• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Same old song ?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

so with trg camp almost here, will we here the same old spiel from the coaching staff that the best players will play and then see any player that has outplayed a vet be sent down? Or will we see a changing in attitude and maybe someone will stick around after a good camp. I would hope that those that do perform are given a chance and any vet that has gone all summer thinking he just needs to show up for his roster spot given a kick up the arse by being sent to GR.

On that point do we actually think we have any rookies or prospects that could give the coaching staff food for thought by blowing them all away in camp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad but true.......Until Ken Holland is let go, we will continue to be a mediocre team at best. Chowkowski will be his ultimate failure, the kid is going to be awful, just wait and see. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kjw25 said:

Sad but true.......Until Ken Holland is let go, we will continue to be a mediocre team at best. Chowkowski will be his ultimate failure, the kid is going to be awful, just wait and see. 

 

What about his game makes you think this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

so with trg camp almost here, will we here the same old spiel from the coaching staff that the best players will play and then see any player that has outplayed a vet be sent down? Or will we see a changing in attitude and maybe someone will stick around after a good camp. I would hope that those that do perform are given a chance and any vet that has gone all summer thinking he just needs to show up for his roster spot given a kick up the arse by being sent to GR.

On that point do we actually think we have any rookies or prospects that could give the coaching staff food for thought by blowing them all away in camp?

Like kliq said, I think our roster is pretty much set in stone already. Maybe if we had a couple vacancies, things would be different, but I just don't see Holland calling up a waiver exempt player to send down a waiver eligible player.

I think it's possible that a player like Svechnikov could have a strong camp and out-produce some players, but I don't necessarily think that means he deserves a spot in Detroit right away either. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a spot, but my personal opinion is that he needs another half to full season down in Grand Rapids. Svech had a very good rookie season, but I'd like to see him build off that and become a dominant, point per game (or close to it) player before he gets the call in Detroit. I'd like to see Frk have a strong camp and make the team as a 3rd line, power-play specialist. If he can be utilized similarly to Vanek, playing sheltered minutes, getting offensive zone starts and time on the power-play, I think he could be a good addition to our bottom six / power-play. He's out of options (again), so this could be his last shot at any sort of chance in the NHL.

7 hours ago, kjw25 said:

Sad but true.......Until Ken Holland is let go, we will continue to be a mediocre team at best. Chowkowski will be his ultimate failure, the kid is going to be awful, just wait and see. 

I somewhat agree with the first part, but completely disagree with the part regarding Cholowski. By "ultimate failure" and "awful", I assume you mean he won't even crack the NHL? That's ridiculous to me. Cholowski has all the tools to become a very good top 4 (possibly even a top pair) defenseman. And that's about what you should expect from a mid to later first round pick. He has great vision, is a great skater and passer, which in my opinion are the 3 main qualities you should look for in a defenseman. I have high hopes for Cholo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Amazing! Another Ken Holland thread.

Since we're on the topic. Did Ken Holland's daughter get married? Was Mike Babcock invited? Or did Holland say "NO YOU TRAITOR GO ROT IN TORONTO"

Its the same thing every off-season. It's like a collective temper tantrum/pity party, when certain posters don't get what they want. 

Not saying I agree with all of Holland's moves, or that it shouldn't be discussed but when every thread turns into the exact same thing you can see why so many posters just stop posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kliq said:

Its the same thing every off-season. It's like a collective temper tantrum/pity party, when certain posters don't get what they want. 

Not saying I agree with all of Holland's moves, or that it shouldn't be discussed but when every thread turns into the exact same thing you can see why so many posters just stop posting.

The forum is no longer about the Red Wings. It's about Kenneth Holland.

Now seriously someone answer my question. What's the scoop? Was Babcock invited to Lady Holland's wedding?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kickazz said:

The forum is no longer about the Red Wings. It's about Kenneth Holland.

Now seriously someone answer my question. What's the scoop? Was Babcock invited to Lady Holland's wedding?!?!

Babcock refused to bend the knee to house Holland.  He's called his bannermen to prepare for war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this