• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Next contracts for the young guns

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Here is something what could pretty realistic IMO, but it only gives up $3.6-ish in cap space, so no JT.

image.thumb.png.68fafde65ea985fbdaa8a53a860a1aaa.png

...and this is IF the cap goes up to $79M. Still no guarantee that'll happen.

I'd be totally shocked if Detroit iced a team anywhere close to this, Both Blashill and Holland have pretty much stated that both Evgeny Svechnikov and Michael Rasmussen will be up with Detroit this coming fall. 

7 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

I'd be totally shocked if Detroit iced a team anywhere close to this, Both Blashill and Holland have pretty much stated that both Evgeny Svechnikov and Michael Rasmussen will be up with Detroit this coming fall. 

Link? I have my doubts... I'm sure they'll be given a shot, just like every other player every other year, but I've never heard anything definitive from Holland or Blashill about either being "up with Detroit this coming fall"... I highly doubt Rasmussen makes the team out of camp next year. He's likely another year away. Svechnikov has a shot (Holland did say he will get a look down the stretch), but even that's no guarantee.

1 hour ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

They better clear some cap then. The only UFA that was signed was Green on my roster. Odds are, he will be back, everyone else is already there.  I am still holding out hope that the three young guns take a lessor contract, but I was just trying to be reasonable.

This is where Hollands over-trusting, over-valueing of older Wings bites us in the ass. To stay competitive in this league, sometimes you got to do stuff thats tough, that leaves a bad taste, that might piss off people at first...but that'll help you tremendously long term. Like, trading away Kronner and his 1,5 knees right now, if the Yotes take him on, to be able to offer for Tavares.

Or able to trade for Karlsson, if the Sens wanna go rebuild, picks should do it, even though it would need a lot of them. But for a 27year old DMen, about whom I've never read a single negative word regarding work ethic, preparation, professionalism, off-season discipline? Worth it, because he'll remain outstanding to his mid 30s.

3 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

This is where Hollands over-trusting, over-valueing of older Wings bites us in the ass. To stay competitive in this league, sometimes you got to do stuff thats tough, that leaves a bad taste, that might piss off people at first...but that'll help you tremendously long term. Like, trading away Kronner and his 1,5 knees right now, if the Yotes take him on, to be able to offer for Tavares.

Or able to trade for Karlsson, if the Sens wanna go rebuild, picks should do it, even though it would need a lot of them. But for a 27year old DMen, about whom I've never read a single negative word regarding work ethic, preparation, professionalism, off-season discipline? Worth it, because he'll remain outstanding to his mid 30s.

I don't know, I dont think Holland has been shy of making moves that piss people off lol.

If you consider "extending everyone, whos been around long enough, until they need a wheelchair" a "move"..then he made a lot of those "moves". ;)

Oh, and trading talent for worthless rentals, another premier skill of his.

Seems to me, dude is just really bad at keeping stuff together without killing every flexibilty. If he were only on rebuilding teams and doing only trades like Tatar and Smith, he would be cheered by everybody.

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

On 3/1/2018 at 11:42 AM, chaps80 said:

Jury is still out on Mrazek. He hasn’t really missed a step since being moved. Wait and see how he does the rest of the season/playoffs at least. You seem like you hope he doesn’t succeed. If anything, you should hope he does succeed so the pick gets better. 

Smith though, definite fail. Holland fleeced the Rags, then they screwed themselves. 

Care to take another stab? I hope he does succeed, but each time he fails he confirms how big of a slappy you've been on this board for the last year, and I appreciate that.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Care to take another stab? I hope he does succeed, but each time he fails he confirms how big of a slappy you've been on this board for the last year, and I appreciate that.

Yeah, he's been pretty bad.  In the 6 games since the trade, 2 games have been good and 4 have been awful.

24 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

And a good number of Flyer fans over at HF Boards think Hextall took Holland to the cleaners...

Hard to say....if Flyers do well, Detroit gets more and for good reason....if Mrazek sucks and Flyers do poorly, they basically get him for free....but is that really taking some to the cleaners?  Yeah, didn't really give up much of anything.....but you aren't getting good in return either.

Perhaps the suggestion is that the maximum being given should all conditions be met (unlikely), they still think they aren't giving much.