• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/20 GDT - Red Wings at Sabres - 7:00 PM EST

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

If there was another penalty called, we would have been down 5 on 3. So while a team can't play with less than 3, the other team can play with up to 5 if there are two or more penalties called against.

Terrible missed call on DeKeyser's clear attempt though. That goal should have never happened the way it did. Should have never got to that point anyway. Oh well...

The Mrazek hate is even more annoying than the Franzen hate a few years back. Mrazek played great last night and had zero support in front of him. But sure, blame the goalie. Anyone who blames Mrazek in that game, will not convince me they watched the game. You looked at the box scores and came here to b**** that Mrazek sucks...

That would be a good penalty though, 5 on 3 or not, there was about 30 seconds left in the game. Surely enough time to score, but everything would've had to have gone perfect. In OT with that little time left, you destroy anyone that is in front of the net, especially if your already killing a penalty, your odds are pretty good that it doesn't get called, and again, even if it did...30 seconds. But hey, I'm just a commoner, not an elite hockey mind.

I do blame the refs for not calling the hook, although DD did his best Crosby after he was falling down, but at the very least blow the whistle call the hook and the embellishment. I willing to bet the ref was thinking about it until DD threw his glove and arm up int he air and gave the "argh" face like he was accosted. I also blame the refs for calling a damn weak hook on Nielsen. Most definitely less impactfull than the non-call. Nielsen was in the open ice, the one DD lead directly to a giveaway that lead to the goal. But of course the replay on NHL.com doesn't go back that far to show the mistake by their sacred refs.

Mrazek was good. He surely wasn't the reason they lost. I agreed with Mickey when he said he was the #1 star regardless of the result. To say the 2nd goal was a perfect shot and not a weak goal against isn't correct. Mrazek has a habit of making himself way too compact when he gets deep in his net. This leaves quite a bit of open space. Just look at all the space he afforded on the goal. 

45d70a4a13.jpg

That being said the reason we lost last night was because DD is playing like you expect a guy who never got drafted to play and the PP is horrible. Yes the PP did get the first goal but I have never seen a 4 on 3 overtime PP look as bad as it did last night. The game should have been ended then and never gotten to the point where it was in the refs hands to miss a call.

On another note. Holy crap Mom. Ive never seen you like that. You guys better watch yourself before she grabs the switch!

That's the Swedish way to play now-a-days...you see in the pic both gus and hank trying to play the puck and big erection did his puck swiping in OT. That is why we need players with a take the body mentality. Lidstrom was an anomaly, he had the best stick check in the world...there is no more lidstroms in the nhl, especially on our team.

If Holland drafts that Liljegren kid, I will blow a gasket. Sorry, but that's reality. You want more soft stick swiping or do you want players that clear the net? There are good players out there like that, who can do both, have some finesse and use the body. This team can't even protect their finesse players. They couldn't or won't clear the front of the net if they wanted to. E should've been all over Okposo. Tackle him. Do something physical, especially in that situation where a penalty would've been the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

That's the Swedish way to play now-a-days...you see in the pic both gus and hank trying to play the puck and big erection did his puck swiping in OT. That is why we need players with a take the body mentality. Lidstrom was an anomaly, he had the best stick check in the world...there is no more lidstroms in the nhl, especially on our team.

If Holland drafts that Liljegren kid, I will blow a gasket. Sorry, but that's reality. You want more soft stick swiping or do you want players that clear the net? There are good players out there like that, who can do both, have some finesse and use the body. This team can't even protect their finesse players. They couldn't or won't clear the front of the net if they wanted to. E should've been all over Okposo. Tackle him. Do something physical, especially in that situation where a penalty would've been the right thing to do.

Datsyuk had a better stick than Lidstrom hunybunch. 

Also back on your usual racist/stereotyping the Swedish players eh? I thought we ended that crap after your years of whining about how the Swedes value international games over the Red Wings (until they sat out the international games last year and you finally admitted defeat).

Look again, O'Rielly was our American boy Dekeyser's man who fell flat and lost his man. 

Yer lookin the wrong way DK!

dDQM35h.png

Edited by kickazz

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

If there was another penalty called, we would have been down 5 on 3. So while a team can't play with less than 3, the other team can play with up to 5 if there are two or more penalties called against.

Terrible missed call on DeKeyser's clear attempt though. That goal should have never happened the way it did. Should have never got to that point anyway. Oh well...

The Mrazek hate is even more annoying than the Franzen hate a few years back. Mrazek played great last night and had zero support in front of him. But sure, blame the goalie. Anyone who blames Mrazek in that game, will not convince me they watched the game. You looked at the box scores and came here to b**** that Mrazek sucks...

Blame the goalie/QB/pitcher... Detroit sports! :P 

11 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Datsyuk had a better stick than Lidstrom hunybunch. 

Also back on your usual racist/stereotyping the Swedish players eh? I thought we ended that crap after your years of whining about how the Swedes value international games over the Red Wings (until they sat out the international games last year and you finally admitted defeat).

Look again, O'Rielly was our American boy Dekeyser's man who fell flat and lost his man. 

Yer lookin the wrong way DK!

dDQM35h.png

Absolutely DD got man handled. No argument there, but you also have photo and video footage of the style of play of hank, gus and e. Swipe swipe no touchy. Has nothing to do with racism or international play. Btw, watch the video, DD got schooled, but he wasn't looking the wrong way, he got thrown down like a doll. Continue the video and watch hank and gus swing at the puck instead of take the body. 

Didn't I just give lidstrom the ultimate compliment? You won't bait me brother.

36 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Absolutely DD got man handled. No argument there, but you also have photo and video footage of the style of play of hank, gus and e. Swipe swipe no touchy. Has nothing to do with racism or international play. Btw, watch the video, DD got schooled, but he wasn't looking the wrong way, he got thrown down like a doll. Continue the video and watch hank and gus swing at the puck instead of take the body. 

Didn't I just give lidstrom the ultimate compliment? You won't bait me brother.

I'm not baiting you lol. Will people stop acting so childish and crying about almost every argument against them as being baiting and trolling? I've seen it like 3 times since yesterday. Some of you have no idea what baiting/trolling really is. 

In regards to the play, what do you expect them to do? Gus was by the blue line rushing back to O'riely, Z was trying to go in front of the next then skate over to O'Riely, idk wtf Ericsson was doing. The responsibility lies on Dekeyser for losing his man to begin with. And obviously Dekeyser wasn't looking the wrong way, that was a joke  to caption the picture.

People bite hard in this league whether they're Swedish or American, get that out of your head dude. And come on, are you really trying to put Z in the same sentence as Gus and Ericsson when it comes to defensive IQ? I mean it's no question he isn't the same defensively he was a few years ago but where were you the last 14 years when he was playing Crosby, Malkin, Toews and being nominated for Selke etc.

Edited by kickazz

16 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Highlights....if you want to know why we lost, watch the GWG, Ericsson is such a horrible hockey player. What the hell is he trying to do, sweep the ice away?

He's on a roll there. Has gotten a goal in our own net in each of the past games (when we've been scored against). When Kronner's back, please put Errorson on waivers instead of risking losing either Sproul or Jensen.

Edit: lol, I read you like Hulk Hogan with the "you won't bait me brother" comment

Edited by NerveDamage