• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/23 GDT - Red Wings @ Bruins - 1:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Just now, brett said:

Glad abs gets so much playing time. He really deserves to be out there in the last minute. Def more then AA or Mantha

Abs is such a waste. So sick and tired of hearing about "grit." We don't need grit, we need players who can score goals! 

This loss drops the Wings to 27th in the league.

https://www.nhl.com/standings

2nd Wild Card team -- NYI -- has 42 points. That's 9 more points than we have.

3rd place in the Atlantic -- TOR -- has 43 points. That's 10 more points than we have.

28th in the league -- OTT -- has 30 points. That's 3 fewer than our 33 -- and they have two games in hand. And their team is better than our team, at least on paper.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Dabura's Thoughts - 12/23 Edition

I know our biggest area of need is defense. I know after every loss, the big takeaway is "Our defense blows."

I won't deny it. We need help on defense. We need that help in the worst way.

But I'm going to re-assert a point I've made every now and then over the past few years. Which is that we need gamebreaking high-percentage shooters almost as badly as we need that legit top pairing on the back end.

To me, the story of our past few seasons is, arguably, "We played 'em real close, but they converted their chances and we didn't. If we get one more goal tonight, it's a totally different game/series."

To me, the story of our season thus far is the same. We get chances. We get lots and lots of chances. We get lots and lots of chances every night, even against top teams. You could say that it's the other teams' superior defense groups that keep us from converting, and there's probably a lot of truth to that. But, even so, the fact that we're generating the chances we're generating suggests maybe this idea that every team not named the Red Wings has a solid defense group is overstating things a bit.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

Dabura's Thoughts - 12/23 Edition

I know our biggest area of need is defense. I know after every loss, the big takeaway is "Our defense blows."

I won't deny it. We need help on defense. We need that help in the worst way.

But I'm going to re-assert a point I've made every now and then over the past few years. Which is that we need gamebreaking high-percentage shooters almost as badly as we need that legit top pairing on the back end.

To me, the story of our past few seasons is, arguably, "We played 'em real close, but they converted their chances and we didn't. If we get one more goal tonight, it's a totally different game/series."

To me, the story of our season thus far is the same. We get chances. We get lots and lots of chances. We get lots and lots of chances every night, even against top teams. You could say that it's the other teams' superior defense groups that keep us from converting, and there's probably a lot of truth to that. But, even so, the fact that we're generating the chances we're generating suggests maybe this idea that every team not named the Red Wings has a solid defense group is overstating things a bit.

I'm definitely with the 'we need a legit #1 D' as our biggest need, but I also can't argue that we don't also need elite goal scorers as well. We got a lot of problems, obviously. Here's part of me hoping we tank to possibly fill one of those needs with a sure-fire, can't miss superstar next draft:

image.png.0cfb9e8eadee7e9986f1475b4f06f2cb.png

4 minutes ago, datterberg1340 said:

I'm definitely with the 'we need a legit #1 D' as our biggest need, but I also can't argue that we don't also need elite goal scorers as well. We got a lot of problems, obviously. Here's part of me hoping we tank to possibly fill one of those needs with a sure-fire, can't miss superstar next draft:

image.png.0cfb9e8eadee7e9986f1475b4f06f2cb.png

There are few things in the world that I want more than to see the Wings get one of the top three picks in this upcoming draft.

Maybe that makes me a bad person. Maybe I need to re-evaluate my priorities in life. I don't care. I want Dahlin/Svechnikov/Boqvist.

(Take note, Santa.)

Know thyself (as in our team). I'm up about 250 on RW bets only this season which has gone directly on presents. In a sense Red Wings is my Santa.

I hate to say it but I would love if we had someone like Marchand. Yes he is a dirty rat, loudmouth and gets under your skin by default. But man can he play hockey.

He distracts any opposing team. I'd love having him on the Wings.