• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/14 GDT - Red Wings @ Blackhawks - 12:30 PM EST (NBC)

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Didn't get to see the game, had to work. Was Mrazek actually good? Or were the Hawks just Toews-like today?

He stopped every shot he faced. He was as good as he needed to be. 

The defence actually played quite well in front of him though.

Zetterberg: "It’s good to see (Bertuzzi) get his first one. Obviously, he’s going to count many more after that. I thought he’s been playing well ever since he got called up. He’s a smart player. He does things right and is unselfish".

Edited by kickazz

Manta reminds me Robert Lang, because he's lazy and he sucks... at times, when he decides not to show up. At other times (one or two so far this season), when he make an effort, this team can beat anybody.
What's up with this guy? I meant Manta, not Lang...

18 minutes ago, ami said:

Manta reminds me Robert Lang, because he's lazy and he sucks... at times, when he decides not to show up. At other times (one or two so far this season), when he make an effort, this team can beat anybody.

To me Mantha is still a deer in headlights. Lots of stuff happening and he's absorbing, finding his role. What you see on the ice is the innate abilities he's had the last 5 years. He's listening but mostly still going on instinct. Internalization of knowledge takes time.
What you want is 'Mantha', the hardened, mentally coming to grips with who he is on this team and in this league, coupled with 10-20 pounds more muscle and the tricks and trades that comes with experience. For instance the intrinsic balance to pull of an elaborate shot despite 200 pounds of muscle leaning on you at speed.
He might not reach there. But if he does Franzen will look like a shadow in comparison in my opinion, i.e higher ceiling.

Edited by Jacksoni

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

Zetterberg: "It’s good to see (Bertuzzi) get his first one. Obviously, he’s going to count many more after that. I thought he’s been playing well ever since he got called up. He’s a smart player. He does things right and is unselfish".

Happy for Bert. Sudbury produces some damn good hockey players.

4 hours ago, ami said:

Where's the neg button?

23 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

To me Mantha is still a deer in headlights. Lots of stuff happening and he's absorbing, finding his role. What you see on the ice is the innate abilities he's had the last 5 years. He's listening but mostly still going on instinct. Internalization of knowledge takes time.

So what you are saying here basically confirms my remark. If he has been demonstrating his natural talent for 5 years without learning, that means he is either lazy (should work more and often) or he sucks (cannot learn fast enough or at all)... In any case, watching him playing is a pain. Multi-year long expectation has not matched reality. But it turns out it's only me so sensitive to that kind of a pain, so never mind.

Edited by ami

45 minutes ago, ami said:

So what you are saying here basically confirms my remark. If he has been demonstrating his natural talent for 5 years without learning, that means he is either lazy (should work more and often) or he sucks (cannot learn fast enough or at all)... In any case, watching him playing is a pain. Multi-year long expectation has not matched reality. But it turns out it's only me so sensitive to that kind of a pain, so never mind.

He's 3rd on the team in overall points with 29, 1st in goals with 15, 2nd in power-play points with 9, tied for 1st in power-play goals with 6, tied for 2nd in game winning goals with 2... All this in his sophomore season.

No, he doesn't look totally engaged every game, and certainly not every shift, but he's producing and playing well. If you're expecting more hustle out of the big man, you haven't been paying attention to his game. He's never going to be the type of player to be all out for 18+ minutes a night, he never has been. Most pure goal scorers aren't.

I don't really think the criticism is warranted, but I do believe he has more to offer. He'll get there. I expect a big second half out of him, topping 30 goals, and even bigger season next year.