• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristopherReevesLegs

Which Goalie Will Have The Better Season?

Rate this topic

Goalie Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

Ok, it's not about performance, it's about being appreciated... for performance, which it isn't about. But you're wrong anyway.

10-11 MacDonald outperformed him. 13-14 Gustavsson was only marginally below, and Mrazek better in his handful of games. The next two seasons Mrazek was better by a decent margin. Even last year Mrazek was about the same with the Wings. All in all, Howard has only been notably better in 4 out of 9 years, worse in 3, and 2 about the same. And Bernier and Howard have similar career numbers, with Bernier better recently aside from Jimmy's fluke 16-17 year.

Stop clinging to s*** Howard did 6+ years ago. Even if he was unfairly criticized back then, and even if Bernier isn't any better, we should still be looking for a replacement.

I'm sorry that you had trouble reading my original posts, I've posted them both again for you below (combined)

This is exactly why I vouch for Howard.

Young Mrazek hits the scene, and the immediate reaction of this fan-base is to completely throw Howard under the bus. But what do you know, Mrazek turns out to be a complete bust... did the fan-base learn their lesson? No, the moment we sign Bernier, everyone upvotes Bernier, the guy who failed to keep a job with the Leafs, Kings, Ducks, or Avs, as the next starting goaltender. Now Benier sucks too, but will this lead to anyone actually appreciating Howard? Doubtful.

It's s shame in my book. Jimmy has been a career Red Wing, gets little to no appreciation for his service, continually outperforms the other goalies this fanbase swears by, Yet NO ONE recognizes him for that.

I'd easily say Howard is average, but I'd also easily say he's the most unappreciated Wing.

Howard could be well above average, and this fanbase will still root for the guy behind him.

First full paragraph: I guess what I was trying to go for here was "Look how you were all wrong about Mrazek, and now Bernier, this fanbase doesn't appreciate Howard, you'd think ya'll would have learned better by now, haha go Jimmy" and you'll notice in the last sentence there I included a clue that lets you know I'm speaking about the "appreciation" for Jimmy Howard.

Now Benier sucks too, but will this lead to anyone actually appreciating Howard? Doubtful.

Did you spot it yet?

How about now?

Now Benier sucks too, but will this lead to anyone actually appreciating Howard? Doubtful.

Truly a dead give away once you spot it!

Second little mini paragraph: Here I was more or less trying to convey that Howard has always ended up winning the starting job during his time here, and that no one recognizes or appreciates him for that. The key with this one, and how you know I'm speaking about the appreciation for Howard, is another sneaky lil clue I included.

Jimmy has been a career Red Wing, gets little to no appreciation for his service, continually outperforms the other goalies this fanbase swears by, Yet NO ONE recognizes him for that.

Have trouble seeing it?

Try now

Jimmy has been a career Red Wing, gets little to no appreciation for his service, continually outperforms the other goalies this fanbase swears by, Yet NO ONE recognizes him for that.

That's a tough one, I can see how you missed that one

Next:

I'd easily say Howard is average, but I'd also easily say he's the most unappreciated Wing.

I forget what I meant here... performance or appreciation... I did say he was average I guess, that's kinda about his performance I guess... WAIT! THERE IT IS.

Almost missed it myself. I guess I musta been trying to say he's unappreciated or something.

Lastly:

Howard could be well above average, and this fanbase will still root for the guy behind him.

Easy one. I meant something along the lines of "no matter what Howard does, he will still be unappreciated"

Seems like this whole concept of "appreciation" might be a theme I got going here, but DON'T WORRY, I can TOTALLY see how you got "performance" out of all that. I did type the word "outperforms" once, and basically didn't talk about it all.

On to the blue,

Not sure what you're trying to prove here. Are you trying to suggest Gustavsson, MacDonald, and Mrazek are better goalies than Howard based on stats? I wouldn't make that case, but I implore you to do so if you like. Again, I'm STILL team Howard, even if you want to pigeon hole this into stats. Howard has better career totals in GAA and SV% than Bernier. I won't break that one down for you, I trust you can look that up.

Your kinda just proving my point here. You know the one about how no one appreciates Howard and everyone's always rooting for the next guy.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

53 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Isn't this whole conversation kinda like arguing which Dixie Chick is the hottest. I mean, they're all pretty average.

Pretty average? So your assessing them based on performance? By that logic you'd have to say the 1999 "FLY" tour was pretty average as well. We'll you'd be wrong there pal, because as you can see, based on box office sales that year, they had one of the hottest country performances of all......

