through the whole restaurant.  It was epic lol.  

2 hours ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

14845366051632670.gif

Seriously, that flick of a wrist shot was amazing.

Interesting though, Datsyuk went end to end but AA actually went from our faceoff dot, caused Malkin and Wilson to hit each other on accident (which was hilarious btw if anyone noticed) and then skated  back behind our net and THEN end to end lol. Watch this video from the beginning closely, it's actually hilarious. 

Edited by kickazz

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Seriously, that flick of a wrist shot was amazing.

Interesting though, Datsyuk went end to end but AA actually went from our faceoff dot, caused Malkin and Wilson to hit each other on accident (which was hilarious btw if anyone noticed) and then skated  back behind our net and THEN end to end lol. Watch this video from the beginning closely, it's actually hilarious. 

Didn't notice that lol.

Malkins backcheck after that is horrible.