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

appreciated x 1000

Appreciated for what exactly? His appreciatabilitiness? That's not even a word. So please explain exactly what it is we're supposed to be appreciating. Seems like you're talking about his play, based on the "continually outperforms the other goalies this fanbase swears by" and "continually beats out his rival backup" but apparently that's not it. (And since those comments aren't even true, I guess you should have some other reason....) 

5 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Appreciated for what exactly? His appreciatabilitiness? That's not even a word. So please explain exactly what it is we're supposed to be appreciating. Seems like you're talking about his play, based on the "continually outperforms the other goalies this fanbase swears by" and "continually beats out his rival backup" but apparently that's not it. (And since those comments aren't even true, I guess you should have some other reason....) 

Bruh, I literally just reposted my original posts for you and broke them down by paragraph for you... and your gonna make me post them again? You need to scroll back up or return to an earlier page if you forget what I wrote, I'm not gonna repost them every time for you, sorry.

Here ya go:

On 10/28/2018 at 9:27 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is exactly why I vouch for Howard.

Young Mrazek hits the scene, and the immediate reaction of this fan-base is to completely throw Howard under the bus. But what do you know, Mrazek turns out to be a complete bust... did the fan-base learn their lesson? No, the moment we sign Bernier, everyone upvotes Bernier, the guy who failed to keep a job with the Leafs, Kings, Ducks, or Avs, as the next starting goaltender. Now Benier sucks too, but will this lead to anyone actually appreciating Howard? Doubtful.

It's s shame in my book. Jimmy has been a career Red Wing, gets little to no appreciation for his service, continually outperforms the other goalies this fanbase swears by, Yet NO ONE recognizes him for that.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not gonna dissect this one down for you like I did the last one. I trust you'll figure it out. It's a lot of work having to breakdown the same point I already made in a new way for someone every time. I suggest just referring back to these posts if you need clarification.

Anything you have issue with, I'm sure you'll let me know. Good luck.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

appreciated x 1000 again

Appreciated for what exactly?

I can repeat myself too. But it's dinner time, so if you're going to keep this up, do me a favor and just pretend I keep doing it, at least until you think of an answer that isn't stupid. Thanks. You're a peach.

45 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Appreciated for what exactly?

I can repeat myself too. But it's dinner time, so if you're going to keep this up, do me a favor and just pretend I keep doing it, at least until you think of an answer that isn't stupid. Thanks. You're a peach.

Let's recap shall we:

I post about Howard being unappreciated going into a fair amount of detail about it.

You start quibbling about  "performance" 

I explain I am speaking about the lack of appreciation for him, not "performance"

You ask me what he should be appreciated for

I cite my original post where I've already commented on that

You ask me what he should be appreciated for... (this is where we are now)

Did you not read my original post? Are you too stubborn to go back and read it now? I know you're a smart guy, but this is low energy for you. If you'd like to discuss Howard I'm all ears my dude, but it's a waste of your time and mine to play games like this. I think my original post is more than sufficient at explaining why I think Howard should be appreciated and why I think he's underappreciated by the fanbase. If you disagree with that please feel free to quote the post and show where I didn't explain enough or why I'm totally stupid in my notion. If you do that perhaps I can expand on my thoughts and explain better and the discussion can continue. If you're not willing to do this, I guess the discussion ends here. I'm not going to say anything different than what I've already said, unless you can provide me feedback about what I failed to explain to you properly.

Appreciate your efforts, enjoy your din din

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

4 hours ago, Buppy said:

Obviously, he is referring to his charm. Get with it!

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

^ The most funny!

oIKhfdl.png

The legend of "Petr 'I can't get my save percentage above 90' Mrazek" lives on in Carolina

Guarantee there's still at least one Red Wing fan out there that would still vote for him as the next golden god of goaltending

Lulz

On 11/13/2018 at 2:05 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The legend of "Petr 'I can't get my save percentage above 90' Mrazek" lives on in Carolina

Guarantee there's still at least one Red Wing fan out there that would still vote for him as the next golden god of goaltending

Lulz

OK, i'll stick up for him, kinda. His GAA is 2.76, give him a break. He's injured anyways. lol But curiously, his best game numbers wise this season was against the Wings. It's a shame he didn't turn out to be what he looked like he was going to be for Detroit, but he's keeping an NHL job. So far...

But he's not in Detroit anymore, so it doesn't really matter what he does.

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

OK, i'll stick up for him, kinda. His GAA is 2.76, give him a break. He's injured anyways. lol But curiously, his best game numbers wise this season was against the Wings. It's a shame he didn't turn out to be what he looked like he was going to be for Detroit, but he's keeping an NHL job. So far...

But he's not in Detroit anymore, so it doesn't really matter what he does.

It's amazing the progress you've made. From Petr is a golden god to at least he still has a job. Beautiful.